• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day Thread: Florida Gators vs. Ohio State Buckeyes 1/2/12

Who will win the 2012 Gator Bowl?

• Ohio State Buckeyes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

awebbf5

VIP Member
lol I know... I don't know where he is getting this opinion about Driskel.....last game I saw Driskel play he was in the fetal position the entire game
neither looked good,but brissett is a fat lazy wanna be cam newton to me, never saw nothing from him, but driskell in the auburn game showed more of a qb that could at least lead us.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Bad time for a shank by our (supposedly) "potential All American punter"...(sigh) Actually, our special teams have been a strength this year, generally; but this is par for the course with this Gator team: a short field for the opposition top tie us before the half...and our offense not staying on the field is starting to wear down our D, especially up front. We are gonna get whipped at the point-of-attack in the 2nd half, as usual...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Damn! Let 'em off the hook...now they WILL get some points, likely...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
What made you ask that? What did I miss?
Getting back to that side-comment by IA: I have to ask the same Q as E-, "Did I miss something?" I mean, I THINK he was banged up, and that's why they haven't played him , maybe--or maybe it's just more unimaginative foolishness by an over-matched White (BIG SACK!!!)...anyway, if it's him not PLAYING that made you say that, I think there are other possible explanations; BUT: if you've heard something, share it, 'cause THAT would be a loss for us.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
They get the FG anyway, as I feared...another run back? Yes! Oh, almost...Debose is our next speed-guy/playmaker in the Rainey-as-receiever/slotback role.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Don't look now, but did we even get ONE 1st-down on offense in the 2nd qrtr? Nope (the announcers just answered my question). As I said early on, this is a TYPICAL performance from Gators/2011-edition: good defense and special teams, but practically NOTHING from the offense--and getting WORSE as the game goes on.
Weis has GOT to be the most over-rated "offensive mind" in college football...and White should be ASHAMED of himself for not even BOTHERING to improve on it--I guess he didn't WANT the OC-job; he sure as hell is showing NOTHING to deserve it--yes, the O-line is hurting, AGAIN--but that's when you get creative, maybe add something new instead of bubble screens and running little speed-backs into the middle. Brantley is actually having a sharp day--his only two incompletes have come when the line allowed him to be hit while throwing. What a waste...

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
lol sorry I can be random at times. But looking through out the draft he would prob be a high ranked tightend, that's what made me wonder if he is staying or declaring...

To be honest, he does not fit any mold as QB, WR, or TE. He was not highly touted out of high school except as an ATH. His best bet is to stick with UF and make a name for himself as an ATH-turned-TE.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
And dru, this is def not gonna be the 41-14 blow out like last time...

I hope nobody here was crazy enough to predict a blowout by either team. That last time, the Gators had some stars that helped us blowout tOSU. This year, we do not have those stars except on defense. Our defense will have to win us a low-scoring game.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I mean it: White has NO REASON to squawk when he gets passed over for OC--he has done NOTHING to make Coach Boom have to "stop and think about it". Is he "upstairs", too? THAT was a bad idea, to start with...we've got a young team, the OC that sat on the bench overseeing ALL like some Fast Food Budha is gone, and these kids needed a PRESENCE there among them, not an empty vacuum on the field.
I don't know. This next hire will make or break us as far as the next 2 or 3 years go; hope Muschamp sees and understands that. "Coach: Get a brash young innovator--someone who you like, can work with and count on to be just as obsessed with building a great offense as you are with creating the ultimate defense"!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema