• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

GameDay Thread: Week 3--Night Game At Neyland

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
If muschamp is butting in on the offensive calls then shame on him!! He's not a offensive coach, he needs to focus on defense there the ones who need the help. If Pease thinks we r an up the middle kind of team then I can live with it, but I seriously doubt he thinks that.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Either our defense stiffens NOW, or we lose...AGAIN, we let them escape to mid-field. Safety needs to break that up. But above all, WHERE'S THE RUSH?!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
If muschamp is butting in on the offensive calls then shame on him!! He's not a offensive coach, he needs to focus on defense there the ones who need the help. If Pease thinks we r an up the middle kind of team then I can live with it, but I seriously doubt he thinks that.
I think he (Muschamp) is insisting on this "tough up front"-thing, and it's killing us.
Meanwhile, that slant is un-defended.
See? THIS is why we needed TOUCHDOWNS on those last 2 drives into the redzone: they are about to be up 2 scores...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Where is our defensive backfield?!! That was too easy! And THEY get TDs...I mesan it, we better hold THEM to a FG, or this will begin to get away from us: in fact, either we stop them or lose, that's how I see it...Oh MAN, another stupid penalty, a free 1st and goal! This is just too much to watch...I'm about to cut out, guys: we are playing really dumb, and are in the process of giving this one away.
I must say, though, this was a VERY winnable game for us--and our coaches, I believe our HEAD coach this time, gave it away with their play-calling AND lack of proper prep. That's it, we are done--oops--NOT a 2-score game after all...STILL: I am totally disgusted by a NUMHER of things that we have continued to do here, things that have finally bitten us and probably brought a loss in a game we are good enough to have won. This one will be on the coaches...Our QB has played his heart out, has matched and even bettered (when he's been on the field--our D must be exhausted by now--that's gonna be another problem in the 4th this time, I think) the much-ballyhooed Bray out there. Let's give HIM credit here. anyway--and I'm already ready to give a big rasberry to our Head Coach...
Driskel holds it too long--then breaks out! He's young, but he's good!

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
Wow this one is in the books I believe. I don't think Muschamp has the it factor at this point to be a great coach.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sigh. Need more beer.
Good you're here, man...I was just about to bail on this "slow death" debacle, but I'll hang in for a bit longer, this drive at least--and ANOTHER dumb penalty! 3rd and long, hey, what's with the clock?! Now we have to take a TO--but I swear--yeah, that's what Driskel's saying, too. So the screw-job goes on--but that's just another distraction this time: we have HAD our chances here but have handed them a lead instead. I don't know if we HAVE a BIG PLAY in us (we sure haven't had a play-MAKER step forward for us here), but that's the only way I see u8s turning this one around...and our O-line breaks down again--AND another penalty, just in case something good happened. We waste another drive--AND screw up the fake.
That's it. I will stay thru' this next series, but this is getting painful to watch.
See what pressure can do? I'd start going with various disguised blitzes, delays, and so on every play from here on. Well, we stopped 'em. but we're about to be getting this deep in our end.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Wow this one is in the books I believe. I don't think Muschamp has the it factor at this point to be a great coach.
Yeah--you can see II'm leaning the same way here. We don't HAVE the inside running game, Will: why can't YOU see it...BURTON BREAKS FREE--80-YARDS WITH A BLOCKER OUT FRONT! TOUCHDOWN!!! THERE'S the "big play" we need: NOW, can our defense stop them--'cause this offense iIS starting to find itself(and it does NOT include the power-run, not 'til Gilly nears 100% again).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
FINALLY the O-line shows some spark...and finally a bad throw by Bray. And another one...PRESSURE! That's the KEY from now on. DAMNIT, that slant again--but only 'cause no PRESSURE...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK--pressure forces the INT. No TD, but the offense gets back to work and the D gets some needed-rest...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nice run! We are starting to ROLL on offense. Now, go to the ENDZONE! NO no no! The pass sets up the run right now! TOUCHDOWN! We have the LEAD! Alright!!! Has Driskel come of age, or what?!!

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
Watch our d though I don't have any faith that they can make a stop when we need it. Please prove me wrong!!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema