• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

GameDay: LA Lafayette vs UF @ The Swamp Sat.Nov.10

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The little I have to say about this game I have mostly already said elsewhere: Though a solid Sunbelt Conference program, we should have our choice of ways to beat them--and it is my HOPE we will do that with some rejuvenated PASSING offense in the first half, leading to a nice lead, Brisset-time and a chance to empty our bench in the 2nd--courtesy of shut-down Dee-fense throughout.
I'll join you during the game, 'cause that's what I DO, but I have so LITTLE enthusiasm for another "screw around for a quarter-and-a-half while we try to wake up for this 'early game', then slowly assert ourselves and appear to have difficulty moving the ball 'even against THESE GUYS!' blah blah blah..." I want so BADLY to see something MORE, to see us readjusting NOW, for the "NEXT Big Game". Who knew, going INTO this season, that I would end up being so unenthusiastic, even disappointed, at the prospect of a 10-and-2 record?...Maybe if I saw us making a better, more realistic an effort at getting to 11-1 at this point I'd feel differently--and THAT is what is on-the-line here today, far as I can see--and we have yet to see that effort on-the-field since our "Stumble, Bumble and FUMBLE In Jacksonville" just a couple of weeks back.
So: Will we see a fire lit under their collective @$$es, and all that that will say and DO for us: today, the rest of this year, and BEYOND?!!! Or just MOS, more of the same old "let's leave it to our Defense"-crap? I'm not discussing strategy and shrewd tactics now--I'm talking about pride and the fire we bring to everything we DO...C'mon, Gators! WHO and WHAT are we going to BE?!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, I can see by my late arrival here to such excitement and pregame-buzz WITHOUT me that y'all are as cranked up for this big head-to-head confrontation as I am...
To top off my "game-face-prep", I have found, after much digging and waiting online AND on-the-phone (mostly on HOLD for more than 2 hours...gotta LOVE that...) that I am again apparently BEAT for my supposed online access to ESPN3 (the only access we have to this game out here in cow-land), included in my "Complete Premium Package" on Time/Warner but once AGAIN "having Technical difficulties the 2nd of the ONLY TWO TIMES that I have NEEDED IT!!!--the same (and for the same reason) for even getting anything more than AUDIO on my phone...I may get it back at SOME point today, maybe even during thisGAME--but since it is my DEAREST hope that we'll put this away before the Half, I'm resigned at least starting here with RUF/850am ONLY here...Apparently in our end-of-the-70s Orange-shirts-with-white-pants, a look that I have often said I despise for its memories ANYWAY, so at least I am spared THAT, for the time being...(getting the impression I am NOT in my most "positive-frame-of-mind", hmmm?)...
Good coverage to start on the KO--wtf was the Ragin' C-kid THINKING...OK, D: Let's flex our muscles here...
"Game Clock not functioning..." Let's hope out TEAM is...we don't seem to wake up until sometime after noon for these early games...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nuts--did anyone SEE the ball out? OK--Easley puts 'em back where they started...WHAT? They challenge the fumble and cancel the BIG SACK? They'll NEVER win this thing--'cause we never DO, not on a reversal of the call on-the-field...back to my Q: WAS it a fumble?--not that it'll make any diff here, you watch...Hmmm, longer it takes, the better for us, maybe finding the "spot"? Announcers say it's out and a fumble...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
PERFECT time for a shot at the endzone--and of COURSE we avoid it...I HATE IT.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Flag to take us out of range...Holding. Here we go. I just can't STAND watching this: Now EVERYONE knows the pass is coming...4 yard pass..and it's 3rd and long. We are already making this opponent look better than they are!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Here comes a FG-attempt...I'm sorry, but this is sad...what's with our receivers? When Driskel has that much time before finally pulling it down and running, against the 114th pass defense in the country you expect our WRs to come back and give him a 1st-down target...Now the announcers are saying the same thing, that they DIDN'T do much ("lethargic downfield" is how ALL their efforts were described--remember, I'm doing this without video, just the described game play, and I can tell they weren't helping!).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The holding call KILLED us, of course, but a strike to the endzone to START avoids ALL of that...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Man, this is even more of a grind WITHOUT pictures than WITH--even with us shutting them down. Hey, remember when we had an exciting return-team, at least? Now, you just hope they catch it...
Here we go: quick throw fora decent little gain for Hines...now to Burton the same sort-of-deal...8 yds on the bubble screen...Now Dunbar for a couple...Right idea, even if chippy...What? "Substitution"-flag?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
2nd and long now: Missed the wide-open Hammond.. Even if Hammond had a shot, he was wide open and WAY behind him--but makes up for it on the roll-out run for a bunch...1st down!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Matt Jones just doesn't seem to have "it", yua know? We could TELL Gilly had "it" the last few years, even if underused...but Jones never does ANYTHING with it... and Driskel mis-throws AGAIN...now he just gets it away, and its punting time...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm tellin' ya: It's a mark of how inept our passing game really is that we haven't been able to burn them yet with the number of blitzes they've risked against us so far. Just pick up that one extra guy for a second or so longer, and PROVIDED Driskel can calmly step into a throw to, say Hines or one of our other more sure-handed guys...
Well, never mind, 'cause we justr let 'em get a long throw completed deep into our end...THIS is shaping up into a typical 2012 Gator early-choke/"Oh-we'll-fix-it-later"-type game...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
4th and long at our 32...long FG try: Good...ties it on the kid's career near-longest...What did we expect? That they'd just come in here and lay down "for the mighty Gators"? We are going to get EVERY team's best, and if we can't put a better product on offense out there at home IN THE SWAMP, we'll end up being LUCKY to settle up 10-and-2--and no guarantee of THAT!
(PS Neiron Ball is out-for-game, ANOTHER starter on defense is lost, for now and for-the-foreseeable...considering our offense, losing strength on Defense is really bad news...)
Dunbar drops a long, beautiful pass...would have been NICE, finally...but no, he was stumbling as he stretched for it and couldn't hang on...GEEZ, I'm SICK of SOMETHING always going wrong!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Will we EVER get one of those completed this season...Meanwhile, we come up a couple of yards short...Big deal--55 yarder only NETS 30 yds. ANYONE ELSE ALREADY SICK OF THIS "REPLAY"?
I figure our next TD will be on defense--and ya know what? That won't particularly excite me...I'm waiting for us to FINALLY break through on offense, preferably in our passing game of course (Gators stop 'em on 4th down--but I really am only half-listening)...this is just sickeningly BORING, with the 1st quarter coming to an end...
Someone set the alarm to go off anytime soon? Hey, Gators--you're missing Warm-Ups!!!
I mean, what do these guys think they are playing at out there? This is getting to be a bad joke. One more piece-of-sh*t performance, say 17-6 and the same old "Well, we put it on our defense against a VERY talented SunBelt Conference Team..." from Muschamp again--and here's a False-Start drive-killer to start the 2nd quarter, from a WR, of COURSE!!! These guys are just LOSERS--and Driskel overthrows the receiver--and holding, and WE SUCK!!! I can hardly LISTEN to this MESS, let alone watch it...Hey, the Ragin' Cajuns aren't even gonna accept the penalty: they KNOW we're a bunch of spineless bumblers who will go off tackle then punt...Man, I am starting to be DISGUSTED with our offense. I don't know what else to say about it. In fact, unless we do something out-of-character on THIS PLAY, I'm gone for a while...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK. You don't get rid of me YET--Dunbar hangs onto tough one from Driskel for a 1st down. Bad snap. Just in case we thought for a moment that things might start to change. GEEZ!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
They are playing decent defense against our sh*tty O--I have nothing more to say for a while.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Glad I'm not WATCHING this debacle in their crap-orange shirts...those are ALWAYS bad news, I'm TELLING you!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
For the first time this year, I am also glad NOT to be in the Swamp for this one: even if/when we win (and we BETTER), it won't be some great "comeback triumph" but rather a small, bare relief...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema