• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

GameDay: Saturday, October 13--Florida at Vanderbilt

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
muschamp started like 4 new people, probably resting them for next weeks game.
He better NOT--this Commodores team is FEELING it, and I don't FEEL like sweating this out into the 4th qrtr. I won't be able to relax at ALL until our offense puts together a successful drive; we're misfiring so far, looking as uneven as we have early all year. Once we get the lead (IF we get the lead), we probably won't let it go--but so fdar it is THEM who are dominating the game's flow at this point.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I know it's only the 1st quarter. But these guys need to wake up. This is bullshit.
"Wake up" is right...and here is Debose back to do nothing with it once again (I'm sorry, but this kid has been such a dud, after so much promise). Now they are starting to stuff US, get US in long downs deep in our own end--there's Driskel with the planned run, NICE! They're keying on Gillisley now--AND stuffing the box: it is WIDE open for a long pass--hey, even a medium range crossing route to a receiver breaking past the safety over-the-middle would spring him for the TD right now--if only we HAD that basic play realistically available to us! Time to find out if we have found someone to run it, right here, right now...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
BEAUTIFUL fake by Driskil! TOUCHDOWN!!! Now the quick 2-pointer, and we're AHEAD! NICE one, all around (and shrewd move there by Muschamp, jumping up on 'em in what looksright now to be a close game--and taking their crowd out of it now, too)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
looks like our back pulled his hand on the TD pass, anyone else notice that?
Yeah, you're right NF--I was just about to complain about it ("Too HOT for him?!!") when JD took it out of everyone else's "hands"...can you imagine what this offense COULD be, WILL be if we can just build an efficient-if-not-real-explosive passing game?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Did I just hear that we've lost Reed for today at LEAST? BIG loss--hope it's just for this week...we HAVE to have him for USCe--he's our top receiver thus far...
Meanwhile, they JUST got that 1st down,,,I don't believe our defense is going to give them ANYTHING the rest of the way...3rd and long--let's get it BACK!

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
Yeah, you're right NF--I was just about to complain about it ("Too HOT for him?!!") when JD took it out of everyone else's "hands"...can you imagine what this offense COULD be, WILL be if we can just build an efficient-if-not-real-explosive passing game?

Elam is a beast lol! Escambia was right with naming him Sandman. He hits hard and that shit plays with the heads of opposing offensive players. Go Gators

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Is this gonna be a 1/2-the-distance personal-foul AFTER THE PLAY?!! ANOTHER stupid penalty here: we are screwing ourselves as far as field-position, in a close game (and AGAIN, doesn't seem to matter who's back there on punts, Debose or Saunders, either ONE calls the Fair Catch with ten or more yards of green in front of him--and let it bounce down past them deep when they are any closer...add that dumb penalty and we couldn't start out much worse off.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We need THEM to make some mistakes--but so far they are not obliging us...Trey Burton DROPS the easy first down pass out of the endzone! I am surprised and disappointed--he HAS to come down with it, but he again jumps weirdly (and unnecessarily) early putting him in awkward position to make an otherwise simple, look-it-into-your-gut-catch...He was doing that his first year here, but got out of that and has been "money" until the last few games, when he's started doing it again...Great punt by Christy, but they are at mid-field to start this drive.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Thank GOD for our D--the cliche about "championships" is true--but here is an unnecessary pass-interference penalty on the pass off the end-around: he could and SHOULD have been able to go up and at LEAST knocked that ball away. Their best, their ONLY way of moving the ball downfield has been with the pass, mostly deep, except for the TD (which was as "deep" as they could go there). But here's our D sacking them on the blitz! Now the false start, and they are 3rd and LOONNNG back at mid-field...tipped, incomplete, 4th down. Yeah, this Gator defense is pretty good (intentional understatement).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, it isn't pretty, and I sure'd welcome a bit of a "field day" performance by our offense one of these Saturdays, you know, have some FUN, but the thing is we're wearing them down in our typical fashion, and another long drive here would nicely grind out most of the rest of the half and leave them set up to be sat on and suffocated after the break.
Btw, Burton back in--REALLY good news--OH! GREAT play by Gilly after the pass--no surprise, they are reviewing this one to see if he was down--might be reversed here, especially against US, and in Nashville (we finally had one go our way LAST week--a BIG one, remember?). Meanwhile 3 out of 5 O-linemen are new this week--after we finally had put together a coherent group who functioned efficiently together...They're getting it done here against Vandy, who are weak against the run, but what about NEXT week? Hope we get at least one or TWO of 'em back.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Meanwhile, great two-minute drill by JD here, down at 15 yd line--interference in the endzone (good penalty by Vandy safety tho'--our guy open for TD). 1st at 2 yd ln...now 2nd-and-goal at 1/2yd. line on Gator fumble (Gilly grabbed it, luckily). Now, which play to run: Gilly, QB sneak, or easy pass?

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
yea, couldn't believe Burton dropping that pass, I'm sure he is down on himself as much as we are too lol, he usually is good at being our go-to guy. Just don't get frustrated when our Gators aren't meeting OUR standards. I know it's ugly, especially against of all people, Vandy, but keep in mind that this isn't the normal Vandy "doormat" that we've come to know for years and years.

Keep cheering and go gators.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
SH*T!!! BAD penalty outs us back five yards--now may cost us TD--CERTAINLY cost us EASY one....here we go:
Tipped in back-of-endzone...3rd-down. Thought JD coulda run it...LOUSY 3rd down call--and we shot ourselves with a penalty AGAIN...gotta take the 3pts...it's good, but Vandy goes in THINKING they "won" that last stretch.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
With Easley and Jenkins out on defense, and our O-line "re-tooled" on offense, though we have no immediate reason NOT to believe we can dominate the 2nd half exactly as we have done in every OTHER game we have played this season, we better NOT think for even a moment that this will happen just BECAUSE it's happened before--This Commodore team believes they are IN this game, are not intimidated and have their crowd behind them going into the 3rd qrtr and getting the ball first.
WE just need to tighten up on offense, continue to run the ball and eliminate the poorly-timed penalties; the defense will make the necessary adjustments to eliminate their long-passing game, but that STILL depends on the cover guys neither letting their WRs get behind them nor be forced to commit interference penalties in order to prevent it...If we minimally accomplish BOTH of the above goals we will win this game--and if we could add a moderately effective passing attack, just complete maybe 1/2 a dozen passes that travel at least 10 yds downfield to an open receiver with running room and a head of steam, we put this thing away in the 3rd qrtr and get Brisset and the reserves in there by fairly early in the 4th--Heaven FORBID!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
As usual, I find myself sitting here at the end of halftime, a drink in my hand and a tight knot in my gut--would have been REAL nice to at LEAST have the 8-pt lead now...Btw, did you happen to get a close look at the reverse-angle replay of Hines' fumble at the goal line? It WAS a fumble, and only an aware and hyper-alert-fast reaction by Gilly to grab it kept it in our posession...though it was that DUMB too-much-time-to-substitute penalty that cost us the easy dive for a TD, in a way we were also fortunate to keep it and get ANYTHING. Basically a "wash--and we're up 4 to start the 3rd, which is still better than we've had it around "half the time" before now this season.
Gotta like our chances, despite my warnings: this is when we begin to come on--and they have NOT done well in the 2nd half. C'mon D! It's all on YOU now!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
SH*T! We LET him get thru' our middle! That isn't what we wanna see.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Now THEY are trying to run the ball on US...GOT to shut them down. Out near mid-field now...We need to get a couple of turnovers here in the 3rd qrtr--F*CK!!! THANK GOD!!! TD called back--but they BROKE our line open up the middle there...BAD sign. Have we OVER-adjusted here? WHAT IS GOING ON?!! They are moving the line of scrimmage up front against our 4/3--and another of our linemen is down. This is NOT "the gameplan. We hade a 2nd chance to shut 'em down, get the ball back in decent shape; now we just need to stop them any way we can and get it back for our offense--and that long run-called-back is a warning: we can't keep sleepwalking thru' this game!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So far, it's THEM who look like "a different team"--and don't forget, our depth, one of our big advantages in the 2nd half, has mostly been neutralized so far...DAMN! Open slant on 3rd down for a 1st at our 30! We are blowing this game, and it is our DEFENSE that has failed to rise to the occasion so far in this 1st drive of the 2nd half--and ANOTHER 1st down in our redzone...I can't STAND this! What is WRONG out there? 5more yards on the run on 1st down...Gators, this will be a bit of a "shoot out th rest of the way...we will HAVE to have a passing game to win this game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema