• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day Thread: Florida Gators vs. Ohio State Buckeyes 1/2/12

Who will win the 2012 Gator Bowl?

• Ohio State Buckeyes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don't care about that "2 TD margin" BS: This is our last game of the season, it sets the tome for 2012, you're ON the 6 INCH line and have a chance to begin to pull away, maybe even get 'em desperate and taking chances--in case they don't remember, THAT'S how you begin a BLOW OUT!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I mean, even if you BLOW it, you have 'em deep and a chance for a safety, etc. Just stupid, unimaginative, running scared even with the lead.
Now a facemask-call--should have been the 5-yarder kind, but these officials are like, from Columbus, I swear...

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Yeah. Miss the TD, so what? That is 99.5 yards that tOSU cannot march down the field, AND that swarming Gator defense will scare the piss out of that frosh QB until he screws up.

Escambia94

I mean, even if you BLOW it, you have 'em deep and a chance for a safety, etc. Just stupid, unimaginative, running scared even with the lead.
Now a facemask-call--should have been the 5-yarder kind, but these officials are like, from Columbus, I swear...

Nowadays in football there is no such thing as a 5-yard facemask...unless you facemask Tim Tebow in the NFL.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I still can't get over that FG-call--even our good D just makes me think of what could-have-been...you have GOT to change the ATTITUDE on offense...they think and PLAY like losers.
Here comes the block-in-the-back call--no, holding...we haven't had as MANY penalties this time, but they have been poorly timed when they've come...still, our D has overcome most of the rest of our failings as a team.
We've got a BUNCH of linemen coming in, some of the best in the country, recruiting-wise--including on the O-line...THAT could really make a difference, eventually.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nowadays in football there is no such thing as a 5-yard facemask...unless you facemask Tim Tebow in the NFL.
(laughing) No wonder I never see it! I swear, I THOUGHT there WAS a "non-intentional" version, like when your hand immediately releases it on accidental "catch".

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, we ARE starting to move the ball and burn some clock, right about when we NEED to. Again, tho': imagine what chunks they could be chewing up had they started wearing that opposing line down earlier, with our POWER backs (and we DO have some)...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...so instead, they run a little guy into the middle again, for no gain--of COURSE! Now they stall on the run-blitz (perfect time for a screen, by-the-way--and the only time they DON'T consider it), and we have to punt it.
(sigh) We should have this game well in hand; instead, it's gonna be down-to-the-wire unless the D can force them to make some mistakes.

Escambia94

Again. Gutless play calling. And where the <fill in the blank> are Gillislee and Joyer?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Our defense is tired; if they start throwing the ball with any accuracy, we're in trouble and can lose this thing STILL...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Again: Thank the Football Gods that THEIR QB is every bit as inept as ANY of ours.

Escambia94

By the way, that was former Gator commit Ryan Shazier that tossed Jeff Demps out of bounds.

Escambia94

The problem is that Action Braxton will be a scary QB under Urban Meyer, and he is a frosh. By the time that kid's junior year rolls around, tOSU might be competing for a B10 championship using a modified Utah-Florida offense.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, after all that's happened on punt-fielding late-in-the-season, we've finally learned the "art" of the "run away!"-play, as in, if you're back there and have to move at ALL to field it, DON'T: "Run away!" (Monty Python reference).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The problem is that Action Braxton will be a scary QB under Urban Meyer, and he is a frosh. By the time that kid's junior year rolls around, tOSU might be competing for a B10 championship using a modified Utah-Florida offense.
On the other hand (playing "Devil's Advocate", perhaps wishfully), I suspect that the Meyer-Spread has just about run its course-of-effectiveness...if you have speed on your defense, it can be beaten; I hope he DOES try to run it, though--it might work in the Big Slow Ten, but then they'll just get their traditional beat-down by an SEC-team in January.
Meanwhile, it LOOKS like we have this under control, but I STILL wish they'd tighten it up a little bit--Sh*t: that's what I MEAN!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
They're playing for the TD and the onsides kick, now--and we are LETTING them have it!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema