• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

GameDay: LA Lafayette vs UF @ The Swamp Sat.Nov.10

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
9 and 1 at this point is just surreal.
Another thing that is "surreal":
That "block-and-scoop", Purifoy-to-Jenkins Kill-the-Cajuns play is now the #1 "Play of the Week" on the College GameDay highlights...Of course, had that and the previous tying-drive not occurred, we'd have been one of the "Big Boner Stories"--not just of the day, but of the YEAR, and have been GLAD of Alabama's loss at least keeping it somewhat drowned out nationally...As it is, we are merely the "Gators Dodge a BIG BULLET with an Amazing Finish"-story instead--and get to keep our high-ranking even after playing a mostly putrid more-than-3/4 of that game--at HOMECOMING, against a SUNBELT TEAM!--and if we can somehow pull it together and play the kind of game NEXT weekend that we SHOULD have played today, it'll be mostly forgotten, and the same folks'll be hyping "the Big Matchup in DOAK" the week after that...I mean, that IS the theme from "Twilight Zone" playing in the background over all of this, right?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Let's hear it for Louchiez Purifoy of Pensacola, Florida! (Looking for something positive here now that I am sober.)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Let's hear it for Louchiez Purifoy of Pensacola, Florida! (Looking for something positive here now that I am sober.)
Here's another "ray of light": There are now SOME voting-members-of-the-"Human Polls" who , some privately, some publicly, are saying that it will now be "UF vs Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl", should both now win out and yet are shut out from their "more natural roads-to-the-BCS" by the strange circumstances arising out of 'Bama's loss to A&M...Of course, like so much ELSE in this "season-of-absurdities", that does depend on us "winning out" from here, regardless, for such a (still minority-viewed) eventuality to have any chance of occurring in the first place.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
And Dru,

I do 100% of my forum"ing" on Tapatalk. I never even touch computers these days with phones the way they are. I have the Galaxy SIII, so I'm always on it over a laptop.

Tapatalks really not bad just sucks cuz for some reason GE doesn't have option to "like" on Tapatalk, I have to open page in a browser to like something. Wierd thing is my other forums have that feature on Tapatalk...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
InkedAdrenaline How do you like that SIII? I will be thinking new smartphone in the months ahead, and tho' I had a bad experience 5 years ago with an early Samsung "smart" touchscreen (that mimicked but didn't come CLOSE to truly matching the iPhone of that time, but my carrier didn't CARRY the Apple then), everything I am seeing in my research about what to get next appears to put that "SIII" in the lead right now...Ultimately, I want to consolidate EVERYTHING if I can, but I have pretty advanced needs as far as mobile computing goes--so the choice may come down to going 100% phone, like you, or waiting a little longer before trading out my 1st gen. HTC "EVO" (whose features I love, but which lets me down--always HAS--as far as battery fade and thickness/heaviness), and in the meantime buying an Apple iPad "Mini" right away...
Now, regarding Notre Dame, the Fiesta, etc....

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
If Notre Dame wins out they will go to the National championship game. It's ND, they will rig the poles somehow to get them there....
I do HATE Notre Dame--and part of the reason is EXACTLY what you are referring to, that "fix" that is always poised to cut in...However, this is a weird year, and there are a couple of different scenarios which might put the Irish in the Fiesta after all, no matter WHAT they do. First is the one we are talking about here, where they win out but fail to pass an unbeaten KSU or Oregon who, as Kelly himself pointed out, has been just outside the "Plus One" for a couple of seasons now...if they (Oregon) are #2 to KSU's #1 at the end, Notre Dame will be (surprisingly) shut out of it...If Notre Dame LOSES one game after all, though, THEN "the fix" may well cut in and put them in the Fiesta ANYWAY--where "travels well" and "a good, high-profile 1-loss SEC-opponent", namely US, would then offer additional rationales for their (in truth probably suspicious, "what-else-is-new?") choice.
Main deal, for us, once again though is to WIN OUT--and if there's ANYTHING we ought to have learned this PAST week it is to LISTEN TO OUR COACHES and take JU seriously: maybe even take "ONE GAME AT A TIME" to heart for REAL, from now on...

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
The S3 is best phone on the market right now. I came from a iphone 4s and the s3 is by far superior in every way.

Now my s3 is superior to all because I have rooted, unlocked, and am running a custom Jelly Bean software which is newest android software out but hadn't technically been released yet. So those alone are going to make my s3 hard to put down for anything.

But even if you aren't into the rooting/jail breaking thing if I had to choose I'd pick s3 over ip5 any day. Just too many restrictions with Apple phones. But when I it comes to tablets ill take an iPad any day over android lol.

As for ND, I'm telling you the poles will be fixed and they will be in the NC game if they remain undefeated. And I too hate ND because of that as well.

I'm hoping somehow ND and Kansas St lose and it's Oregon vs Bama/UGA

Escambia94

I also have the Galaxy S III. Best phone on the market today.

I had the free version of a Tapatalk alternative, and it was terrible. On that thing, I could not like posts, nor could I read more than a couple lines of DRU2012 's posts.

I posted my bowl scenarios elsewhere, but here is a miniature version of that:
  • Historically, there have not been three undefeated teams worthy of the BCS selection committee to pick from for the national championship game. K-State, Oregon, or Notre Dame are going to lose at some point. Even if Notre Dame escapes unscathed, the rumor of the moment is that the SEC is not dead yet and a 1-loss SEC team would get the nod over Notre Dame due to strength of schedule and timing of loss. Alabama losing in November is the best time to lose, see LSU 2007.
  • If K-State and Oregon do go undefeated, then the SEC will not play for the national championship. If just one of them loses, expect the SEC champion to get the nod, especially if Oregon loses. Since the Little 12 does not have a conference championship game, the selectors will not pick them over a 1-loss SEC team over a 1-loss team from any other AQ.
Personally, I am beginning to believe that K-State and Oregon will win out. Texas and USC are not doing well enough consistently to knock off either of those teams. Notre Dame would have to blow out USC 555-3 in order to convince selectors to pick them over another undefeated and a 1-loss SEC.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
Oregon doesn't play those guys E-. If Oregon will lose it will be next week to Stamford and that's it. If they beat Stamford they win out. I have a feeling K St will lose to Texas... Just hoping ND loses to USC

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
InkedAdrenaline, Escambia94
(Well, ideally I guess I'd go for BOTH, S3 AND iPad mini, right now, if it WERE the best in BOTH cases...But I "should" wait for my contract to roll over in January before pulling the trigger on the phone...too many advantages to waiting/disadvantages to jumping early, which leaves the Q of whether to go for the "mini" before then: I'd just rather handle one myself AND have some other folks use them for awhile before actually going there. I tend to "resist" being "sold" by reviews and "buzz", though of course I have "early adopter" friends who I usually count on to leap for the newest THING--especially when it comes to Apple, and they are all talking about this newest "smaller & cheaper" iPad as THE ITEM that will replace all other tablets (though my OWN research tells me that a thinner, slicker version will follow on the heels of this "intro-level" one by Spring--the current about-to-be-released version then dropped to a HIGHLY competitive price, significantly lower than the current intro-price of $329...I'm interested in that "NEXT gen" version, myself, tho', so I'm finding that probably the "smartest move" is to wait on both a few months, but I may just grab the S3 now, just "because"--which I guess is why "something" has me real interested in it, reading reviews, asking owner/users and playing with THEIRS whenever possible...GREAT voice software, but it is in its internet-use that will make/break it for me...As for Tapatalk and "limited to just a couple of lines of DRU's posts": Is that a "plus" or a "minus"? :cool: Never mind answering THAT...)
On to the REALLY important stuff...Actually, though in most recent years when we've had but one loss at this late stage of the season I was as rabid in my listing and weighing of the various complexities and possible outcomes as ANYONE, I just have to throw my hands up on this year's version--and it ISN'T so much because it's all such a long shot, either. though I believe it IS (that hasn't stopped me, OR the Fates, in the past, after all)...
No, it's because of OUR weird vulnerability this time, the way our out-of-kilter, WAY-off-balance discrepancy between offense and defense may or may NOT be offset by that never-say-die "magic" and related "strange fate" that has kept us so-close-but-so-far in a year when "Undefeated" still looks like the only way, but "isn't over yet" either. "One game at a time" doesn't look to help us come the last game at Doak, but we HAVE generally "played up or down to" our competition this year, so who really knows for sure? The one thing I think we DO know is that "our own business" is the one thing we must take care of--and is the one thing I am completely baffled as to whether we'll DO.
I leave all that, then, to everyone else--at least until after "THAT game".

Escambia94

InkedAdrenaline: ¿Que? Oregon has three opportunities to lose: The Cardinal, the Beavers, and the no-defense title game. That is also three opportunities to work into the national title game without a defense.

K-State only has one test against Texas. Baylor might give them fits.

Notre Dame only has USC to leverage brownie points. The only thing working for them is human love for the Irish. They need both K-State and Oregon to lose, and the SEC CG to end up in a 3-2 fumble-fest.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
InkedAdrenaline: ¿Que? Oregon has three opportunities to lose: The Cardinal, the Beavers, and the no-defense title game. That is also three opportunities to work into the national title game without a defense.

K-State only has one test against Texas. Baylor might give them fits.

Notre Dame only has USC to leverage brownie points. The only thing working for them is human love for the Irish. They need both K-State and Oregon to lose, and the SEC CG to end up in a 3-2 fumble-fest.

Ya I agree with that statement, just don't think Oregon will lose. I know anyone can lose on any given day, but I feel like the ducks will win out. BUTTTTT for some reason I feel a gut feeling that ND and K St might lose, don't know why but I just have that feeling....

Escambia94

Ya I agree with that statement, just don't think Oregon will lose. I know anyone can lose on any given day, but I feel like the ducks will win out. BUTTTTT for some reason I feel a gut feeling that ND and K St might lose, don't know why but I just have that feeling....

Gotcha. I agree. I think USC will take care of ND, and K State will fall to Texas after being softened up by Baylor. Oregon has an easy path, and I think they will get to face Alabama or Georgia. Yeah. Think about that one. If Florida had not squandered the game against Georgia, we could be in the mix.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gotcha. I agree. I think USC will take care of ND, and K State will fall to Texas after being softened up by Baylor. Oregon has an easy path, and I think they will get to face Alabama or Georgia. Yeah. Think about that one. If Florida had not squandered the game against Georgia, we could be in the mix.
Oh PLEASE don't go there...I STILL think about that one in SPITE of myself every DAY...No sh*t, I swear just this morning alone as I stepped out of the shower I found myself grimacing suddenly at the stray thought that "DAMN!--IF ONLY...", tried to put it aside by thinking about how in quantum-terms, somewhere invisible/impossible to see but oh-so-close is that alternate universe, so MANY DIFFERENT ones where it turned out/IS turning out differently, and "MAN, I sure would have liked to see what might have happened had Reed NOT jumped thru' that non-gap , had just gone down there on the 4, given JD the chance to put it in and go for the 2-pts.--wouldn't THAT be the way it would have worked OUT for us, the way this season has OTHERWISE gone? If ONLY we'd HAD that chance, the magic was WITH us this year, we'd be #2 or even #1 now after the Tide-loss, either way within our own grasp as to our road to a TOTALLY unforeseen shot at a Nat'l Championship..." And remember, that's just ONE small thing at the end among MANY that might well have changed the outcome...All of that shot thru' my head in a matter of seconds...It will NOT be the last time, anymore than it was the first. Really, it is THIS that is fundamental, is at the very bottom of why I am so determined not to get bogged down in the various possibilities NOW. Yes, I am more than ever a proponent of the "one game at a time" mantra, above all else for practical reasons and lessons well-learned. In the end, though, it's all rationale: More than anything else, underlying it is that ache I don't want to feel, will do what I can to consciously avoid...all to no avail, it turns out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema