• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread, Week 6: #22 Florida Gators 27 vs #5 LSU Tigers 19, October 6, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It isn't "accidental" anymore: We lead the nation in takeaways for a REASON!
NOW: Can Franks "manage" this offense to a TD on an off day?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gods! What is WITH our offense today. Can't get outa their own way!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hope Mullens has some trickery ready today: Might be only way we score. Another poor throw from Franks.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Big celebration here: UT won game they looked to have blown after collapse with big lead in 4th qtr.
Last thing WE want is a "shoot out" with this LSU squad. I just figure Franks reverts to his "uneven, panicky mode" if put in that position.

I was also watching the Texas game now that I am back in Texas. Good game for the Longhorns.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I was also watching the Texas game now that I am back in Texas. Good game for the Longhorns.
Last thing I heard until last minute they were WAY ahead and CRUISING in 4th quarter. Roadie just told me their Coach mismanaged his play-calling near end, let OU back in...
Our D has seemed to come back and gotten INTO this one now. Gotta manufacture sone points, SOMEHOW here. Franks is really looking like the "Franks of old" so far.
(Will be depending on my phone's "alerts" to keep me up to date good part of this half, it seems)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don't think we have a CHANCE in this one with him playing this poorly.
ANOTHER poor throw, after being rushed. This is more like the Gator offense that we HAVEN'T seen so much of this season.
Defense has to score--and that just won't happen enough to win this. Keep it close, yes, but the IDEA is to WIN.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Slow death unless Mullens has some tricks ready for this one...like all-Wildcat in the 2nd half? Tomey, Pierce et al, the playmakers getting the ball in weird n wonderful ways... He musta seen this as a defensive struggle at best--and at least the POSSIBILITY of Franks having an off day against THEIR good D.
Gotta take this IN, get even here!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Seems like Orgeron has several of these "scripted series"--but I think he needs to have them start and continue in a certain way from the start; monent we disrupt it, they suddenly don't LOOK so "unstoppable".

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
He's gonna go for it here--Opportunity for us. Sell out for field-flip, right?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Don't like the extra yards they keep getting though. It's a flash back to the earlier bad-tacklimg technique days.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That looked silly (until it works, I guess). So WE start deep in OUR end. Like to see a grind-it-out fieldflip now, right? That's been our growing positive of late.
Fillipe HAS to get a LITTLE more accurate, be able to hit the underneath shots for 6 to 8 yards here and there, keep their D honest at least.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Won't BE too many Gator pass plays called today, looks like. Too bad: that 3rd down was the PERFECT place for a little pass n catch for an easy first down.
I will say it again: I do NOT see how we can WIN this game with NO passing. Keep it close most of the way, yes--but Mullens can see better than all of us that that isn't the idea here. Does he think our D will do our scoring? Special Teams? No--our Coach is smart, and can see "slow death" developing out there today now. If we don't change things around NOW, we will fade in this one.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh shit! Chauncey G down--and its his knee. This game just turned DOUBLE costly on one play.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Unless its bs--Someone just told me Gators drive field and scored before end of half. Lemme take a look here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema