• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread, Week 6: #22 Florida Gators 27 vs #5 LSU Tigers 19, October 6, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yes! On PASSES! AND suddenly Franks looking sharp. They might make the mistake of THROWING IT here. Gators are FEELING it right now...They could get another chance here.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is fun again
Amazing how that works, right?
I didn't think we looked ready in first qrtr. But we have come ON, clearly.
Do you throw deep here? Or just go into half feeling good about where you're at?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK--Our Coach is cool, calm, on target and focused forward as always. I doubt we'll look as flat starting SECOND half as we did starting first.
(I'm gonna go be as HELPFUL as possible over here--give folks a chance to grab their lunches waiting backstage, etc--they've been good-naturedly supporting MY frenetic distractedness so far...mighta helped seeing their Longhorns pull their big game out at the end--which, thanks to weather delay here early, allowed most to SEE that climactic WIN...I will take ANY sort of victory here, btw, if our team can somehow manage it)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Code:
LSU FLA
1st Downs    12    8
3rd down efficiency    3-8    1-5
4th down efficiency    0-0    0-0
Total Yards    203    185
Passing    127    70
Comp-Att    11-14    6-12
Yards per pass    9.1    5.8
Interceptions thrown    0    0
Rushing    76    115
Rushing Attempts    25    21
Yards per rush    3.0    5.5
Penalties    1-5    4-35
Turnovers    1    0
Fumbles lost    1    0
Interceptions thrown    0    0
Possession    16:47    13:13

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Franks did the "Tebow dive", and it got the LSU defenders to crowd the box.
Mullens is right: the GOOD news with Franks is that more and more he is doing the LITTLE things right--giving him AND us the chance to redeem the mistakes, keeping it CLOSE.
We were coming ON, both sides of the ball, by the close of that half.
Now I wanna know how badly Gardner's knee is hurt. We'll hurt long as he's not in there--but how long will that BE? A half? Another full game? WEEKS??? LOOKED more like a "hyperextension" than fully collapsing ftom a torn ligament. He was walking, albeit painfully, on the sidelines.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That was a game changer right there. Kid got greedy--or was it our Coach, CALLING that there...now we gotta stem the bleeding--instead of being ready to take control.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We are getting banged up BAD in this one. Now losing a really good rusher for us.
Somehow gotta reassert control here.
Wait a minute--they hit him before he got a chance to make the play on the ball!
OK. Our ball. Near disaster.
You know, win or lose, we are seeing here today all the things that are good AND bad with our team today. Unfortunately--BOTH are evident and embodied in our QB. We can win games, but we CANNOT win Championships with Franks as our Quarterback. That, and our THINNESS seemingly EVERYWHERE but RB and some "playmaker/athlete" positions that help PUT us in place to win close games, are the blindingly obvious shortcomings in our progress. If we don't stop them now, we may just end up "having come just THIS close"--that point at the start of the 3rd qrtr when Franks looked very good, then very BAD. NOW, IT'S a toss up: We MUST get some more points, or lose this one late I fear.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This field position battle the 3rd qtr has devolved into will cost us the lead soon--UNLESS Mullens can come with our OWN "fieldflipper"...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
D either comes up BIG, right here, right now, or we lose. That is my take. We are running out of chances in our own end.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Franks is getting knocked around. The offense is sputtering. The special teams is allowing serious yardage.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I just don't see how we can "flick the switch" on offense... Our D is getting gassed, and it is still the 3td qtr. This one's gettn away from us, boys. If we can score SOMEHOW, I still like our chances. But we need to put them in that position SOON. BUT Ftanks looks hurt now. Looks bad for us now.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hey COACH! You got any brilliant ideas?
I MEAN it--not being a smartass, not at ALL. I figure you gotta have some cards up your sleeve for a moment like this--or rather "the moment that's COMING very soon"...We've got some speedy/slippery guys over there, and you've known all along that with our defense and this league and our situation at QB, it could COME TO EXACTLY THIS.
"DON'T BACK DOWN!" "THERE AIN'T NO EASY WAY OUT!".
Time to turn it on. Bad snap! Shoot--THE OTHER WAY, GUYS!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, this is exactly how "woulda shoulda coulda" looks. Just doesn't FEEL right. Not yet, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema