• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida v. Georgia week!

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
did Meyer just say our offensive line is the strength of our team. He must not of been all there in the last 7 games. Maybe on paper they are but in reality they are one of if not the biggest disappointing of this year.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
wow nice pass Brantley. I still think where we sit today we need teams to beat themselves because we are incapable of beating them. We need a lot of help from teams we play. We can not out play a team at this point. If we can make it through this year like that I will be fine. I just hope they use the off season to create a offensive identity for them selves. Oh and make these guys drink some milk and take vitamins they seem to get hurt too much this year.

I think you have it right: even when facing teams with less talent, we need to have them "beat themselves".
As for NEXT year, I'm afraid it's worse than merely lacking an offensive identity--though we sure as hell need to find THAT. The whole approach, the very philosophy behind it must change. Urban needs to reread his own "Plan To Win". JB just doesn't fit that "Plan", never did, and they sure as shootin' didn't "adapt the offensive scheme" to accommodate his "pure passing skills" (I still don't know for sure whether that's because he never gets to show them, or he turns out not to really have 'em, not on any consistent, reliable basis--and we never will, in THIS offense). Next year we've got a "better fit" coming in Driskoll, along with Blakely, and there's STILL Mack Brown on the bench, waiting his "turn" (?--why we haven't seen more of him this year is another of those imponderables; I still don't buy the "He's not ready yet"-line--we NEED a power runner in the middle, more than EVER in THIS offense...the refusal to hardly use freshmen is not just hurting us now, though: it's going to slow down our rate of progress and improvement NEXT year compared to "what might have been", mark my words).
I guess I'm just letting loose with some of the things I do not comprehend about the coaching philosophy, from the top down, you know? We're ahead at the half in THIS game, but it's not because of the changes Urban made, such as they were. As you say, it's because the Bulldogs have turned it over to us. Npt in the bag, by any means. Anyway, here we go.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Oddly enough, the offensive line "holds up" when Burton or Reed are under center, or when Brantley is running the option. What Urban Meyer wanted to say is, "Our offensive line sucks in obvious passing plays because that is not how we recruited those blockers, so they tend to suck in the pro-style formation." Rainey and a healthy Demps are so fast, and Burton and Reed are so strong that the offensive line never had to block for more than 30 seconds.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We could use that dive play about half as much and not miss it, to say the least.

Escambia94

Pouncey. Learn to snap the ball! It's almost the end of the season. That bad snap worked by accident earlier, but this time it cost us a 1st down.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
See that? That WR was open and JB missed him. Now 4th down. Bad snap, nothing there, turn-it-over.
Way to turn a "drive" into an opportunity--for the other team!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Pouncey. Learn to snap the ball! It's almost the end of the season. That bad snap worked by accident earlier, but this time it cost us a 1st down.

Seriously, how does this continue to be a major issue? Do we really have no one else to play center?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, about time we get a turn-over handed to us if we want to continue to "control" this game.

Escambia94

Note: South Carolina looked pretty good against Tennessee. I'm okay with losing to SC since they are probably better than us right now, but Georgia is beating itself just as much as we are beating them. We have to win this one. JB needs to settle down and throw better. He should roll out. Or let the running QBs handle it.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Do you feel it? The game about to slip from our (none too firm) grasp...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I can't STAND watching us fade at the end AGAIN! We start bad and finish worse. So WHAT if we show "flashes of great play" in the middle? This team either pulls it together now or loses--and I'm sick of watching the latter for the 4th week in a row.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Another great "adjustment at the half" for an Urban Meyer-coached team. Heading to the 4th and a decent lead is melting away.
I'm sorry. Cynicism and sarcasm are all I've got left with which to entertain and protect myself.
Actually, it makes me ill. I hate this so much. Like slow death.
NOW they make a play, on the 2 pointer. Not like we'll kick a FG and make it significant; if we don't score at LEAST a TD, we will lose this game.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, I sure called that one--WRONG! Still think it'll take a Gator TD to win this thing, tho'.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Somebody say something. I KNOW it hurts--but we ALL saw this coming, didn't we? Didn't we???
Urban's clapping on the sideline, like we got 'em right where we want 'em, boys!
Yeah, this is where you throw that "special play" you planned for the last 2 weeks at 'em, right?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm sorry to whine, everybody, but I saw this coming from the half on--just like MSU when I saw THAT ending coming from WAY off--and I'm TIRED of this crap! I DON'T WANT TO BE RIGHT!
Prove me wrong, just this once, Gators! Reverse this terrible trend! Win this damn game!
Burton Does It! Fuckin' Eh I Love That Guy!!!

Escambia94

Once again. The Gators offense just does not fire with JB at QB. It does well with Burton and Reed, or with JB running an actual option.

Defense has fallen asleep. They are killing us.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema