• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator/Sooners,etc....

OU_Sooners75

Gator Fan
its because your QB... have you seen his numbers and his completion percentage. I never heard anyone say OU had the best WR all year, till you just said that.

I never said one of our WRs were the best. I said the WR corp...or the unit...is the best. And hardly anyone that has a clue will even try to discount that.

Maybe it is time that you learn the football lingo?

I never said one of our WRs were the best. I said the WR corp...or the unit...is the best. And hardly anyone that has a clue will even try to discount that.

Maybe it is time that you learn the football lingo?

Without starting a war between you and I may I ask who are the WR's ( Like I said earlier i dont watch OU ball)

OU_Sooners75

Gator Fan
They have played better teams, but they keep scoring on them i seen.. But they did not play a top 70 defense all season.

Because I am too lazy to do it myself...here is a very good breakdown of both defenses. You can find it athttp://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126595

Courtesy of HateTheWhorns:

All I have been reading of late is how much stronger UFs defense is compared to OUs defense. This is solely based on the disparity in total yards and points allowed. Below is an in depth analysis that should shed some light on just how close (or far apart) the two units are.

Before delving into the defensive statistics and rankings, it should be noted that OU's opponents had 191 possessions this season compared to 151 for UF opponents. With time of possession and takeaways/giveaways being virtually even between the two schools, the key differentiator here appears to be the extraordinarily high number of quick scoring drives that OU had compared to UF.

Total Def - OU is 65th and UF is 9th with OU giving up 80 more yards a game. OU opponents had 3 more possession per game to account for some of this discrepancy. Also, OU's D1 opponents ranked 3,4,6,7,9,12,23,29,33,49,50 & 116 in total offense compared to UF's D1 opponents which ranked 21,37,53,54,55,56,74,88,97,105,115,117 -- a huge disparity in OUs favor. ADVANTAGE - Let's look further.

Rushing Defense - OU is 18th (106 yds/g) & UF is 16th (105 yds/g). OU opponents ranked 7,13,25,34,37,53,76,80,93,95,106, & 114 in rushing offense. UF opponents ranked 23,31,32,43,54,68,77,79,89,97,107, & 109. Quality of opponent slightly favors OU, but not enough to declare an advantage here.
ADVANTAGE - Even

Passing Defense - OU is 99th (253 yds/g) & UF is 19th (174 yds/g). OU opponents were ranked 1,4,8,11,14,18,24,26,43,70,92, & 100 in passing offense. UF opponents were ranked 16,23,33,54,58,67,76,87,96,98,107,112 in passing offense. OU had 9 opponents in the top 50 and 7 in the top 30 compared to 3 and 2 for UF. A huge disparity in OUs favor. With the disparity in quality of opponents and number of possessions, this evens up pretty quickly.
ADVANTAGE - Slight edge to UF

Passing Efficiency Defense - OU is 41st (117.14) and UF is 2nd (94.17). The average PE rating of OU opponents was 145.62 compared to 119.15 of UF opponents. OU held its opponents to 28.48 below the average while UF held their opponents to 24.98 below the opponent average. Again, the level of passing offenses that OU faced was far superior to the UF opponents and the relative impact that we had in holding opponents below their average PE was pretty even. ADVANTAGE - Even

Takeaways - OU is 4th (32) and UF is 3rd (33). ADVANTAGE - Even

Sacks - OU is 3rd (42) and UF is 33rd (32). OU opponents surrendered 273 so we accounted for 15.4% of our opponents sacks. UF opponents surrendered 313 so they accounted for 10.2% of their opponents' sacks.
ADVANTAGE - OU

Tackles For Loss (TFL) - OU is 9th (102) while UF is 85th (67).
ADVANTAGE - OU

3rd Down % - OU is 21st (33%) while UF is 15th (32%).
ADVANTAGE - Even

Red Zone Defense - OU is 46th (80%) while UF is 6th (71%)
ADVANTAGE - UF

First Downs - OU is 62nd (19/g) while UF is 13th (16/g). The primary difference here is the huge disparity in the quality of opposing offenses and the 3 additional possessions per game for OU opponents.
ADVANTAGE - Even

Scoring - OU is ranked 57th (24.5) while UF is ranked 5th (12.8). While UF has a clear lead in this category, it should be noted that 33 of opponent points were scored on kick returns, safeties, and 3 and out FGs. UF only had 3 points of these type scored on them. Also, OU had 4 TDs scored on them in the final seconds of play (of blowouts) against our subs. UF did not give up any last second scores. When you look only at points each defense gave up, the margin narrows to 22-13 in favor of UF. Without the last second scores, the margin narrows further to 20-13, about a one TD difference per game. Again, the caliber of offenses each team played explains much of the disparity.
ADVANTAGE - UF

Summary
1) OU has a clear advantage in the sacks/TFL category.
2) The schools are virtually even in rushing defense, takeaways, 1st downs allowed, 3rd down percentage, and effectiveness against the pass.
3) UF has a clear advantage in passing yards allowed, points allowed, and red zone defense. Do the 3 add'l possessions per game and quality of opponent offenses explain all of the discrepancy here? I think it certainly goes a long way.

Overall, I see these two units as being very close.

How about you stop with the personal insults first and then then realize that at the end of the day the best statistical group of wide receivers means nothing. I have seen enough of OU to come to the conclusion that 18 is their #1 target especailly in the red zone. But the Packers have the best WR in NFL and they are not the best team in the NFL, and its not because of OU's WR's that they are #1 its because they have the time to throw the ball and the QB to make the pass.

OU_Sooners75

Gator Fan
Without starting a war between you and I may I ask who are the WR's ( Like I said earlier i dont watch OU ball)
Before I answer. I gave the wrong numbers. It is not 16 yac it is 15+ yards per catch. And there are 5 wrs that have 15+ ypc.

#9 Juaquin Iglesias SR WR: 69 rec 1092 yards 10 TD 15.8 ypc
#18 Jermaine Gresham JR TE: 58 rec 888 yards 12 TD 15.3 ypc
#85 Ryan Broyles FR WR: 42 rec 661 yards 6 TD 15.7 ypc
#1 Manny Johnson SR WR: 38 rec 685 yards 9 TD 18.0 ypc
#84 Quentin Chaney SR WR: 27 rec 467 yards 2 TD 17.3 ypc

And this is no all the threats. Just the ones over 15+ ypc.

OU_Sooners75

Gator Fan
How about you stop with the personal insults first and then then realize that at the end of the day the best statistical group of wide receivers means nothing. I have seen enough of OU to come to the conclusion that 18 is their #1 target especailly in the red zone. But the Packers have the best WR in NFL and they are not the best team in the NFL, and its not because of OU's WR's that they are #1 its because they have the time to throw the ball and the QB to make the pass.

First I have said no personal insults.

Merely stating what I see from you.

Second the reason they are #1 is because the fact is they are all very talented and know what to do once they get the ball.

This will also be the Best OLine the gators have seen this season. Not saying it will not happen, but Florida is going to have to have one helluva scheme to continually pressure on Bradford. Not only can our OL pass block well, the RBs are very good blockers as well.

You and The OU fan may be going at it but at least there is some sense to what you guys are talking about

I wonder if he is a Florida fan.. he said we are going to lose but weakly said i am a Florida fan, and then said something about Football is big down by TExas and Tebow will enter the draft, when Tebow said he is leaning on coming back to UF, it was funny on the espn board some said something like that, and 5 minutes later there were like 10 people who figured out it was not a Florida fan... its funny how they all entered here at like the same exact time. Im not saying its bad or wrong just saying dont believe people are florida fans because their display name is UF related.

Before I answer. I gave the wrong numbers. It is not 16 yac it is 15+ yards per catch. And there are 5 wrs that have 15+ ypc.

#9 Juaquin Iglesias SR WR: 69 rec 1092 yards 10 TD 15.8 ypc
#18 Jermaine Gresham JR TE: 58 rec 888 yards 12 TD 15.3 ypc
#85 Ryan Broyles FR WR: 42 rec 661 yards 6 TD 15.7 ypc
#1 Manny Johnson SR WR: 38 rec 685 yards 9 TD 18.0 ypc
#84 Quentin Chaney SR WR: 27 rec 467 yards 2 TD 17.3 ypc

And this is no all the threats. Just the ones over 15+ ypc.

I may be wrong here but i think the reason UF does not have that kind of numbers is because we don't run the offense you guys do, we are more a run team and I'd put our backs against any in the country this year. And you may agree with me here Percy Harvin is as good as them( Btw that's saying a lot because i think Percy is awesome) but he just isnt in the offense they are...what do you think?

I wonder if he is a Florida fan.. he said we are going to lose but weakly said i am a Florida fan, and then said something about Football is big down by TExas and Tebow will enter the draft, when Tebow said he is leaning on coming back to UF, it was funny on the espn board some said something like that, and 5 minutes later there were like 10 people who figured out it was not a Florida fan... its funny how they all entered here at like the same exact time. Im not saying its bad or wrong just saying dont believe people are florida fans because their display name is UF related.

we can't rule him out for them acting like that to be honest these OU fans have been fun to talk to, They are not rude like the bama fans we have had to endure during the sec title game.

OU_Sooners75

Gator Fan
I may be wrong here but i think the reason UF does not have that kind of numbers is because we don't run the offense you guys do, we are more a run team and I'd put our backs against any in the country this year. And you may agree with me here Percy Harvin is as good as them( Btw that's saying a lot because i think Percy is awesome) but he just isnt in the offense they are...what do you think?

Harvin is a very good and talented threat that Tebow has. Florida is blessed to have such an impact player.

However, OU can run the ball with the best of them. We are one of just a handful of teams that have 2-1000 yard rushers. DeMarco Murray and Chris Brown.

First I have said no personal insults.

Merely stating what I see from you.

Second the reason they are #1 is because the fact is they are all very talented and know what to do once they get the ball.

This will also be the Best OLine the gators have seen this season. Not saying it will not happen, but Florida is going to have to have one helluva scheme to continually pressure on Bradford. Not only can our OL pass block well, the RBs are very good blockers as well.

I could see why they are number one but i could not believe Spurrier ho-ed us out with his vote, Idk about you guys being the best Line we play. They will be one of the best we played, I think Alabama was nationally recognized as the best. But LSU, Ole Miss and Miami had HUGE OLINEs, but most SEC olines are under the radar cuz of youth and new QBs,

Harvin is a very good and talented threat that Tebow has. Florida is blessed to have such an impact player.

However, OU can run the ball with the best of them. We are one of just a handful of teams that have 2-1000 yard rushers. DeMarco Murray and Chris Brown.

I watched chris brown play after Murray went down in the title game. We dont have them because we have five guys over 500 yards this season.

we can't rule him out for them acting like that to be honest these OU fans have been fun to talk to, They are not rude like the bama fans we have had to endure during the sec title game.

yah but overall that post was meant 2 be a warning for future posters in the next month, they can be deceiving, I know for sure there will be annoying trolls coming with spare time on their hands.

But i am questioning the fanhood of "runner"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema