• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day (11/15/14): 'Cocks in The Swamp

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
For crying out loud, just make a deep catch.
Florida-Gators-Florida-Football-The-Swamp-South-Carolina-Gamecocks-Super-Gallery-Florida-Gators-Wide-Receiver-Demarcus-Robinson-Leap-Miss.jpg

Last edited:

Escambia94

B2gQJD4CYAIVIQ9.png

That looks like a catch to me. Elbow hits the ground inbounds while feet are in the air.

Escambia94

I guess the ball moved once the elbow hit the ground. Oh well.
Nice try, Quinton Dunbar.
Quinton+Dunbar+LSU+v+Florida+vci73SOVvvwl.jpg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, no great insight required to see we are at that proverbial "tipping point" here in this game--BEAUTIFUL catch by Dunbar, but outta bounds, I think...we'll see Treon and Co. hook-UP on those more often as time goes on...let's see the replay...ooooh, look at the left elbow there!--Back at that "tipping point" ("ruling on the field" will hold here), team that can do something BIG on offense now, or conversely BLOWS it on offense, that'll prob decide this one.
May well be "tipping point" for Muschamp and his staff, too. Might wanna consider that next time it's 3rd or 4th-and-short. Might wanna "consider that", PERIOD.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(@Escambia94, re that prob-"catch-but": Great minds think alike, and all that. I find that interesting--and hopefully, entertaining too--the way we think differently, approach same problems in different ways, but eventually arrive at similar place.)

Escambia94

Meanwhile, the Minnesota head coach is eating ice cream in the middle of a game being played in a snow storm.
B2gSgS8CMAATWJc.jpg:large

Last edited:

Escambia94

Great. Max Garcia shaken up.
max-garcia-ncaa-football-georgia-florida-850x560.jpg

Fun fact: Garcia started off his college football career at Maryland in 2011.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That is because you are dead set on a midseason firing. I will bet you money that unless there are fights in fraternity houses or DUIs or Jameis Winston-like behavior, Jeremy Foley will not fire any coach before 1 December.

Rooting against your Gators will not change anything. I hate to say that, but I cannot and will not root against the Gators. Ever. I can disagree with the coach, because he is a paid employee of the University Athletic Association. I cannot hate or root against kids who really were put in a bad position by a not-so-good coach. Maybe average coach.
Actually, though I am not averse to a mid-season firing (mainly for the sake of recruiting, etc.), I neither expect one, nor fail to grasp the arguments against it. Even by MY reasoning, we could hurts ourselves at least as much as help--it'd be a gamble in its own right. And it requires basically writing OFF the rest of this one--and there're all KINDS of reasons THAT prob doesn't happen. Just the FINANCIAL ones alone are enough to rule it out in the real world--unless something really dramatic BAD were to happen/come to light. We got enough problems for me to "hope" for that kinda drama, so all in all, guess we are stuck 'til the end of this schedule; I just don't like seeing how it becomes an opportunity for a "smoke and mirrors" version of what's already happened to get turned into some campaign to "fix the image" when nothing in the substance of it all has changed.
As for actually "rooting against the Gators", well, as I have said many times, I can TALK about it, but in truth, when it's time to play, I'm a Gator. End of story.
...And they miss THEIR long FG-try. Tellin' y'all (as if everyone doesn't see it same as me): Some combination by one of these teams of "Hit a TD", then (when other team tries to force things to get back) D getting it back again on a pick or something like that is gonna win it here.
YIKES! That weird play was almost our full-on collapse! Treon will learn NOT to do that sorta thing. He4's just trying to do too MUCH on his own now. I understand why, obviously, but now Muischamp'll have him run it out here and punt, you watch.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
There! Nice pass, nice catch, good call and execution. 1st and 10.
(Btw, @Escambia94, losing Garcia again now would be IT--we were floundering on offense without him in there.)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
NICE RUN BY TREON! God, I like watching this kid play. We can TAKE this game now. If MusRoper doesn't run 3 straight directly into the middle...and that's what he/they were trying to do--but looks like they called it a TD...not sure if it is, but will they overrule it?) BTW...just saw that shot of the stands a coupla plays back, and Geez--I HEARD there were a LOT of no-shows, very little late-week walk-up biz, but to see TRHAT many empty seats there at THIS game, well--THAT'S what might move things in the right direction here, not just what that says but the MONEY factor: Not just about "ticket sales", but concessions, etc., everything bought and sold AROUND a major college program...BIG sales goin' on pre-Xmas on the campus Sports Shop site, and so on..
Big run by SC, BUT HE LOSES IT, at the end...and GATOR BALL! Now, THIS is what I was talking about. (Gee. With THIS kind of spot on call by me, maybe I should be out buyin' a late-day TEXAS MEGA LOTTERY ticket...)

Escambia94

Jabari Gorman with the strip gives the Gators the ball at the 42. Gators are now +5 in TO.
Florida-Gators-Florida-Football-The-Swamp-South-Carolina-Gamecocks-Super-Gallery-Florida-Gators-Defensive-Back-Jabari-Gorman-Breaks-Up-Pass.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema