• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Man Cave Help! Memorabilia

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
Nice room Inked, did you remove the closet doors? Never thought about this, awesome idea

Anyway, so back to the original question. How can I get autographs from way up in NC. Someone suggested emailing the Home Coming staff but when I followed the link, I entered a message but never saw a.send button. Its not like i'm trying to come up on free stuff of value, if I could attend fan day then that would be too easy. Just dont know how else to go about it

Ya removed the closet doors in the man cave and in my son's room, it really opens up the room if you aren't using the closets for clothes or storage. My son has his toy Box in the closet so removing the doors frees up a lot of space..

On autographing, not 100% but I thought there was a link on Gator zone. Com for autographing details... I'll check..

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
Here's a couple more pics that show where the paint job ties together...
uploadfromtaptalk1350586743083.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1350586769853.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1350586790616.jpg

And of my son's toy Box lol... It's actually a $150 tool box that ended up as the most expensive toy Box on earth
uploadfromtaptalk1350586885642.jpg

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
nice, i actually came across Gator fan blades for ceiling fans, just got to convince the wife on how much better they are than the ones now lol, I'm just now starting to hang stuff on my walls, it took me forever to get over driving nails in the paint and covering up the paint job. call it obsessed or I just still like enjoying my work lol

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
Nice I need some fan blades too... I've still got 3 posters and 1 more newspaper to hang, just waiting on some frames. Also gonna get a framed Panoramic pic of the stadium too. Then a tv and sleeper sofa lol...

FrozenGator

Gator Fan
I'm from Canada, so I don't get it: what's with sand from Pensacola?

Also, my wife thinks you're both crazy. :p But I like it. I'd be hard-pressed to go Orange and Blue vs Blue and Gold for my Blue Bombers... so... two man-caves, perhaps?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)

Also, my wife thinks you're both crazy. :p But I like it. I'd be hard-pressed to go Orange and Blue vs Blue and Gold for my Blue Bombers... so... two man-caves, perhaps?

Pensacola beach sand is pure white, like snow or table salt. It is also very soft. I have only been able to find sand like this in a few places on Earth--parts of Hawai'i, White Sands (New Mexico), and the Gulf of Mexico/Caribbean.

FrozenGator

Gator Fan
Pensacola beach sand is pure white, like snow or table salt. It is also very soft. I have only been able to find sand like this in a few places on Earth--parts of Hawai'i, White Sands (New Mexico), and the Gulf of Mexico/Caribbean.
Ohhh.... See, I knew that. I thought perhaps there was something Gator-specific about Pensacola that was just escaping me.
Yeah, I don't like beaches much, but did love the beaches in Florida.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator

It's a "home"-thing--you probably have something like it for SOME aspect of "place" that says "home", in your mind and heart says "THAT'S where I come from"...For me, it's SEVERAL places in Fla.: Even though I lived all over the world growing up, Florida was always "the place we came back to", Eglin (where my Dad was stationed at different times throughout my childhood), Cocoa Beach (where we owned our first house/home off-base, and where I first learned to surf in the wedge that formed off the jetty not 200 yards from our back door--I actually remember straddling my board out beyond the breakwater as an Atlas rocket, one of many unannounced missile tests, roared up from nearby Cape Kennedy, its white/yellow/orange fiery plume trailing grey and white smoke straight out behind it up into the bluest cloudless sky you can imagine), Fort Walton Beach (where we used to go to surf all day in bathwater and party all night around bonfires as teenagers), racing motorcycles on the hard-packed sand at Daytona Beach (not to mention making out in our first cars there), the various springs around North Florida, Ginny, Otter and so many unnamed others where we'd go to rinse-off/refresh after a long night drinking/etc., and of course Gainesville (where I returned and lived, a life long 3rd-generation Gator-fan, after mustering out, to go to college)...if I DID carry a "jar of sand"--and that WOULD say "Florida" as well as anything--I guess it'd be from EITHER of 'em, the fine white sand from Fort Walton's wide, sparkling "sugar dust" on the Gulf, OR the coarser, darker, reddish-tan sand ground off the gulf-stream corral just off-shore on Cocoa and Satellite Beach's Atlantic side. Man, I've been all around the world, and have by now even lived in some places longer (at least at a single stretch), but Florida will ALWAYS be home--for me it has somehow never been any other way.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
NaffGutts, InkedAdrenaline
BOTH y'all are an inspiration to me...I find myself asking myself, "Why have you never ended up creating one of these?!!"--Closest was my bedroom in Cocoa when I was a KID, the summer we moved in, when at 10 years old I got to pick my own colors on condition I repainted my sister's room ("rose" and PINK--Yikes!) as well. (Didn't quite get the Gator colors right, either, always felt "off"--Guess it didn't help that I have red-green color blindness: bad for painters and artists, maybe, but a natural selection-produced advantage to human hunters--and much later, soldiers--in detecting movement among trees and brush, like you find in JUNGLES, it turns out, so all in all...).
THESE are just masterpieces, though, guys: Put a leather LazyBoy and an HD WideScreen, maybe a small bar in one corner, and, well, the world'd be hard-pressed to get anything from ME between dawn on Saturday morning and midnight, the earliest (longer if/when we lost...Geez, I don't like to say it out LOUD, or even print it here...This strange, unreal season has me, a rational guy, worryin' about "stepping on cracks" and all KINDS of superstitious silliness at this point--but until things change, I'll be sticking with certain patterns and routines on Game Day, I suppose--and Girlfriend will just have to live with it...). Again: THANX!!!

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
I'm actually about to aquire a Monster Energy mini fridge, which is fitting since they are my coffee replacements, as with most people in the military.

As far as color matching goes, Home Depot has all official ncaa colors. They had a hard time matching the orange, kept coming out like a Vol orange, imagine my reaction when the guy asked if that was good enough lol. Ended up taking it to Wal Mart at took the receipt back to home depot and they credited the money back.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
I just went to Lowes color wall and picked cards that looked the closest to what I thought our colors were... I think it came out pretty close...

Dru,

Ya just moved in so def a big tv coming. Been looking for the right sleeper couch for it too so if I have a guest I will have an extra bed.... I don't believe n "guest bedrooms" because I hardly ever have people over that stay the night(maybe only twice a year) so I'm gonna get a quality sleeper couch, but those are a little pricey as I'm finding out...

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
Also been pricing out shelves to go on both sides of the Window to display my hats... I have around 50 Gator fitted hats all different designs... Pretty cool. Almost turned into an obsession to see how many different designs I can get...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
InkedAdrenaline, NaffGutts
See, now y'all STILL having ANY trouble with matching colors surprises me: I was under the impression that was a thing of the past...Isn't it Home Depot that brags on TV commercials about having the "exact matches" on colors for "every college team"? (If it IS "Home Depot" that has those ads, then that employee trying to fob off Vol-orange to a Gator needs some SERIOUS retraining...) Failing THAT, or maybe going to the place close to home or WHATEVER, I THOUGHT that these colors now have coded numbers associated with them, so we don't HAVE to have them keep mixing different color-combinations in different proportions, hoping to get 'em right by trial-and-error, no? (Mind you, you BOTH have arrived at near identical shades, according to MY Apple "CinemaWide" monitor--and they look pretty damn "true" to me! Also, DEFINITELY going with the "Gator Cave" as the PROPER use for that extra room--and any prospective "guest" will have no complaint--if they want to stay twice! )

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
Also been pricing out shelves to go on both sides of the Window to display my hats... I have around 50 Gator fitted hats all different designs... Pretty cool. Almost turned into an obsession to see how many different designs I can get...

Reminds me, I'm going to be doing a semi-wrap around floating shelf, you should look into it. I planned on doing hats, bobble heads and random "trinkets". I just like how it looks with no supports, plus the white against the blue would be cool. Still trying to talk the wife into letting me remove the closest doors lol.

Oh and I got lucky, while I was deployed, my wife had a little house warming party and we ended up with a HIGH END futon, solid wood and not the type that you can feel every bar either. Not sure the brand, but easily the best futon.

awebbf5

VIP Member
NaffGutts you might want to try prosportsmemorabilia.com thats where I get most of mine. All the way airborne, o how I don't miss doing PT at bragg.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
NaffGutts you might want to try prosportsmemorabilia.com thats where I get most of mine. All the way airborne, o how I don't miss doing PT at bragg.
Don't we ALL?!! Post-Jump R'n'R in FayatteNam no picnic EITHER (lol)!!! AirBorne!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
BTW--To anyone of y'all that is surfing online Gator memorabilia/paraphenalia sites already anyway, I'm looking for a pair of those Gator-Gloves that were part of one of the Nike "New Gator Uniforms of the Future" from a couple of seasons back--I THINK it was 2010, but it could have been end-of-2009 or start-of-2011, too...the helmet had that blue streamline-printed "F", I believe the shirt had a kind of "reptile-hide-print"-look in Gator colors, but the gloves were the REAL prize, kind of an abstract Alligator-look that each formed actual Gator-head eyes/snout/teeth when you laid your hands out flat with the thumb lined up under/alongside your forefinger (as if executing a proper salute--only with EITHER hand: sticking BOTH gloved-hands out like that yields two Gators SNARLING at each other...COOL). I think these "receivers gloves" were printed in dark gray on white, but anyway they were offered in a limited number that were sold-out online at the one or two sites that got them within moments after being offered--at some ridiculously reasonable price, like $9.95 a pr.--and I've been searching for 'em ever since.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema