• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Tennessee @ Florida - 9/17: WIN 33 - 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
WAY "too cute"! Throw away ANOTHER opportunity...what was the point of that, HERE? Punt it--let our "D" have another try for even BETTER field position...I'm getting greedy, I guess, but if they can keep up the pressure here, we'll either get a turnover or stop 'em and get the ball back for one more last minute-of-the-half try.
(Actually, if the Vol coaches were smart they'd try and kill the ball and the clock right here, go into the half right here...but I don't think they will.)

awebbf5

VIP Member
yeah then he said to long of a throw on the trick play, im pretty sure brantley could have made the throw,deonte was open and he says he couldnt even get open, i mean really.gotta get a stop cant let them have momentum going in the half.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
NO! His hand got the ball!!! That's a p*ss poor call! Now they're HANDING them a chance.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Aw sh*t...now they're moving the ball...c'mon "D"! THIS is where you prove yourselves...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
No pressure. Now we gotta hold THEM to 3...all they HAVE is Bray dropping back, getting time, hitting the open guy: pressure him, sack him and/or hit him when he DOES just get it off and you control their offense.
If they just get a FG, they "feel good" but it's OK...This is REDICULOUS! JUST GIVE 'EM THE TD, F*CKERS!!!

awebbf5

VIP Member
who missed the assignment wide freaking open my grandmother could have caught that,might be good for us cause i guarantee coach muschamp is gonna be livid in the locker room at the half and gets everybodys head back in the game.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
THIS is exactly what I feared, and I will tell you this: we actually need to get something done NOW, in the last 1:43 before the half, if we want to reestablish the hold we had on this contest until 3 minutes ago on the clock.
(and LISTEN to Danielson talk as if Tennessee just took the LEAD...I am really HATING this guy...).
Weis knows it too--trying to drive here--almost picked when Brantley missed the read...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Look what's happened--now we can't get 2 yards, 4th down and VOLS call the time out...the two things I have seen and HATED in this Gator team have struck again: Redzone LETDOWNS and last-2-min.-of-half BREAKDOWNS.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
PLEASE: sack or pick-sack or pick-sack or pick-sack or pick-sack or pick

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is getting ridiculous! There ISN'T face-guarding in college and he didn't touch him!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This better be against Tennessee...yep--small mercies, and all that...we are on our heels here again at the end of the half--what is the problem?

awebbf5

VIP Member
gary danielsons head is up his rearend he must be enjoying the view, gotta love coach muschamp he was gonna eat that ref alive!

travisduncan

Gator Fan
Muschamp wants his secondary guys to play physical and the refs are saying 'hang on a sec'....Knowing Muschamp he'll tell them go back out there and continue to make contact on every play and see what the refs do...

awebbf5

VIP Member
We have to get a stop at the start of the third, i hope rainey refueled i could see him breathing hard when he was lining up in the backfield, would love to see demps get lose for a sixty yarder. Come On Gators Lets GO!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We got out of the half...I can't believe I have to SAY that after the way we dominated (and SHOULD have damn near put away) this Vol team in the first qrtr.-and-a-half or so. (LOVE Coach Boom RIGHTLY giving the referee a full-on EARFUL about those interference flags as they're both leaving the field here...screw that crap...meanwhile, we're up 9 and SHOULDA WOULDA COULDA---Three more drives than them and all we can say so far is "At least we got SOMETHING--including the LEAD.")
Both teams start fresh in the third, that's what both coaches'll have their players thinking--and this time THEY start with the ball. We KNOW they HAVE to pass, but we already knew that and they DID manage that TD drive--and you can BET they're being reminded that THAT is all we've managed too. The D-line MUST step up and pressure Bray, we all know it, and if it CAN, well, we can have this game well in hand by the 4th qrtr. The other part of the equation here is our strangely now-smooth/now-sputtering offense: They were ROLLING for most of the 1st half, yet as we all saw they blew redzone opportunities AGAIN. Brantley STILL can't throw the deep ball (even the MEDIUM deep ball) with any kind of consistent accuracy or timing (as it stands, if we are down less than a TD but more than 3 with time running out and have the ball, unless one of our other playmakers does something amazing, we lose--I have no confidence that #12 can pull it out).
SO, prescription for victory the last 30 minutes here in the Swamp:
Defense gets a stop on the first Vol possession of the half.
Gators get back down to business and once again drive the field--THIS time, like the FIRST one, they get the TD.
2nd Vol possession is potential turning point--and they know it...we MUST at LEAST shut 'em down, and since they'll be throwing almost every down, SOMEWHERE in here we REALLY need a pick Either way, we get the ball, drive and get some more points, and this game begins to get away from Tennessee as we get to the 4th qrtr.
THAT is how to WIN, and win easily as we SHOULD...
However, there ARE other possibilities--but here's the kick off, and I'm not putting ANY negative vibes on our Gtaors NOW...
THERE it IS!!! Pick off on Bray's first play...now LET'S go!

awebbf5

VIP Member
lol thats a tough one, rainey out of bounds and gets hit, but evans hits a wr in bounds and its a bad play, gimme a break. Trey burton got a little tebow swag going.lets go no more field goals demps or rainey to the far side.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Listen to Danielson make excuses for the Vol--inside the 5...PLEASE guys. Put that "BIG REGULAR" offense in and make a STATEMENT! See, WE can RUN, and they can NOT...even Danielson must know that "he who runs for more yards wins" in TENN/FLA match-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema