• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida v. Georgia week!

Swampman

VIP Member
Let's go people! We can still win the SEC East ... and it all get's going this week against Georgia. The Bulldogs have won 3 in a row (scoring 40+ in each win), while we have lost 3 in a row. All we have to do is beat Georgia, Vanderbilt and South Carolina.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
We can do it! Same score prediction as always from me. 3-2, Gators. Field goal from the newly healthy (maybe) Sturgis and a safety due to Pouncey sending one through the endzone.

The Zooker

VIP Member
I am fully confident that the Gators will win this one. If Meyer is back to micromanaging then you can expect an entirely different team.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh. I thought y'all were being humorous/sarcastic/ironic...good way of dealing with frustration/disappointment/fear, sort of like "whistling past the graveyard".
Of course, I WANT to believe, but at this point, the signs all point to more of the same, "the past as prologue"--as we've discussed ad nauseum, it really is a "put up or shut up" point in the season for Urban Meyer and his coaching staff. It's not just about getting a win (though God knows we need one!), it's about change, and using the players we've got to their best advantage. Do the latter and the former will follow--and we'll ALL be able to begin feeling more hopeful about the future.

Escambia94

Both teams will play hunger because either team wants to lose yet another game.

Hunger doesn't win games. Execution does. As of today, three days before the game, I have not seen enough from the Coach and the players to feed my confidence. Bringing Rainey back? He was not producing before the suspension! Our only healthy running back is Mooooody? WTF was wrong with his hands before the injury where he dropped every swing pass or screen? Deonte Thompson is not listed as injured, but his hands appear to be broken. Pouncey? Brantley? Demps? Urban Meyer's answer for all this is "practice better"??? Isn't this one of the things that football players DO to earn their status as BMOC? Practice hard don't get get caught taking cash from agents. It's not that hard, guys! I can think of, oh, 88 offenses that can do that better than us today.

I digress. I am trying to be positive here. The Gators will win because they are hungry for a win. They cannot possibly lose four in a row, right? Guys? Gals? Anybody?

Leakfan12

VIP Member
For the Defense, hunger does win games especially with crappy Offenses. It will happen which D makes the most stops or big plays.

Escambia94

You see, the Dive Play is a lot like rocket science, and no freshman can comprehend it. That is why we see Mack Brown sitting on the bench when we have no other RBs available.

It does not help that he is way undersized to be running up the gut. Oh, wait. So are Demps, Rainey, and Gillislee. Never mind.

The Zooker

VIP Member
You see, the Dive Play is a lot like rocket science, and no freshman can comprehend it. That is why we see Mack Brown sitting on the bench when we have no other RBs available.

It does not help that he is way undersized to be running up the gut. Oh, wait. So are Demps, Rainey, and Gillislee. Never mind.

Yeah, the Mack thing is annoying. Since Meyer can never be honest with the media we have no idea why he isn't playing. I don't buy Meyer's excuse about him needing time to learn the playbook. If opposing defenses can learn our entire offense after five minutes of film then I'm pretty sure this kid can learn it after months of practice.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@ Escambia94:
All things that NEED to be said, all true. I see it too--and we're far from alone.
"The Emperor has no clothes!"

Oh, regarding this question (posed in various forms by so many of us , the calls mounting week by week, the latest from GainesvillebornNraised), "Is there a law against playing freshman?", the answer is either "Yes.", or "There might as well be!". That's more of an answer than you will ever get from Urban Meyer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema