• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

GameDay: Sat., Oct. 20--Gators vs. Gamecocks in The Swamp

jamestoney84

Gator Fan
but seriously, that Clowney is a beast. Did you guys see him in the last play? He was faked out and it was a pass, but he's dominating up front.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
but seriously, that Clowney is a beast. Did you guys see him in the last play? He was faked out and it was a pass, but he's dominating up front.
That's why that pass was CALLED--and was such a good idea--it's a good thing we have the lead, 'cause Clowney is leading their D to a great day--only it may not make a difference...keep getting great field position and they'll wear down regardless...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Time out! Let's take a shot, anyway...Yikes! That was some wild KARMA those last few minutes/2 kicks, know what I mean? It's like we SHOULD have had 'em down a couple of scores already--so we were handed them!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh SHIT! ANOTHER PF--well, forget that "shot"...NOW we just try to run it out. Still, we should TRY to get a 1st down...(man, dumb penalty there out of bounds, if it DID happen--I didn't see it, and there've been some OTHER shaky calls on us to help the opposition so far, as we all have seen--anyway, THAT one killed any thought of getting some more pts)...now a sack DEEP--THIS is bad: We went from getting out of this half with the ball or a score, to looking at HAVING to get a KILLER punt out of Christy one more time--and they'll STILL have better than 1/2 a minute to get into FG range, at least...Our offense has SUCKED this first half--and Clowney is KILLING us!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is NERVE-wracking--an all we ran off the clock there was 11 seconds in 3 plays? Even WITH all 3 time-outs, Carolina shouldn't still have almost a FULL MINUTE left! Damn, this is gonna be BAD!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well--close to being blocked again--but he rushes it a bit and gets off another 50 yarder!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Looks like OUR D is playing just about as well as THEIRS, except for that one drive-for-3...Nuts! gets it up to mid-field and out of bounds!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is coming right down to it...INTERCEPTED! Oh NO!!! Offsides undoes it!

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
I think you guys will be able to relax and enjoy the surprise. I'll be back to tell you "told ya so"

from another thread, i thought i said "at half" in reference to this post. But i'll still take credit for our D stepping up and "Ace" getting excited and giving up the rock. Damn I'm good.

PS - Offense is looking weak but think about the amount of time they have been on the field, Defense and Special Teams is stepping up. Like always, 2nd half adjustments here we come baby.

Go Gators

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
4 seconds left--for the LONNNG attempt! Damnit! That offsides cost us 3, in a game that will be close by the end, we ALL know! I can't get OVER how many things went against us in that half! Then again, I can't quite get over us having the lead at all after all that AND how little our offense has been able to do outside their redzone!
I don't know, guys...they will HAVE to pass to beat us--and WE will have to pass to move the ball and get ANY points on offense at ALL, it seems...but Muschamp is gonna have his team come out and try to shorten the game, wear THEM down, and everyone--including Spurrier--knows it: if we can DO it, the game's ours...but here's another thought (again!): THROW it, Gators! Don't wait 'til they catch up or even get the lead, when they KNOW what we have to do! Don't "pre-vent victory"! Let's come out THROWING on our first series of the 2nd half (we get it 1st, too)...I am convinced it is the path to opening things up and WINNING this thing!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I feel like we're LOSING at the half--and we ARE, except on the scoreboard! (Which in THIS case ISN'T necessarily "what counts"--not until the END of the game) Who ELSE feels like this isn't anything to feel the least bit "comfortable" about? We have GOT to find a way to move the ball NO MATTER WHAT, to ultimately still HAVE that lead at the end. WE need it to shorten the half, yes, but I'm figuring that we'll need to SCORE a couple of more times as well: I just DON'T see us winning this without at least ONE long time-consuming drive. That FG at the end of the half could be big--it is one more "swing", no matter "just 3", that they have had in their favor here--otherwise we have them just about BEATEN already.
For the first time all season, I am having one of those EXTREME GUT TIGHTENING EPISODES, the ones that in the past have driven me to turn off EVERYTHING and lie down in the dark for an hour or so before going back and checking out where things are at late,,,
OH, Muschamp is PISSED! LISTEN to him biting off "I have no COMMENT!" repeatedly there. Whaddayathink? Officials?
OK here we go...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Aw come ON! THIS isn't gonna get it DONE! OK--Hammond got the 1st--but they won't keep getting them with 3rd and 8s...Gotta find a way to get some misdirection going on these runs!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK--another 1st down at their 30...this is a BIG drive for us...gotta get points here...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hines for another 8 on the screen by Driskel--nice touch there...lousy call on 2nd down--we can't do ANYTHING from a hand-0off that deep, not with Clowney in our backfield! 1st down Burton! Inside the 20!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema