• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

GameDay: Sat., Oct. 20--Gators vs. Gamecocks in The Swamp

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
THIS is EXACTLY what we needed to do--drive down the field...Now: gotta cash it IN! TOUCHDOWN ON THE REVERSE! HUGE!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
NUTS, they get the 2 on the blocked pt-after! Way to give 'em HOPE, guys!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Thought someone would catch him, damnit! This is a PRIZE-fight! And don't think this doesn't give them a lift off of OUR TD--we only net 4 pts on that after all...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Like I say--I am just about ready to go and hide for an hour or s0...this is just too much tension, with too little release...it's like that line from Godfather III--"Every time I think I'm out, they PULL me back in!!!"

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK--can we pull out ANOTHER long drive, get some points and burn the bulk of the 3rd quarter? Is that too much to ask?

miltongator

Gator Fan
Let's call them
Like I say--I am just about ready to go and hide for an hour or s0...this is just too much tension, with too little release...it's like that line from Godfather III--"Every time I think I'm out, they PULL me back in!!!"

Let's call them the cardiac Gators

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
REED--one more broken tackle and he's off to the races!!! 38 yarder! Down in their end again!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
3rd and 8 at the redzone: Do we throw it to the endzone or just run something (counter-to-the-other-side, or at MOST a screen pass?) Gotta believe Muschamp calls something conservative here--but a throw to the back of the endzone is a "conservative pass" in this situatiom--TD or kick the FG, is the idea...let's see...OH! He HAD him--not one of JD's best throws there...FG try coming up--Good.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, that WAS a variation on the screen pass, and would have WORKED with a great touch-pass--similar to the fade closer in, actually...At least we DID take more time off the clock, showed more willingness (and ability) to pass, and got the points back we LOST on that blocked extra-pt. #0-8 late in the 3rd quarter: not a bad position with our defense, right?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Come to think of it--would ANY of us have NOT taken this score at this point-in-the-game? (SACK--DEEP!)
I was just about to say: they can pin their ears back now!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mediocre punt--our ball at their 40 or so...One more drive--this one for TD? Let's put this thing away NOW!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
ALMOST A TD PASS! Great pass, close! Good idea, though...and here's the 3rd down completion by Driskel for a 1st down inside the 20! Time out...Take Note EVERYONE WHO FACES US: You better beat us early, 'cause you WON'T beat us late! I am starting to BELIEVE!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema