• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

GameDay: Sat., Oct. 20--Gators vs. Gamecocks in The Swamp

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
i think our teams "doubts" can be credited to Pease "holding back" the play calling. I called it along with other members, the old saying goes, if it aint broke dont fix it, we can pass and we've proved it, play honest and beat un on the run, if not then we'll throw on you. Driskle having a good game regardless of stats

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Let's get to the 4th quarter and take it HOME! One more score and they will not catch us--NICE RUN BY GILLY--ANOTHER 1st Down...Flag! !/2 the distance...let's drive it down their THROATS HERE if we can...THIS one is for the game, I believe.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The way the announcers were talking at the half, especially when they were coming out--TOUCHDOWN!!! If it stands, I think that'll DO it--I just don't think ANYONE is gonna score 4 TDs on us, even with a whole quarter left to play--not on THIS defense!!!
...As I was saying, the announcers made it sound as if they were watching a "Fired up Gamecocks team coming out DETERMINED to take control of this game"--only that's what WE did!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
"We ARE the boys!!!"

My friends, it is 37-to-8 with a quarter to play: We KNOW they have to throw into the TEETH of our defense, which is ready to party -at-the-quarterback. I know this is a desperate situation for the Gamecocks, facing their 2nd SEC loss, but he's GOT to start thinking about protecting his quarterback for the REST of the season...I know we haven't gotten that many sacks this season, but it isn't for lack of speed or talent. I don't think even SOS beieves they're coming back here...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OH! Another near INT! We'll have more chances before this is over...shoot! Cut out the FLAGS here--lengthens this game! 4th down...Wanna go for it, Steve? OOH--Bostic got away with one there...doesn't even BEGIN to even up the calls, though (one way to look at it!).
I'm thinking of InkedAdrenaline in The Swamp today...This would have been a fun one to be at in the 4th quarter--pressure's mostly OFF us now--even I'M starting to cool down now--I may have my concerns that we finish strong, but Muschamp won't LET this team relax now!

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
the announcers only resonate our credit all season, please keep doubting us, please keep playing "safe", please keep thinking we are not a threat. We've proved it, although ugly, it doesn't matter, maybe ugly is our play call. Give it whatever title you want, but do not think we don't have anything, or for our sake, please keep thinking that.

PS - why is Conner Shaw out? did I miss something?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
FOUR TD PASSES for JD today...time to SHUT UP, haters...He's been great today, done everything that needed doing here today...
...They better do more than screwing around 3-and-out down inside their own FIVE, though...Unless Christy rips off his best one yet, USC is about to be handed a chance at SOME points--and he does it again--LONG directional kick, no return, their ball on THEIR side of mid-field...Now: How about an INT here, D? They WILL be throwing every down, after all...

miltongator

Gator Fan
milton huh? born and raised a pace patriot lol what are you talking about noting cheap????
why is shaw out, i'm multi tasking

Don't want the D to give up any cheap stuff. Make 'em go the long way. Actually raised in Pensacola, but been in Milton for 12 years now.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
the announcers only resonate our credit all season, please keep doubting us, please keep playing "safe", please keep thinking we are not a threat. We've proved it, although ugly, it doesn't matter, maybe ugly is our play call. Give it whatever title you want, but do not think we don't have anything, or for our sake, please keep thinking that.

PS - why is Conner Shaw out? did I miss something?
I think he got the same idea I did several posts back: They need to start thinking about PROTECTING him now--they've got the rest of the season still, even if the SEC-title is beyond them now...
Also, NG, this whole game and its sats prove something I've seen analyzed before and have had trouble quite getting my head around, but here it is AGAIN:
One of the most "irrelevant" stats in sports is said to be penalty yards: there is not only no advantage in drawing fewer flags and total yards, it turns out that the team that has more of each comes out a WINNER more often than not! I don't think there's a correlation...Again, it's just mainly "IRRELEVANT".
...And I am WITH you on the "keep selling us short" idea--my friend, a hardcore Longhorn who came by earlier to try and bait me and my Gators kept saying, "They're making such a big deal out of this game--but even THEY can't manage to sound like the Gators will WIN this one...here's where they face REALITY!" I jyust smiled, stayed cool and answered, well whatever Spurrier's team does, they better do it in the first half...We'll see..."
He called at the half to say how "lucky" we were to be ahead, and that "Spurrier's team will come out and make the same things they're doing WORK for them in the 2nd half--Y'all aren't gonna score again!"
I just left a message for him: "You're awful QUIET--sounds like Columbia, SC! You were SAYING?!!"

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK D--let's snuff this out! (They're throwing underneath our "prevent" though...they may well get a TD out of this drive, at this rate...) Just make them take as much time off the clock as we can, I guess, get the ball back and run it out...at this rate, we STILL win by at least a couple of touchdowns even if they score TWICE this way.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
4th and 10 inside our redzone--they go for the FG?!! Does that concede the game or WHAT?!! 37-11: Hey Gators--I think we've GOT this one!! Um, NOW I think maybe it's time to trust this team AND coaching staff: When we go back and review just HOW we won this one, and won it HANDILY, well...REED BREAKS THRU'AND AWAY ON THE KO! Here comes Brisset...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
First Down at the one: here comes the "BIG NUMBER" hung on SPURRIER in the Swamp THIS time...TOUCHDOWN, MACK BROWN! 44-11.
We ARE getting better and better, game by game--and doing it in different ways...in fact, there is only the one constant: We are DOMINANT in the 2nd half, kepp coming on and on, and damn near INVINCIBLE in the 4th quarter. OK: Who predicted THIS score?!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
INT! Put it to BED, Gamecocks...Go on HOME, Steve--you know, that place you moved to up NORTH?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
LOOK at that gamecocks BENCH! They are WHIPPED! In SHOCK! Yeah--you're our BITCHES! (I just HAD to say that to someone, finally--and it just FITS here!)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
You think Brisset and the 2nd team offense doesn't want to drive for a TD here? Even with their hands tied somewhat with no passes allowed, they are all FIRING off the ball! SC better play some more D here or we'll hang "half-a-hundert" (a la SOS) on 'em here!

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
Don't want the D to give up any cheap stuff. Make 'em go the long way. Actually raised in Pensacola, but been in Milton for 12 years now.

I remember my older brothers taking me to your stadium to pour out bags of salt on the game field to spell out PACE, not sure how old you are but I'm 30 this year and remember it clearly lol.

Any who, apparently the doubt will still come as the announcers say how tough the South Carolina schedule has been and not a bleep on how ours has been. Oh well, keep it coming, or actually don't, because ................................................................. WE LOVE IT

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema