• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

GameDay: "The Cocktail Party" Gators vs Bulldogs Sat.Oct.27

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
He won't make it--not our day--WOW!!! Not a TD, but DEFINITELY a WIN here...STURGES comes THROUGH!
OH, D, just HOLD 'EM ONE MORE TIME...we can still MAYBE "STEAL" this one.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
With the Stripes workin' for 'em. eventually they were gonna break through...THey better call this on THEM this time...but "after the play", so 1st down...we have GOT to stop them here and NOW!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ned the INT now, I think-they are THROWIN'! (They BETTER not reverse this one--that isn't indisputable--no matter WHAT the opinion of this pro-Bulldog announcer...even his partner doesn't agree, but with these officials...)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh MAN--You KNOW the game, at least OUR chance at getting it back and downfield, is pretty well riding on the next play...ANd they rule against us...F*CK!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
WE LOSE! (And I have to hear the neighbors--A&M fans--woofing at me from next door)

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
Has anyone seen these bullshit penalty calls? I can't believe this bullshit, all fucking game, missed horse collars, unsportsmen for talking and endless other shit. Then the great booth review given to Georgia for free.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well Dru that's game. You were right. It's been a fun run...
I don't WANT to be "right"...and btw: first the penalty that wasn't on Easley, then that ridiculous reversal set things up for us to be in man-to-man instead of zone--and that was the game.
We just made TOO many mistakes--and STILL had our chances here. Even now, down just 8 points with 7 minutes left shouldn't be "HOPELESS":, but it sure FEELS that way (I am having to endure CONTINUED "woofing" from the other side of the fence here--you'd think THEY won the National Championship...NOT going to promote neighborhood harmony)..well, a quick TD (like we're finally gonna score one here?) and the 2 pt try-to-tie? If they had JUST held them outta the endzone, or...oh never mind: we ARE getting down-the-field here with Gilly running--but there isn't enough time for TWO drives, I don't think--not at this rate. GROAN! My "lost FG" scenario may still hold--THAT would just KILL me!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Has anyone seen these bullshit penalty calls? I can't believe this bullshit, all fucking game, missed horse collars, unsportsmen for talking and endless other shit. Then the great booth review given to Georgia for free.
Oh Yes, definitely! NO! he throws it away inside the 5!!! Our last chance! What about ball-protection? SIX Turnovers! Of COURSE we lost...(REED of all people...he HAS to go down there, just live to score on the NEXT play...I just can't get OVER how EVERYTHING went wrong for us today...but I guess that's how this was going to happen: all our weaknesses have come out at once, in worst way possible at worst time...now the facemask takes away our last chance with the ball ,,,instead of 3rd down its 1s again...NEVER MIND. We LOST this one--and it was winnable: I'm not convinced they are better than us...only that we will lose when we have 6 turnovers, all the key penalties and miss our chances for TDs in the endzone...would have liked to have seen the last few minutes with us going for 2, though...

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
I still can't get over the fucking calls. It's a Rivalry game and we got a personal foul for talking shit while walking by another player. Not making that the excuse for losing. Maybe Brent stop calling the stupid SWEEP plays that kept putting the ball on the ground. My highlight film will be the missed calls, nothing else. Atleast Muschamp has the class to go out on the field and be a man about the game. I still feel he is the right fit, meanwhile, lets look forward to next Saturday and not less this get us in the shitter. Hopefully our team still plays and develops and thinks of the rest of the season as "practice" on getting us more balanced on both sides of the ball and be the best we can. Season is not over, I would love to see us play K State or Notre Dame, can't stand the hype on them.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This one REALLY hurt--and don't watch the sports-shows tonight , my friends--OR the BCS standings tomorrow night...they are gonna crucify us now, like the refs did...We'll learn from this...we'll still have a "good" year, finish strong--maybe even beat the Moles at the end (that's like our Championship now). This team will NOT collapse and lose a bunch now. I think they PUNISH the next few teams they face...You gotta hurt right now, though...These players KNOW it was on them, that they just gave away a game they "shoulda-coulda", and now they feel even worse than WE do (sorry for the delay--my ex, also a Gator, just called with condolences/commiseration), especially the seniors: This was a real chance for a "Special Year", right out of the blue, but now even the SEC-title is probably out-of-reach...I just can't see the football gods rigging everything "right" for a Gator return-to-the-top THIS time, not with the way it has already developed, and THEY know it too--we HAD to keep it within OUR control, and that is gone now. Very painful, but we can only hunker down, limit the bone-picking post-mortems (just throw THIS film AWAY--nothing but things you neither want to see NOR can learn from: They already know, "DON'T FUMBLE!", and so on). I welcome your thoughts, but I think we have to mainly move on.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema