• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread: Week 7, #7 Florida Gators 28, #5 LSU 42 9/12/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
WOW. SC just beat UGA.
Yup... But the thing is, I have witnessed nothing but sloppy football everywhere I looked, every game I watched today.
OUR game is still more'n 2hrs from kicking off--and by now I've very little feel for what's in store.
Thinking I will just hzmaveto takeit however it comes...
Just foubd out I have to go and set up a live shoot at ACL--a FULL TWO HOURS EARLIER than originally was agreed (apparently all our pre-pmanning and advanced setting up was entirely for naught. (As I recall, didn't I go thru sonzmething like this for the LSU game LAST YEAR ??? It WAS the week before UGA, that much I'm pretty sure I DO recall... Again, will be trying to monitor most of game on my phone (or maybe a stashed-to-the-side-of-stage LAPTOP...But it WON'T be my tablet this time : That got screen-mashed-to-spider-webs this morn thanx to combo of my foolishly leaving exposef for a clumsy roady to knock/slide to the floor then steo direxmctly on all in one fateful motion, seen/heard/witnessed by me--he immed copped to it, so I WASN'T an uptight prick about it. But now, more'n'more, whole GIG IMisgetting to be s big pain in the butt for me. Sigh.
So I am HAVING to more and more take a laissez-faire attitude towardsthis one--which may in fact be just smaswell over all. Don't get me wrong : I want this one BAD--but I really have no idea how we stack up going into it today...We are NOT anything NEAR the full-on balanced Future Championship-Caliber TEAM we are on our WAY to becoming--Think "on target for 2021, "ahead-of-schedule for 2020"--but win today, catch fire and make it to the SEC Championship Game and who knows ??? Thid COULD turn into znd out to BE one of thosr flukey "Magic Moments"...
NOT counting on THAT though ; in fact, will just take 'em "one at a time" the rest of the way... That sound about right ?
So ANY kind of win today I will celebrate but NOT take too deeply, seriously nor meaningfully as far as what it says about now OR the future.
Be advised then that I'll be pretty restricted in my monitoring of the action and hence my participation in the commentary today, my Gator Brothers...I hope that at the very least I will have time and cause to celebrate a barely anticipated win later on this evening with all of you.
Eat 'em UP, Gators !!!
(Leaving for Zilker Park momentarily, dressing now for a relative chill forcast down that way later of low 60's/maybe even high-50s forcast--but maybe not at the focusof that crowd)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sure hope you are right, compadre.
Me, just riding shuttle from Barton Creek Mall over to Zilker—still gotta hike over to the Samsung stage and get to work...Like I said, I’ll have a laptop tucked away back-of-stage streaming the ESPN+ feed, so I’ll catch SOME of the game—just not sure exactly when or how much...will try and maybe add my two cents at the half? Anyway, LUCK to us!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Georgia lost. FSU is getting boat raced. Even if Florida loses, there is hope. I still think Florida wins a close one.
Well, two ways of looking at it: “Lose and still a chance” prob the more realistic, “lookin’ for a decent season with a team still well short of what it WILL be...”; OR
the way I TEND to look at it, sort of philosophically “ALL OR NOTHING”: Win THIS one and it all remains in front of us in what is more and more a ridiculously “MAGIC SEASON”, long as it lasts...(and at midnight, we ALL turn into pumpkins!).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
All set up here...I don’t know what their big worry was—but we are here and READY TO ROLL, as they say.
Meanwhile, just saw those SC at UGA highlights—and seemed like ‘Cocks did EVERYTHING POSSIBLE NOT TO WIN THAT ONE...but UGA wanted it LESS. Geez, ANYTHING’s possible I guess.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Btw—I hear that we have NEVER beat top ten teams in consecutive weeks, as we have a chance to do here in this one today... THAT is hard to believe.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Btw—I hear that we have NEVER beat top ten teams in consecutive weeks, as we have a chance to do here in this one today... THAT is hard to believe.
Yeah I thought that was a error when I heard that, but no better time than tonight!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Guy just yelled at me from front of crowd—“Gators SCORE!!!”
Did they??? I AM wearing my black airbrushed Gator-at-night T-shirt, so they know where my interests and loyalties lie...lemme check...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This will be slow and awkward going—I do have a job to do here, after all...but I am getting as much done NOW as possible; Maybe I’ll be able to see more of the 2nd half... I hear that Greenard is dinged, hardly playing. Damn—that could make the diff right there. If we lose by one pass-for-score, that’ll be why.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
716BE6EE-C968-4F3C-A068-3CDF62915AA4.jpeg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So we played em even thru one.
Ya know, this LSU squad hasn’t scared or beaten out guys; we just took them AND their crowd’s best shot. I have hardly seen any of it live (JUST WATCHED THE GATOR TD), but my overall impression is that we match up about even with them...if they came to our house we’d kick their butts!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gators in crowd are huddled around a phone I guess, just gave a big groan...Score? No, PI in endzone, damnit.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Damnit! First play I get to see and it gets knocked out of being a TD!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
You notice who just threw a BULLET: Jones. Now he gets the 1st down running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema