• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Florida @ Auburn - 10/15: LOSS 17 - 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
damn that overthrow was dissapointing.
Yeah, that's inexperience: you just throw that one TO the receiver when he's THAT open--but he DIDN'T underthrow him like Brisset and, yes, Brantley consistently does there. But that was a golden, missed career-making opportunity.
WHAT?! Sturgis is out?!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Push off on that big pass.
With our place kicker out in this one, it is over, I'm afraid--that really WAS our one advantage on the road in a close game.
We are snake-bit, on top of a everything else. When he went down last year, that was it--for him AND us.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reed blows it by going out of bounds...now Driskel is gonna get--excuse me, just GOT nailed pm the blitz. You could see that coming.
I just can't get over losing Sturgis. How did it happen? He hasn't been on there since the 1st half except to kick off to start the 2nd half. Now we're starting to miss tackles, go for "big huts", free lance--we are DONE, my friends. And our only weapon is out.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Can we please take out Driskel and put in Brissett?

I don't like putting the rest of the 2nd half in the hands of Driskel.
why driskell runs it alot better nerves got him on the overthrow,his awareness is ten times better.driskell is our future not brissett.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Can we please take out Driskel and put in Brissett?

I don't like putting the rest of the 2nd half in the hands of Driskel.
I guess this is going to be the debate...did yu WATCH the 1st half? Personally, I don't EVER want to see Brisset start again--if he transfers it'll be fine with me. Driskel can run an offense, at least.
Meanwhile, the defense keeps letting them get yardage on 3rd downs.
This TD would pretty well seal-the-deal for Auburn--we got NUTHIN' on offense now.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Put a fork in it, boys.
I'll check back with y'all later--in case of some magical turnaround (HA!), more likely in the aftermath to a shamefully disappointing performance. We are losing to a team with less talent, yet more heart than us.
(NOW we go back to Gillislee? Yeah, perfect time to run out the clock--let's get it back within a point or two, so we can WISH we had our FG-kicker to win it for us!)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Driskel has a lot to learn--but just going by how it feels, how he runs the team, he's the guy, I think. Look, this ain't a science--I could be wrong, in the long term. But going by what we're seeing here in the course of "trial by fire", I find the contrast in those "feelings" and "impressions" striking. He can LEARN the speed of the game, the idiosyncrasies of his receivers, the lessons of the game--but it is all this "other stuff" you just can't teach.
Now we're back to LAST year's dilemma" no kicker, so 3rd and longish is a go-for down in the redzone.

jamestoney84

Gator Fan
To me, Brissett appears more calm and collected. The last play on on 4th and 4 just showed why I don't want Driskel in the game right now because he has a lot to learn.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Driskel has a lot to learn--but just going by how it feels, how he runs the team, he's the guy, I think. Look, this ain't a science--I could be wrong, in the long term. But going by what we're seeing here in the course of "trial by fire", I find the contrast in those "feelings" and "impressions" striking. He can LEARN the speed of the game, the idiosyncrasies of his receivers, the lessons of the game--but it is all this "other stuff" you just can't teach.
Now we're back to LAST year's dilemma" no kicker, so 3rd and longish is a go-for down in the redzone.
i mean at least hes showing glimpses, hes still freshman gotta be nervous, hes gonna be fine, we need our d to step it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema