• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread, Week 6: #22 Florida Gators 27 vs #5 LSU Tigers 19, October 6, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Lets get OUT of here with the win, guys.
Whats this guy saying??? "He shoulda stepped out at the 3"??!!! That is NUTS.
OH OH. Facemask.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gotta like our chances now. But keep it up, boys. Keep pressing now. Don't let UP.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
THEY JUST GOTTA MAKE IT TOUGH ON US. AND THEMSELVES. OUTTA FIME OUTS RIGHT?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
GEEZ. This is a white knuckler at the end...gotta gotta gotta stop em.
4th down. Here it is.
My heart is pumping DOUBLE time. Just knock it down, boys.
Intercepted! GATOR WIN!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
KNOW WHAT, BOYS? WE ARE NOT BAD.
IF THIS offense EVER DOES FULLY COME AROUND (Franks 12 for 27), we might even play in a "New Years Day-ish", "ALSOran Bowl" at the end of THIS season.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Code:
LSU FLA
1st Downs    20    20
3rd down efficiency    4-17    4-13
4th down efficiency    1-2    0-0
Total Yards    371    389
Passing    191    176
Comp-Att    19-34    13-28
Yards per pass    5.6    6.3
Interceptions thrown    2    1
Rushing    180    213
Rushing Attempts    41    42
Yards per rush    4.4    5.1
Penalties    8-78    11-116
Turnovers    3    1
Fumbles lost    1    0
Possession    30:29    29:11

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I am just GRINNING WIDELY here. Haven't felt so good about our PROGRAM in, well, now that I consider it: Since BEFORE the 2nd half of the Alabama SEC Championship Game loss Tebow's senior year (you'll recall that all the sins about to be revealed and begin to betray us, bring us down so long and far over the ensuing TEN YEARS til now , had begun to leak, (eventually BURST) through during the week leading UP to that one in Atlanta.
Still a long, rough road ahead, lots of work to do, lots of new faces to meet and see fitted into what is SURELY A PLANNED PUZZLE PATTERN from Mullens, Grantham, that whole STAFF, bottom to top!
Don't look now though, but along with tougher competition still: (whisper it) "They'll be TALKING about us again now". The fans will go overboard. Which is FINE--long as our PLAYERS don't. Somehow I think our Coach'll be WAY out in front of THAT...
Way to GO, Gators, Well done all--But Big Golden GAME Ball(s) to D (Lol)!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Code:
LSU FLA
1st Downs    20    20
3rd down efficiency    4-17    4-13
4th down efficiency    1-2    0-0
Total Yards    371    389
Passing    191    176
Comp-Att    19-34    13-28
Yards per pass    5.6    6.3
Rushing    180    213
Rushing Attempts    41    42
Yards per rush    4.4    5.1
Penalties    8-78    11-116
Turnovers    3    1
Fumbles lost    1    0
Possession    30:29    29:11
Thanks, E--: Yep , it was that "CLOSE"; Difference was turnovers, Coaching, and heart, I think.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Like I said this is fun again :tup:

Dan is bringing intensity back to the swamp. Hope we dont lay a egg against vandy.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Like I said this is fun again :tup:

Dan is bringing intensity back to the swamp. Hope we dont lay a egg against vandy.
I'm more worried bout UGA and The Cocktail Party. Not quite sure what to make of either them OR us at this point.
We know, can SEE what such a thoroughly and thoughtfully built program might LOOK LIKE and function at a certain point, thanks to Nick Saban and HIS team's actual specific example. Ours, EACH will look different on its way to CLOSING IN ON THAT STANDARD, as each envisions it--but ALL will require similar dedication and relentless committment. THAT'S the difference between the Tide and EVERYONE ELSE right now: Never mind all that silly drivel Franklin was spinning to cover his own blundering butt the other night post-Ohio State...They WEREN'T/AREN'T in that category, and neither were/are their opponents, then or now. You can rank everyone else in relative terms like "good", "really good" and maybe even "BETTER STILL"-- But only ONE has truly striven for "alone-at-the-TOP" EXCELLENCE--and seems truly capable, and in the process of REACHING IT NOW.
That's ONE big difference I see between Saban and Mullens already: Serious and TOTAL as this business of becoming "Champions" clearly must be, there seems no ROOM for "FUN" or "JOY" in Saban's World...In Mullens' Universe, there's no getting there WITHOUT IT...or maybe just little or no point, way he sees it. Anyway, in long run, sounds n looks more promising.
In the meantime, NOW'S still the time of uncertainty and surprise... We won't be rolling over people too often...and THAT will in TURN be enjoyable as we grow into that role, begin to come back and confidently squash teams we struggled against the year before, while everyone tells us how GOOD we are... But I wonder how often I'll feel as giddy, relieved and proud as I felt earlier this eve...Just saying.
So we WON'T be winning any Championships this season; but whatever we DO achieve will be done with "toughness", and "heart", and "pride" for its OWN sake. I for one wanna try and remember to see, note and enjoy every BIT of that. They're the pure signposts marking our path towards "GREATNESS". NO blathering Coach will have to define the terms of our ascension, as we truly achieve it. We don't have or NEED that kind of Coach, either. WE now have one that actually GETS us there, instead. But the "FUN part" is NOW--So don't forget to ENJOY it all, the ups AND downs, trials and tribulations. "RIDE THE RIDE!": Once we get there, we are precarious targets once more, balanced on the pinnacle/point of perfection for everyone ELSE to knock down. There is only "DOWN" from there--and our hunkered-down pride in defending it. Oh, we WILL be there. But the "fun part" is the journey.
And in case y'all haven't noticed, it has STARTED: The journey is NOW.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@awebbf5,
We had Chauncey back in calling defensive signals and sets at the end, making plays--and though Joseph finally STAYED OUT after getting knocked "down n out" AGAIN near the end of this game, before that he kept coming back in again and again after taking enormous, awkward hits throughout the 2nd half--and I have a feeling he'll be back for the Cocktail Party too, latest...So our D should be pretty staunch and back on track in the weeks ahead--and I believe Mullens will have Franks back, learning, growing and generally operating at peak efficiency once more in the weeks ahead. I believe the GOAL is CLEARLY to have all squads, O, D and Special Teams flexibly maximizing their strengths in an efficient, promising manner close to their peak proficiencies by their final game-opportunities this year. All of US are only NOW getting some glimpses of what Mullens and Co. have long since come to recognize as what those "peak potentials" might really, ultimately BE. What they don't GOT, they aim to GET--fit, condition, train and MOLD into single, smooth-functioning units. Again: after these last coupla weeks, after TONIGHT you can see, FEEL how good we are on the way to becoming, in time. And not so very MUCH "TIME" either. Next year? Maybe the one after? Depends on how you define our goals, whether "coming out on top at the end" or "utter dominance" is the aim.
Make no mistake, though: MULLENS' goals are more, much more the latter. And everything that entails. Way I see it, we've never had an undefeated season--so that is FIRST on our "things to achieve". But hardly an end-all. Before he is done here, he intends to have returned us not just to COMPETING for Championships, but to be there every year, FOR years, setting a new dynastic standard.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
One thing we WILL learn against Vandy is how we'll stack UP against UGA in Jacksonville when we get them there: They played Georgia pretty close into the 2nd half today--then eventually got worn down. So conditioning, toughness, and some creative moves in our offensive game plan should get it done.
But then again: who KNOWS in the SEC? Benny Snell takes a sack in their overtime opportunity (you DON'T PUT THE GAME on the ARM of your RB, Mr Stoops), then your kicker bonks it off the crossbar on a now-43-yarder (shoulda been a less-than-35-yarder that woulda/coulda/shoulda been good) for the win in overtime--so they lose to a team they had BEAT.
YOU KNOW, RIGHT THERE--there's the diff between 2 "pretty good" Coaches, one against the others in this game, and a true WINNER, like Saban, or (as will be seen and recognized eventually) OUR Coach Mullens, who BOTH consider the Total Picture and strive for perfection in every match-up. You don't PUT your players in situations that they aren't especially LIKELY to succeed in. You find another way. I'm afraid that'll bring UK back to earth...a shame, since our only loss.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
And (lol) Will Muschamp still angrily swearing at his own fans. Cursing them out roundly for leaving with the continued downpour, I GUESS that's an IMPROVEMENT on degrading his players in FRONT OF those fans, as he used to do in The Swamp...seems he still finds their version of running HIS OFFENSE "offensive"...Yes, and (according to Gene Chiszik) it is looking so "masterful" so far, everywhere he goes...but he WON by a point, which apparently makes it all ok, understandable.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Marcus Spears predicts his LSU Tigers to prevail. Paul Finebaum and Tim Tebow agree that Florida will upset LSU. Laura Ingraham did not give her pick, we all know she is rooting for her hometown Florida Gators!

Les Miles has to wear a Florida Gator visor if the Gators win. Steve Spurrier has to eat grass if the Tigers win.
View attachment 390

You Mean LAURA RUTLEDGE? She's a UF Alum over crying out loud. Don't compare to that other woman. Fun fact I actually took a pic with her (Rutledge). I'm surprised she's still doing the show and sideline duties considering that ESPN gave her duties on Sportscenter and Get Up.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
As for the game, Franks needs to more accurate (what's else is new?) I'm surprised they won the game with him going 12 of 27.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema