• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day Thread: Florida Gators vs. Ohio State Buckeyes 1/2/12

Who will win the 2012 Gator Bowl?

• Ohio State Buckeyes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Taxslayer.com Gator Bowl
1:00 PM, Everbank Field, Jacksonville, Florida. The Florida Gators and the Ohio State Buckeyes both converge with identical 6-6 records in a contest of teams with 23 and 22 years of consecutive winning seasons on the line. Florida is favored by 2 with a line of 44.

Players to watch:
Ohio State
QB #5 Braxton Miller, 6-3, 210, 67-134, 997 YDS, 11 TD, 4 INT, 133.6 RAT, 144 ATT, 695 YDS, 7 TD
RB #1 Dan Herron, 5-10, 205, 123 ATT, 596 YDS, 4.8 YPA, 3 TD
WR #15 Devin Smith, 6-3, 190, 12 REC, 247 YDS, 4 TD
WR #10 Corey Brown, 5-11, 182, 14 REC, 205 YDS, 1 TD

Florida
QB #12 John Brantley, 6-3, 219, 132-224, 1912 YDS, 10 TD, 6 INT, 140 RAT
RB #1 Chris Rainey, 5-9, 174, 15 ATT, 790 YDS, 5.1 YPA, 2 TD, 28 REC, 350 YDS, 2 TD
RB #28 Jeff Demps, 5-7, 191, 91 ATT, 539 YDS, 5.9 YPA, 6 TD, 15 REC, 165 YDS, 0 TD
WR #4 Andre Debose, 5-11, 191, 15 REC, 423 YDS, 4 TD, 17 Kick RET 367 YDS

Be sure to post a prediction before discussing the game here.

Escambia94

I know it is hard to be optimistic about this year, but this is the last game of the season for the mighty Gators. Let's cheer them on. Go Gators!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
BS call from right the start here. Do these officials not understand the rule? The ball sat on the ground for SECONDS after the whistle blew, right in front of Brantley, who DIDN'T take it 'cause the whistle blew.
Now, here come the stupid Gator penalties. I don't know if I can watch this, folks.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This could turn out to be EXACTLY the mess offensively everyone is expecting...even when we had something going, we broke down at the 26 and gave the officials a chance to rob us...I still can't get over those idiots in the replay booth.
Is anyone else watching this? It looks just like all our other losses this year: The offense looks OK early in between the 20s, but doesn't really accomplish anything; our "D" can do what it wants--but is susceptible to the big dumb penalty.
Our little backs don't do much going into the line--this is the same old dumb offense that Weis ran--and there it is: the stupid delay-of-game penalty (that's on Brantley). God, we SUCK!

Escambia94

I do not understand how tOSU gets away with NCAA violations, and gets the calls their way in games.

Escambia94

I am happy that they are trying some power I, not Demps and Rainey in the backfield at the same time.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We were about to get ANOTHER delay-call! Had to call that TO. Well, White won't be the OC, I can tell you THAT...
Some new names being thrown out there--not just Schottenheimer, but Novell (Boise St.?) and the OC from Oklahoma.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Know what? I'm GLAD we won't have EITHER of these little guys back there anymore. And what's with White, anyway? One month and all he can manage is a warmed over version of Weis' crappy, unimaginative offense?!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gators down all over the field. Brantley's arm hit, no protection AGAIN...Already hurting O-line now will lose Nixon, too, looks like. 'Bout to become a fiasco, my friends--no thanks to fate OR our "interim OC".

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema