• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

GameDay: LA Lafayette vs UF @ The Swamp Sat.Nov.10

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
How about THAT last 2 minutes?!!! Just UNFRIGGINGBELIEVABLE! Purifoy blocks it STYRAIGHT into Jelani's hands, who made a better catch than ANY receiver made today,
Yes: "Winning is better than losing". I just went from thoroughly BUMMED to giddy and UP...but let's just FACE it: we have NO complaints the rest of the way: we came within SECONDS of completely embarrassing ourselves before the whole NATION today...Then again, as my girlfriend is saying to me--AND my ex-wife, a Gator, would ALSO no doubt say--"that isn't what HAPPENED, though..."
Let's give credit to (1) Jacoby Brisset for pulling it together just enough right at the end to get us down and INTO the endzone to tie it, and (2) this "never-say-die"-Gator team this year: for all of their weird "let-down" after seeming to finally grab control of this game end-of-1st-half/start-of-2nd-half, right up until Jordon Reed dropped that EASY TD-pass on his hands on that 1st nice drive of the 2nd half, settling for 3 then La-La coming ALIVE, make no mistake, even as we seemed to go into an undeserved "cruise-mode" that turned DARK with that blocked punt AFTER they'd plled close with their OWN TD drive, like our D couldn't BELIEVE it, and we were BEAT after that, all the MORE so after JD went down...then Jacoby looked like he couldn't hit ANYTHING, seemed to miss on his-and-OUR seeming "one chance", then somehow EVERYONE, BOTH sides of the ball, Jacoby and the offense included, finally seemed to pull it together and GET IT DONE--tied it up, and I STILL wasn't at ALL sure what we'd do with THAT--and it was ALL just prelude to--Well, we all saw it!
...Which reminds me: NaffGutts Did you switch back in time to see it, man? I clicked back in JUST in time to see us run that little pass play that tied it UP...and WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THAT WAS CRAZY AMAZING FUN!!!

i tried switching earlier and missed the actual play, although my computer atleast graced me with the audio from the announcers, video came in right in time to see the replay. Awesome play, shouldn't have been this close and i think Coach Boom needs to rethink some things, he is head coach now, although his Defensive mind is a refreshing change, he needs that same level of commitment from his Offense and apparently Brent isn't getting it done. Just glad that Brisset got some time to work his quirks out, I still think he has potential and should be looked at again.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh and did anyone lose a few years off their lives after this game?
I hate to say it--and this has NOTHING to do with any appraisal of our offense--but this was as much of a down-to-up-REVERSAL thrill as any I can remember...
It SHOULDN'T have required anything LIKE that kind of thing, which logic and context tells me is a problem that has yet to be addressed, let alone solved, but that isn't what I'm talking about now...I just cannot get OVER how RELIEVED I feel right now; I was so SURE that everything, INCLUDING our defense AND special teams along with the USUAL stuff, offense and penalties, had gone south in the 4th with us having finally collapsed and surrendered a two-score lead in the 3rd qrtr for the first time all season. It just all seemed to have turned against us at the same time again--this time to beat us EMBARRASSINGLY--but NO!
So let's just acknowledge the one thing that DID make this possible, the one thing among several things "DIFFERENT" about this edition, this version of our Fightin' Gator Football squad, that DID work for us here--that "never stop" determination that this team has, so that we DID keep coming, got the tying score, then stopped them and stopped the clock to force the punt--and didn't have to go to God-knows-what-in-Overtime after ALL!!!
Now: how bad is Driskel's ankle, and Elam's shoulder?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
bama is down, upset alert
This might have involved me more (I do have it on here, on the big screen in the living room at my place--where "the boys" (friends' brothers' sons, etc.) are enjoying it immensely (this IS TEJAS, after all...)--between their laughing calls to me from out there and the whooping celebration-party already begun across-the-fence next-door, I could already TELL what was happening), maybe even sent me to worrying and figuring about how it MIGHT somehow "work against us" as far as eliminating one BCS opportunity should the Tide blow their shot at the "Plus One", knocking them into the Sugar Bowl and "condemning the REST of us 1-loss SEC teams to the Cap-1 at BEST...", but after coming that close to all that being the LEAST of our problems, I am more relaxed and circumspect about all of that now...let's just see what WE can do about our OWN shortcomings and facing these last tough regular-season games OURSELVES. Do the best we can with what we've got left, and let the rest just take care of itself, RIGHT?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
LOVE what happened to Da Eeeyyeeewww against Va. today, losing by 1 at the very end (41-40)--HA!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
You know, I'm all OVER the place with my thinking now...I mean, it's like all bets are OFF and I don't even like myself for going in THIS direction, but let's face it: the way things have broken our way this season, IF ONLY Reed doesn't let himself get stripped on that poorly advised leap inside-the-5, I think we HIT that 2-pointer and end up playing for the win in overtime...just the way things are bouncing for us this time around--and you just don't GET that every season...
...Though in a way, I'm willing to grant it's kind of wasted on THIS team, who really HAVEN'T looked like ANY kind of "Champion", "National-", "SEC-" --or even "SunBelt-"-- since the Gamecocks-win)...Still and all, along with the penalties, poor offense, dropped passes, injuries EVERYWHERE especially along both lines, along with all the BAD calls and BAD luck and BAD injuries, we have had our share of GOOD luck as WELL to get here at ALL...in fact, at this point I'm ready to just throw up my hands and say, "Whatever we can manage to suck up and pull off from here, we either deserve it or we don't..."

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
Missed out on the game day thread, had my parents over to watch the game.

We sucked the entire game, Brisset comes in to drive to a thrilling victory. Kinda wanna see Brisset start next week.

CHOMP CHOMP

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Missed out on the game day thread, had my parents over to watch the game.

We sucked the entire game, Brisset comes in to drive to a thrilling victory. Kinda wanna see Brisset start next week.

CHOMP CHOMP
(While watching the back-and-forth in this ATM/'Bama game, where the Tide seemed to have dodged the big bullet of a two score deficit when even the FG hooked out and missed. then quickly drove down the field only to get stripped just before hitting the TD and getting the lead...that may be IT for them, now, with Johnny Football making play-after-play...)
I think we WILL get Jacoby next week--but only 'cause JD will still be healing, not 100%...and that isn't wrong, necessarily, NOT based on a clutch but still single-drive performance. Now, if Jacoby lights a fire under this offense for a whole game, that would present a real choice for Muschamp and Pease, but so far he has "just done his job as back-up QB", come in and eventually gotten "warmed up" and run the offense...JD had been running it fairly well too since late in the 2nd quarter--he just got little protection and his usual share of drops--and Jacoby was even MORE inaccurate until that last drive...Anyway, we will see: Much as I like Jeff Driskel, I just want to see us put some kind of OFFENSE out there.
(Meanwhile, things have steadily turned AGAINST the Tide here...12 points behind and NOT getting the calls anymore--even when they DESERVE it, like on a helmet-to-helmet hit that SHOULD have been a penalty but wasn't called--but 'Bama has to score FAST now, THEN get it back and drive again? Not on THIS offense OR defense today...and if we were a beter team, this would be a Big Drag for us: As I warned a week or two ago and have repeated several times since (there's that quick 'Bama TD--to keep things interesting), if Alabama were to LOSE to someone in the SEC (like, say, A&M), it would leave the REST of us "out-in-the-colld" as far as the BCS was concerned--as it will now if/when they lose here...They will STILL get the Sugar Bowl bid when they win in Atlanta, while we (and everyone else) will be SOL, get it? OUR only chance will then REALLY be that Auburn beats UGA tonight, then WE beat the Tide in Atlanta...and I don't care HOW "beatable" 'Bama has seemed, does anyone here really believe we have a "decent shot" of beating them? Not the team I've been watching the last few weeks...)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...and this is why (if you're watching that game): they didn't need "luck" to get the lead back, it seems...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nope--INT in the endzone...THAT should DO it...bad for us, though...if you are still thinking that way...(Got to say, though, 'Bama really exposed THEMSELVES today, all their imperfections came back on 'em here)...Tide gets one more shot with a 3-amd-out, but with only 35 seconds or so to get it down there again; No, they just blew their chance at pulling it out, really.
(I don't know why I'M still worrying about it, though...OUR chance at the Sugar Bowl was nil without a win against FSU ANYWAY, and I can't see how we're gonna score any points against 'em on offense--and now a penalty on Alabama ends their last chance when the defender jumps offsides...that's OUR kind of BONEHEADED play!!!)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Just a WEIRD day, in a weird YEAR: Who'd have figured, when all was said and done, that it would be the GATORS, of all Top 10 teams in a "back-to-the-wall, down-late-to-the-underdog" situation, deflated and without their injured QB, would be the ones to suck it up and get a "pull-a-rabbit-out-of-the-hat", unbelievable 2 TDs in the last 102 seconds--including a blocked-PUNT to score the winner with seconds left--finish to win?!!

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
Hey, totally off topic but Damn how come I don't have the feature available to "like" a post? I'm on Tapatalk and have that feature with the other forums I'm on but this one I don't. I'm assuming I don't have enough posts but Damn I've been a member for awhile now...

Edit: never mind I opened in browser and had the feature. They need to update so we have feature thru Tapatalk cuz I always use Tapatalk...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
My ONLY "SEC-affiliated-loyalties" consisted of was (1) our overall strength-of-schedule is enhanced when a SEC team is at the top, and (2) I KNEW, could SEE it COMING that if /when 'Bama lost, as the SEC-team "they-couldn't-knock-out-of-there" would be GONE, as far as the rest of the college football world was concerned, the MOMENT they DID get a loss--and that THAT would in turn knock us (ALL SEC teams with one loss) out of competition for anything but the one Sugar Bowl berth--That's how it shook out this year, and unless a whole LOT of things happen now, including some REALLY absurd let-downs among the three (tOSU doesn't get to figure in here) unbeaten teams left, as one of those "1-loss SEC teams", WE have even FEWER options: IF that Auburn-over-Georgia were to somehow happen after all (and Alligators fly out President Obama's @$$, etc.--place your ridiculous long-shot joke here), even THEN we'd have to BEAT FSU, BEAT Alabama, and our reward THEN would be the SUGAR Bowl, rather than the "Plus One" as such a combo shot would have yielded us in any other year. The only way THAT (the "Plus One-Championship") can happen is if at least TWO of those three (ELIGIBLE) unbeatens were to lose, and we were THEN to take care of all OUR resulting luck in getting there, well, THEN we'd see...but is anyone here really "banking" on that possibility?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hey, totally off topic but Damn how come I don't have the feature available to "like" a post? I'm on Tapatalk and have that feature with the other forums I'm on but this one I don't. I'm assuming I don't have enough posts but Damn I've been a member for awhile now...

Edit: never mind I opened in browser and had the feature. They need to update so we have feature thru Tapatalk cuz I always use Tapatalk...
I was gonna SAY, IA...but that "Tapatalk" has its idiosyncracies regardless...I use it too, when I'm mobile online (these Saturdays, mostly)--and of course the FIRST thing ya gotta do is get rid of that stupid tag-line that runs under/after everything until you do..."I am sending this message to you using Tapatalk....blah blah blah...", right?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ain't VICTORY grand? We basically stunk up the joint against a relatively mediocre team (compared to the competition we normally face), while the Tide makes a few mistakes against a really good SEC team that is coming ON, and our Coach gets to be humble and proud of a crazy-ass last second rally-cum-fluke, , while THEIRS has to "take the blame" for coming within a whisker of pulling their game out brilliantly.
I still found it, right up until the last minute-and-a-half or so, the worst game experience YET in a SEASON of such experiences, and do NOT find myself looking forward to the games coming up at ALL.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
....UGA DESTROYING hapless Auburn, 28-0 at the half...from here on out, according to the very same folks who secretly VOTE on such things in "the Human Polls" we have "ZERO chance" of even making it to a BCS Bowl without help--and that's IF we win out and end up 11-and-1...in fact, according to these same folks, a current TWO-loss SEC-team, A&M, now has a BETTER shot of making it to a BCS game, the Fiesta Bowl, if THEY win out, than we do of getting to OURS, the Sugar Bowl, if WE finish with just the ONE loss: I listened, I HEARD, but I still just don't GET it...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema