• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread Week 4: #20 Florida Gators 33, #11 Tennessee Volunteers 38, 9/24/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That was the first time seeing Napier lose his mind.
I'M not even sure what in particular he was so bent about...He's normally so cool, one'd THINK it was something BIG--But maybe he was just trying to get a rise out of EVERYONE ELSE AROUND HIM--Players AND coaches.
Someone will ask him later, for sure.
Doesn't really matter. We are now proceeding to compound our errors, dig ourselves a deeper hole here...
Party time for this Vols crowd...OUR guys are fading now. Got a feeling the scores about to get lopsided. They can't hear each other out there.
I cannot watch this. Worst-case scenario now.
Even with the first down--small potatoes. We NEED a long TD, right now.
And at least one turn-over giving us good field-position--or BETTER.
The way THEY are moving on our defense, the crowd and everything else, we just aren't doing anything LIKE points enough, fast enough.
Ain't gonna be a happy ending here today, folks.
That "7.5 wins"-bet looking more and more accurate, as it turns out. The main thing from here, aside from getting the extended practice and publicity that a bowl game brings, is to see how this whole team and program develops ("learns and grows") over the course of the remainder of our season.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
We are the boys of old Florida!

Attachments

• FF390DA4-ECF8-4DAD-B112-73F7F61EFB94.jpeg
    FF390DA4-ECF8-4DAD-B112-73F7F61EFB94.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 55

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This time they DID throw it OUT THERE on the 4th and short...Their ONLY chance at getting BACK IN this is to keep scoring...but can our D even STOP them now, in this atmosphere?

Escambia94

I'M not even sure what in particular he was so bent about...He's normally so cool, one'd THINK it was something BIG--But maybe he was just trying to get a rise out of EVERYONE ELSE AROUND HIM--Players AND coaches.
Someone will ask him later, for sure.
Doesn't really matter. We are now proceeding to compound our errors, dig ourselves a deeper hole here...
Party time for this Vols crowd...OUR guys are fading now. Got a feeling the scores about to get lopsided. They can't hear each other out there.
I cannot watch this. Worst-case scenario now.
Even with the first down--small potatoes. We NEED a long TD, right now.
And at least one turn-over giving us good field-position--or BETTER.
The way THEY are moving on our defense, the crowd and everything else, we just aren't doing anything LIKE points enough, fast enough.
Ain't gonna be a happy ending here today, folks.
That "7.5 wins"-bet looking more and more accurate, as it turns out. The main thing from here, aside from getting the extended practice and publicity that a bowl game brings, is to see how this whole team and program develops ("learns and grows") over the course of the remainder of our season.

It was the referees. They are bad.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sorry. This time our QB did the one thing HE COULD NOT DO.
I wish I HADN'T tuned back in.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It isn't just losing--it is HOW and WHEN.
This is really a killer. The "average Gator fan" will be all OVER our quarterback AND our Coach after this one--BECAUSE we had our chances!
Even I am disgusted by THAT particular screw-up.

Escambia94

This Tennessee team looks different from the ones we beat 16/17 times. No more Gator voodoo curse apparently.

Escambia94

Once Tennessee scores, the probability of a come-from-behind victory falls to less than 1%.

Escambia94

Tennessee scoring drives average about 2:30. Florida scoring drives are over 6:00. Gators down by 10 (soon to be 17) with 8:47 to go.

Escambia94

As frustrating as this loss will be, this is a good game with over 1,000 yards of offense between both teams.

Attachments

• CDDA0CC1-A808-4530-A3FC-7FB52BE5DF25.jpeg
    CDDA0CC1-A808-4530-A3FC-7FB52BE5DF25.jpeg
    205.2 KB · Views: 60

Escambia94

The Gators showed flashes of brilliance in this rebuilding year. Losing sucks, but this game had over a thousand yards of offense and great quarterbacking from both teams. Officiating was horrible. Penalties were annoying. Otherwise this was the best Florida-Tennessee game I have seen since the Spurrier era, despite the loss.

Attachments

• A5D16576-77EE-4AB7-806F-1B169BA9B24A.jpeg
    A5D16576-77EE-4AB7-806F-1B169BA9B24A.jpeg
    208.2 KB · Views: 53
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members