• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ingram hurt

Leakfan12

VIP Member
That's a big blow :mad0235:. Hope that Hernandez and/or Casey can step up and maybe see CI in 2009. NCAA does grant a six year at times including cases like this.

Susie

Gator Fan
DOnt get me wrong I would love for him to come back. But I think it would be best for him to go into the NFL. He already has a ring and has proven he is good enough for it!

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
I feel so bad for CI. This is the exact reason why so many players leave school early for the NFL. Ingram was a guarantee draft pick and would be cashing checks right now from an NFL team. Now he is out for the entire 2008 football season.

Sure he could apply for medical hardship, but I don't think he will. CI is already 23 years old, and if he came back for another year at UF that means he would be nearly 25 years old entering the NFL draft in 2010. 25 is too old when most players in the draft will be 21.

When CI could have have a 1-2 round guy... he will now probably be a 4-5th round guy. Players have been drafted before coming off injuries. Antonio Cromartie and Michael Bush come to mind.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
When CI could have have a 1-2 round guy... he will now probably be a 4-5th round guy. Players have been drafted before coming off injuries. Antonio Cromartie and Michael Bush come to mind.

Willis McGahee

awebbf5

VIP Member
well i feel so bad for ci,i hope though maybe he will apply for a medical redshirt and come back,maybe if timmy can talk to him he might.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
This really pissed me off.

Part of me cursed Urban for maybe practicing them too hard.

But when you look at it, this was a freak injury. Really not much Urban could of done. I mean, they weren't even in pads.

I'm just thankful it was TE, because we have a player that will probably be a future first round draft pick in Aaron Hernandez who can come in and be just as effective if not more.

We will miss C.I. the most in terms of leadership.

I wish him well in whatever he does. Hopefully he takes a medical redshirt and comes back next year.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
CI underwent surgery this morning.

"(His attitude) is off the charts," Meyer said. "He's a superstar. He'll be a captain of our team this year."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema