• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ingram hurt

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
Looks like Cornelius Ingram hurt his knee. Meyer said it occurred during some 1-on-1 drills or something like that and that the extent of the injury isn't known as of now. Hopefully it isn't anything too serious. Those 2 tightend sets with him and Hernandez could be tough to defend. Plus Ingram gave up his spot in the draft to come back for this year so that makes me feel even worse for him if this ends up being at all serious.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I also read rumors on other boards about the same thing; I'm also hoping it's not serious. If CI can't perform right away on the 2-tight-end sets, we still have Tate Casey on the roster who could fill in.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
man this sucks, i hope its nothing big, but if it is then i am glad that Hernandez can get more reps... but i hope its nothing!!!!!!!!!!!

dawgystyle

Gator Fan
I just read that demps is hurt as well. and heard that hunter had something wrong with his back but not exactly sure what was going on with him?

From the Miami Herald:

BY JOSEPH GOODMAN
[email protected]

GAINESVILLE --
After three days of practices, the most memorable mental image of fall football camp at the University of Florida occurred Wednesday afternoon, when Percy Harvin (jersey No. 1), Jeffrey Demps (No. 2) and Chris Rainey (No. 3) limped side by side to the back of Florida's practice field. Harvin didn't practice for the second day in a row because of offseason heel surgery. Rainey pulled a groin muscle Tuesday and didn't practice Wednesday. Jeffrey Demps fell to the ground Wednesday with what appeared to be an injured left knee.

Coach Urban Meyer did not know the severity of Demps' injury, but Demps limped off the practice field with the help of an assistant trainer. At one point during Demps' walk back to the Gators' locker room inside Ben Hill Griffin Stadium (about 300 yards), a person stopped Demps, put his arms around him and appeared to whisper words of encouragement.

Demps' injury occurred on the last play of practice. As the rest of the team huddled, Demps remained on the ground. Trainers immediately converged. Demps, a high school track phenom from Orlando, nearly qualified for the Olympics this summer in the 100-meter sprint.

He ran the 100 meters in 10.01 seconds at the U.S. Olympic trials and is considered the fastest teenager in the nation. Some believe Demps could have pursued a career in professional track after his showing at the trials, but he chose to report to Florida for football.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
This is absolutely horrible, but i wouldn't go as far as saying his NFL career is over, this gives him a chance to do the "Percy Harvin bulk up the upper body routine" that way he will get big enough to play TE

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema