• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Man Cave Help! Memorabilia

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
So, about a year ago I got official Ncaa gator paint from Home Depot and painted my spare bedroom, blue on orange with about a foot wide white stripe running horizontal.
Since then i've aquired Gator rugs, door hangers, jerseys, mini helmets, yard gnomes etc. But yet to have anything signed.
Well yesterday I convinced the wife to let me get a signed item once a month. I ended up ordering a Trey Burton 8x10 photo hand signed.

But while searching I was coming across pictures of signing events and was wondering, when and where does this happen? Im aware of Fan Day but i'm stationed in Fort Bragg Nc so travel is limited most times. Is there anyway for me to get signed stuff myself?

Im only asking because while in the military, i've carried an 82nd airborne flag every where i've went and aquired all types of autographs, like Jack Roushe, John Force, Yao Ming, Derkis Bently, P and VP of NASCAR, and most recently Herschel Walker.

I know some what of the policy that limits players to signing. But is anyone on here attending UF? My wishlist is meeting players and going to a game in the swamp.

Maybe I can show up in my dress uniform and get hooked up?

FrozenGator

Gator Fan
I'm no expert, but I'd wager if you showed up in your uniform, you could get almost anything you wanted, within reason.

When I was at Universal Studios in Orlando, I was wearing a Canadian Navy tshirt (I'm not in the navy, I just liked the shirt and it means something to me), and this staff member saw me and my wife looking at the wait list and walked us up to the front. So... if someone's willing to help out a schlub with a Canadian Navy shirt on, I'm pretty sure a real member of the US armed forces can get a signature or two. :)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
What can I say--"Why SHOULDN'T we get a perk or two?" was our outlook back when--and still holds, as it ought to, though it never occurred to me back in the day to go after Gator-swag: memorabilia wasn't an INDUSTRY like now, but rather more like something you went after as a kid and outgrew as you got older (and I don't even wanna THINK about the $$$ my father's BIMBO Post-Mom Barely-5-yrs-older-than-ME Trophy Wife--Yeah, like I was ever gonna refer to HER as "Step-MOM"--either virtually threw away at garage sales or later, with the stuff I'd boxed and hidden away CASHED IN ON, when she realized it might have REAL value--oops: unresolved anger oozing out thru' cracks:mad: ...)...but maybe we over-DID the whole implied-quid-pro-quo-thing at times in our OWN way, like...well, maybe telling tales from old-soldiers-when-young isn't the way to go here either--aside from being tiresome and irrelevant, they might not go over so "funny" here after all--sure as hell not "PC"!
Certainly asking a few young athletes for some signed pics and apparel-pieces from OUR college football team seems a nice opportunity for those members of the team that fights for us on a football field to show a little love for members of the "team" that fights for them across the WORLD.
(Btw, NG, LOVE that thing of getting your 82nd Airborne Flag signed as you travelled...I still have a somewhat worn'n'tattered Death's Head-over-Crossed M-16s "Mess With The Best/Die Like The Rest" SPECIAL FORCES flag that once moved with us from place to place, flying over various tents, camps and staging areas--and most of the folks who I knew to bring it out and show it to are either dead or drifted apart, either way GONE--all the more reason it means so much more than ever to me now.)
(Oh--and you've reminded me once again here: When're ya gonna throw a picture of that "Gator Cave" up for us to gawk at? I mean, it SOUNDS pretty f*ckin' SWEET, so C'MON Gator--Let's have a look!)

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
dovt3a.jpg

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
154ja1e.jpg

this is my Gator coozy, Mini Helmet and if you notice under the cup the coozy is sitting on. This is a jar of sand from Pensacola Beach, so if I ever miss it, I can poor it in a box and put my feet in it lol

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
e13qu1.jpg

this is my infamous gnome, he usually sits at my feet during game day. kinda have a ritual going on. actually ran across similar ones and they all refer to him as "throwback gnome"

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
8yw2vb.jpg

Corner view, futon, flag behind it and my DeLuna Fest tickets and poster.

Actually thinking about painting the wall behind the futon Orange and putting the "This is the swamp" text like in the stadium, not sure.

btw, did you guys know that they just changed the font? on the actual stadium words?

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
and that's it, right now I have Army crap spread out or I'd take a pic of the entire room, going to be getting out soon so I'm starting to inventory my crap to make sure I don't owe Uncle Sam some money lol

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I also carry a jar of sand from Pensacola. Mine is actually from the beach on Naval Air Station Pensacola--Barrancas Beach. Pensacola Beach is too crowded, unless the road to Ft Pickens is open.

I just PCS'd to California from Texas, so my man cave is not set up yet. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to cram 2300 square feet of Texas living space into 1600 square feet of California living space.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
Nice Gator room. I just moved into my house and I too have a Gator room/man cave/game day room whatever u wanna call it lol... Since I just moved in I don't have a tv or couch n it yet but it's soon to come.. I painted each wall a solid color...
uploadfromtaptalk1350534203004.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1350534235883.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1350534251425.jpg

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
Nice room Inked, did you remove the closet doors? Never thought about this, awesome idea

Anyway, so back to the original question. How can I get autographs from way up in NC. Someone suggested emailing the Home Coming staff but when I followed the link, I entered a message but never saw a.send button. Its not like i'm trying to come up on free stuff of value, if I could attend fan day then that would be too easy. Just dont know how else to go about it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema