• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread Week 4: #20 Florida Gators 33, #11 Tennessee Volunteers 38, 9/24/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So, after all that:
The "quickstrike throw" (complete with AR "scamble-DELUXE", nice throw inside the redzone--then dynamic YAC-run by Zipperer) gets us the lead.
And now what happens?
Our D fails to cover the long receiver on the very next play-from scrimmage--and gives the lead right back.
There went our "Puncher's Chance", boys.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Trey Dean passed his receiver to nobody and Hooker strolls into the endzone unchallenged.

Attachments

• FB20650D-5B2E-43CC-A1C1-673F0A7A920F.jpeg
    FB20650D-5B2E-43CC-A1C1-673F0A7A920F.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 47

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I KNEW IT:
One way or another, this one was gonna HURT.
We just aren't good enough--too weak, too shallow across the whole lineup.
And a "shoot out" is NOT our strong suit.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We blew our chances to take this crowd out of things here. It is all on the shoulders of a seemingly banged up Richardson now.
That total breakdown in the secondary on their last possession notwithstanding, the D has played a pretty solid "bend/don't break" game up until then.
Can they get back to that? Can our Offense keep driving on them? It just doesn't seem likely...and yet so far, somehow, "warts and all", in the face of a hostile, meddlesome crowd...
3rd and LONG...
1st down inside the 10.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
TD AR! He WALKS in.
We are holding our own surprisingly well here.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I keep waiting for our "collapse".
Gotta give Coach and team credit for what they've brought so far. If we can carry a tight contest to the half we will have already exceeded just about EVERYONE'S expectations.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm not even gonna TRY to project how things go from here. This one is a total question mark now.
I am pleased--but worried.
Big Sack on 4th down!
Miller!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
O line getting it done so far.
Ooh...Almost hit Pearsall on the run.
Nuts! 3rd and long again.
That looked like "roughing the passer" to ME.
But kick pins them on the 1.
Gotta avoid the long pass.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Be nice to get a pick-6 right about here...
But probably just being greedy.
I will TAKE our going into half with lead.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We have GOT to stop themhere somehow.
We had them questioning themselves.
But if they score now, it will all be for nought.
Already in fg range.
Here comes heartache...

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Halftime. Tennessee leads 17-14. Florida losing its discipline, losing at the point of attack, and losing in points. Richardson looks much better but now the running game is stalled.

Attachments

• 2DEA7F9C-7FD8-47D0-8797-2014E3D7EC34.jpeg
    2DEA7F9C-7FD8-47D0-8797-2014E3D7EC34.jpeg
    199.8 KB · Views: 35

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Damn. There goes the lead.
And they get the ball to start the 3rd--after a 99-yd drive.
Sorry guys: Valiant effort. But you can feel it slipping away now. We just didn't/DON'T have enough.
I don't mind Napier being aggressive, even that "extra time-out call" (that eventually gave them that little-bit-more-time they needed to get that TD to take the lead at the end of the half, incidentally). But in the wider context of a close, back and forth game ON-THE-ROAD, we may have "shot our wad" here already in this one.
Our ONLY chance is to somehow even INCREASE the pressure and pace of the Gator offense, while the defense similarly carries ON.
There IS promise, on BOTH sides of the ball of this Gator squad. We aren't there yet--don't have the depth talent-wise. But make no mistake:
This staff will GET us there.
It's still hard to take now, having to endure knowing, SEEING flashes of how CLOSE we are.
It just isn't ENOUGH, telling ourselves "good effort", "ALMOST"...
So if we do "lose contact" with this opponent, watch them pull away in the third quarter, I will TRY to hold myself back from going ON about it. Instead, I will try toet it lie, quietly withdraw and move on.
If it happens, it will happen directly AFTER the break here, when the Vols get the ball to start the 3rd. SO now I will just shut up and let things unfold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema