• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Florida @ Auburn - 10/15: LOSS 17 - 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

awebbf5

VIP Member
I MUST say this, despite my "promise": Brisset is not a smart or flexible QB. Sure, we're not giving him much protection, but even when we have the right play called to deal with that blitz he doesn't adjust. They worked with him all week and THIS is the best he can do--lock onto the primary receiver if it's a pass, hand off to the pre-determined RB on a coach-called running-play, no audibles, no check down through your progressions when you DO get time, no take-off-and-use-your-natural-skills if THAT'S open? Um, a trained monkey could do what he's done so far.
agree throw murphy in, wish he would have listened to his mom and went to the thugu.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
this sucks, at least next week i know we wont lose!!
Like I said earlier in the week: When the bye-week and a game against a near-2nd Div. team are your best chances to "turn things around", it's pretty damn sad...
Meanwhile, there's Driskel beside Weis--and Burton's in there at QB: think maybe Charlie sees what I see?
(Burton sure plays SMARTER than Brisset!)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Man, we look like a friggin' Big East team--Vandy has tighter discipline than we do. I KNOW that this penalty thing is something Coach Boom is just freakin' about--and still it doesn't change. That comment of his about "some guys just go off and do what THEY want to do" on plays must be part of this problem.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Get. Brisset. OUT. Of. There. Drop him to 3rd on the depth chart, Redshirt him if you must next year--but if he wants to leave, wave him goodbye. He's an albatross--a QB that will never take us ANYWHERE. That was NOT my impression of Driskel.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
You know, in a close game like this, even with that gift-TD we could still win this one the way the D is starting to come on. We ALWAYS had to score at least a COUPLE of TDs on offense to win at their place, so that still is the nut that's GOT to be cracked. I don't know what to make of what the coaches tell us anymore: is Driskel healthy enough to go in the 2nd half? Did he get ANY reps this past week?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Here's the thing: if he breaks the rush containment, that's his one advantage. It'll open up the passing lanes too--if only he can find the open man. THAT'S what he just doesn't seem to do--he fastens onto one guy, and then it's either throw it up there late or take off...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Rainey's tired--and this chance is wasted if they don't cash it in on 3rd down. Everyone "KNOWS" it'll be a pass.
Put Burton in at QB and they can't be sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema