• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread Week 12: Florida Gators at Vanderbilt Commodores 11/19/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Thanks to our penalties and missed tackles, then AGAIN leaving their best receiver open in the endzone, Vandy was able to march down the field and score again.
This is an embarrassment. I don't know that I will even watch the FSU game.
You are not missing ANYTHING with your HULU stuck--just more sickening failure and loss of hope and confidence even in our Coach.
It will take SEVERAL top recruiting classes to alter the destiny of THIS program.
Right now we really ARE at the bottom of the SEC....a FACT.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
So…. What did I miss?
D6EA87E1-53E8-4605-86FF-2AA5FBD5A4E2.jpeg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I guess the Gators are happy going 6-6.
View attachment 766
Yes--That is the WORST of it: Our Coach and PLAYERS appear to be settling for that 6-and-6.
I doubt Anthony's coming back, either, so unless we get a gunslinger who fits for a season in here, we won't have an experienced QB with real talent for a couple of seasons MINIMUM.
Meanwhile, another flukey choke play gives Vanderbilt the ball on the INT? Ruled incomplete on field, but LOOKS LIKE AN INT.
Terrible bad luck, though he shouldn't have thrown it. "Not our day"??? You could say that.
We've already given up--are getting blown out now.
Sigh...ah, Gators. You are making VANDERBILT look like Alabama!
Goodbye, E--, and whomever else has suffered through this debacle.
See y'all next YEAR? (Know what I'm saying?
I mean, this TEAM gave up...why shouldn't WE give up on THEM? THEY wouldn't play in "all kinds of weather", SOOOO...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@Escambia94,
When was the last time you saw the Gators look this bad against an inferior (as in "supposedly less-talented") team?
This was particularly painful for me:
I had begun to feel a sense of optimism in our future under this regime--but this was a bad look...the worst possible set of signs embodied in this pathetic performance.

Escambia94

In the words of LL Cool J, “Don’t call it a comeback”…because this is too little too late to mount a comeback.
605AE00C-8B7D-4787-A91F-1532E590EC61.jpeg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I have the game on with no sound, but I don't expect to look up to see this getting turned around in this now 4th quarter.
Long pass, though, for a touchdown, so AR still gunning, anyway.
Without the dumbass mistakes and breakdowns for Commodore touchdowns, we'd probable HAVE this game--just that last stupid INT back would have us close.
But we miss another 2-pointer.
Sigh. Just cannot do anything quite right today; could use those 2-points now--not to mention all the OTHER points-left-on-the-field...
I don't know why I cling to any last scrap of hope at this point...We just haven't LOOKED like a good team, not at all, not ONCE today.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Be nice if WE could manage a big turnover in OUR favor.
Is this gonna be a targeting call? I had a feeling about it at the moment he hit him--we caught a break there I thought...but maybe not.
We lose Miller. THAT WILL DO IT.
FOR THIS GAME AND NEXT.
One thing after another today.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Man, this has been a terrible game in every way.
To revert back to this after gaining a Crack of hope is just so SAD.
I gotta just shut up, take it.
Sorry.

Escambia94

In all kinds of weather…as long as the air temperature is above 45 degrees F.
701B4820-91D8-4C2C-B80D-E39785ECCFF5.jpeg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
No come back from THIS team.
THE FLORIDA GATORS ARE OFFICIALKY NOW THE WORST TEAM IN THE SEC.
It didn't bother me NEAR this much back in 1979, when I was ATTENDING as an undergrad!
But we had fun at those games: Hoisting kegs over the wall that used to be where double decks of stands enclosed one end of Florida Field now...and of course there were the tales of "Gainesville Green and folks getting high standing downwind of the student section on gamedays"...passing pretty girls up the rows on the student side, right to the top! Blundering games like this one were temporary comedic distractions...I remember commenting the NEXT season, my friends and I agreeing that now that (in Charkey Pell's 2nd year) we were winning games, more games than we were LOSING, "it just isn't as FUN anymore: We're worried about NOT screwing it up!" We laughed at ourselves for it, but it was true: NOW it has long become UNACCEPTABLE.
I don't know what to say to y'all.
Are you prepared to give Billy Napier at least 3, maybe 4 years to rebuild this thing?
It appears to me now that THAT is what it might take--and frankly, at this point I'm not so sure HE will pull it off. We damn well better not see a performance like this one, start to finish, again.
I MEAN it. THIS one was a matter of "screwing up by the NUMBERS!!!"
I now truly believe we are further from a return to competence than aTm--a TERRIBLE place to be.
At least THEY have talent, if they can hold enough of it.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
In all kinds of weather…as long as the air temperature is above 45 degrees F. View attachment 769
Yeah. Normally funny... but not today.
Another dropped TD by one of our great receivers. 4th abd 10 where we should have been lining up for a fg. Just over 2 minutes left--and we kick the fg???
Oh man, I HATE THIS.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
More BS "settling" by Billy Napier.
He has crapped his pants BIGTIME today.
What makes him (or anyone ELSE) think we are gonna suddenly make this happen in the last minute and a half???

Escambia94

No come back from THIS team.
THE FLORIDA GATORS ARE OFFICIALKY NOW THE WORST TEAM IN THE SEC.
It didn't bother me NEAR this much back in 1979, when I was ATTENDING as an undergrad!
But we had fun at those games: Hoisting kegs over the wall that used to be where double decks of stands enclosed one end of Florida Field now...and of course there were the tales of "Gainesville Green and folks getting high standing downwind of the student section on gamedays"...passing pretty girls up the rows on the student side, right to the top! Blundering games like this one were temporary comedic distractions...I remember commenting the NEXT season, my friends and I agreeing that now that (in Charkey Pell's 2nd year) we were winning games, more games than we were LOSING, "it just isn't as FUN anymore: We're worried about NOT screwing it up!" We laughed at ourselves for it, but it was true: NOW it has long become UNACCEPTABLE.
I don't know what to say to y'all.
Are you prepared to give Billy Napier at least 3, maybe 4 years to rebuild this thing?
It appears to me now that THAT is what it might take--and frankly, at this point I'm not so sure HE will pull it off. We damn well better not see a performance like this one, start to finish, again.
I MEAN it. THIS one was a matter of "screwing up by the NUMBERS!!!"
I now truly believe we are further from a return to competence than aTm--a TERRIBLE place to be.
At least THEY have talent, if they can hold enough of it.
For perspective, the Gators are not the worst team in the SEC. We fired the last coach for leading us to a 6-6 record and we still have 65 of those athletes on this team. We were not expected to magically win 9 games just by adding 22 of Napier’s athletes. These receivers were buried on the depth chart for a reason. Look at all the dropped passes. Look at the horrible special teams play from career backups.

The Gators will go bowling and the Aggies will not. The South Carolina Gamecocks, Vanderbilt Commodores, Auburn Tigers and Arkansas Razorbacks are getting worse bowl games if they make it to 0.500.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Right. 91 yards to go for a tie.
I will run naked through my neighborhood in these mid-30s temperatures if we score and tie it from here now--GLADLY.
Not that THAT is a risky wager, unfortunately.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
10 seconds to go.
Hail Mary To end it. Here it is...
OH FOR A LITTLE FRANKS-MAGIC?

Escambia94

I expect more transfer portal announcements. The Gators will need to play all the backups next week against FSU in order to assess who should transfer.
34F0A5AD-5019-4C59-A21B-C3577CA1648C.jpeg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Over. That pass was WAY overthrown.
Sigh.
"WOULDA/SHOULDA/COULDA".
I mean, even in the very end, had they gotten that last TD instead of fg, and we at least could have just tied it with a kick.
WTF did Napier THINK was gonna happen?
AR will leave, and I am no longer on the "Trust Billy" bandwagon. Sorry, but he showed himself to be a small-market, short-sighted Coach today.
There were hints all season--but this one ripped the veil away. Wish I were wrong--but I cannot bring myself to say "HOPE I am wrong..."
Not anymore. We are in a deep hole, my friends, and I'm afraid we won't be climbing out if it anytime soon.
Y'all might wanna begin thinking about who /where/how we are gonna go for NEXT, as these next flailing seasons rip our souls apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema