• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator/Sooners,etc....

Hey OU... i know you have 2 1000 yard rushers but are they used to kill clock, a majority of their yards or to keep the defenses from playing coverage every down and gaining there yards when it matters?

OU_Sooners75

Gator Fan
I could see why they are number one but i could not believe Spurrier ho-ed us out with his vote, Idk about you guys being the best Line we play. They will be one of the best we played, I think Alabama was nationally recognized as the best. But LSU, Ole Miss and Miami had HUGE OLINEs, but most SEC olines are under the radar cuz of youth and new QBs,

There are not a whole heck of a lot of stats that they keep for the OL.

Few of the stats that they do keep is sacks and TOL allowed...and OU has only allowed 11 sacks all season and has given up 54 TOL on the season. That is good enough for #4 all season. Not only that, but they are also the front line to the rushing aspect of our offense. And we have 2 1000+ yard rushers and av#19erage over 205 yards per game. Which is good enough for #19 in the nation in rushing.

Alabama's Oline has allowed 17 sacks, 49 TOL and has only one 1000 yard rusher and averages a96+ yards per game rushing.

OU_Sooners75

Gator Fan
Hey OU... i know you have 2 1000 yard rushers but are they used to kill clock, a majority of their yards or to keep the defenses from playing coverage every down and gaining there yards when it matters?

LOL. OU is not a pass happy team unless you make it that way. OU is about as balanced a team as you can get. They have ran 1036 plays this year. They have passed 476 times to 560 rushes.

I have this weekend and next tuesday, friday and saturday off for like a few weeks, i go in quarters so last week was the start of quarter 2. I post regulary tho because im always home and wtf else can i do at 12 15 on a tuesday night?? hha

OU_Sooners75

Gator Fan
I watched chris brown play after Murray went down in the title game. We dont have them because we have five guys over 500 yards this season.

Our #3 running back has 483 yards on 111 carries.

We only use a three deep when it comes to RBs this year. Thanks in part the others are all freshmen and are redshirting.

There are not a whole heck of a lot of stats that they keep for the OL.

Few of the stats that they do keep is sacks and TOL allowed...and OU has only allowed 11 sacks all season and has given up 54 TOL on the season. That is good enough for #4 all season. Not only that, but they are also the front line to the rushing aspect of our offense. And we have 2 1000+ yard rushers and av#19erage over 205 yards per game. Which is good enough for #19 in the nation in rushing.

Alabama's Oline has allowed 17 sacks, 49 TOL and has only one 1000 yard rusher and averages a96+ yards per game rushing.

cannot compare stats of OU and AL because the teams they play. sorry

OU_Sooners75

Gator Fan
I am asking you where the majority of those rushes came from, I never stated anything, just asking a question.

Well, they usually have a good balance through out the game. They do tend to rush more in the 4th quarter. However, it is probably about the amount of difference between the two.

OU is very balanced. And if you have watched OU like you said you have, then you would know this.

Well, they usually have a good balance through out the game. They do tend to rush more in the 4th quarter. However, it is probably about the amount of difference between the two.

OU is very balanced. And if you have watched OU like you said you have, then you would know this.

What i see which i hope we can agree on is pass sets up the rushing, and thats why in the TTU game every rush was a first down.

Our #3 running back has 483 yards on 111 carries.

We only use a three deep when it comes to RBs this year. Thanks in part the others are all freshmen and are redshirting.

Please don't get me wrong I have great repsect for OU and your coach I wanted florida to being him in before i heard of meyer. But I just like our backs a little more. And here of late we have had some WR come on. They dont have the numbers because they just started to show ( Thompson, moore, cooper, Murphy, nelson, Hernandez.)

thats what UF is good in right? i thought I remember hearing that, but never looked into it, because i realized in reality i would not attend UF so just root for the teams

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Had this matchup taken place last season, I'd have a LOT of reason to be concerned about our defense matching up with OU's receivers; due to graduation/early NFL entry our secondary was depleted after 2006 and our inexperience showed. Since then they've matured and are playing with a LOT more confidence - not to mention that we brought in a new CB coach (Vance Bedford, originally with Michigan) who seems to have helped.

Joe Haden is probably our strongest cornerback, and I'm impressed with how Janoris Jenkins has been playing as well. Still, they have a challenge ahead of them. Ahmad Black is also performing well at safety, and our leader in interceptions this season.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema