• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Gameday (11/07/14): Vandy

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Another interesting comment/observation this color-guy on the SEC announcing team came out with:
"Sometimes people, especially coaches, are afraid of change...Muschamp had Driskel with a whole lot of experience on the field, and he kept him out there, stayed with him maybe longer than he might have; Finally put Treon Harris in and their whole season turned from there..."

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
INTERCEPTION....just kidding...HOLDING! There... Gator football in a nutshell. For every good thing there must be a net bad outcome.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
However, this same announcing team, especially the play-by-play guy, has now started the parade of BS:
"Wait a minute--Before the Georgia game a lotta folks had Muschamp with his bags packed...but the way this team has played BETTER--they always played HARD, they just played a little BETTER than before, thanks to the Coach simplifying the game plan, and so forth, and now the picture looks a little different..."
Here it comes, friends.

Escambia94

Yep...and a raise...and an extension...and a statue outside BHG!

This is @DRU2012 's reaction to the news that Muschamp just got a raise...
Angry-Muschamp1.jpg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
INTERCEPTION....just kidding...HOLDING! There... Gator football in a nutshell. For every good thing there must be a net bad outcome.
EXACTLY. Sums up the whole deal. All leading to one of those actually exciting, "TD or Pick"-plays in the end zone. One handed pick. Really nice. Pick and choose your highlights carefully, and it'll look like we just CLEANED 'em, start to finish...and that we're a team-on-the-way-back, "turned the corner", as you warned earlier, E-. Don't know how much you're kidding there re "saving Muschamp's job", but this IS just the script that'd play out to that end.
Will I actually find myself secretly HOPING for a proper "Gator return to (BAD) form"? Maybe don't HAVE to worry about that NOT happening somewhere in the weeks ahead--but if it's just against FSU, it COULD actually turn out "too late". And I can not imagine EVER finding myself rooting for the Noles against us in ANY event. That possibility alone is reason enough for me to HATE Will Muschamp with all my heart, just for even making it "possible".

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
South Carolina, E.Kentucky, and FSU. Our remaining schedule. Don't know about y'all. but I am somewhat, shall we say, "conflicted"?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@Escambia94,
But you MADE this game for me, for ALL of us tonight, bra'.
Helluva roll for YOU, anyway. Not so much our guys, no matter how they paint it on SportCenter, etc.
Hey, thanks!

Escambia94

tumblr_msrg7zPBfI1r1eyf3o1_400.jpg

Coach #BOOM for President!

Just kidding, fellas. I would imagine that South Carolina will be tougher than the mighty Vanderbilt Commodores.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
ESPN: "Hard to believe Florida is a forfeited game and a dropped Tevin Westbrook pass away from being 7-2".
Yeah. Rub it in. But that's what this team's really all about under Muschamp: "What COULD have been..."
Think about the losses....we "woulda shoulda coulda" beaten LSU AND Missouri with ANY kind of decent execution . Then there's the game against the Tide, where we STILL weren't "out of it" on the scoreboard at least at the half, even after doing EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to drop and throw the thing away; only a truly putrid performance after the break, ZERO adjustment and even WORSE sloppiness and confusion got us slaughtered. Now I see Alabama and LSU at 10-10, and I think about all that, the full weight of the colossal missed-opportunity this season has been, and it's just another piece of the whole "gotta get rid of this Coach and start again" puzzle. I'll say it again: We're NOT "close"; We're EXACTLY a reflection of this Coach's limits and potential, right here and now. We might have some streaks here and there, but we will NEVER win a Championship of ANYTHING under him--and we will be frustratingly hard-to-watch in failing to get there, too. Period.
"Close now and then" just isn't acceptable. And that's a GOOD thing.
Meanwhile, much as it satisfies me sour-grapes-wise, Auburn's loss probably seals the SEC's fate in having any shot at putting TWO teams in the playoff...and if the TIDE were to lose tonight, an unbeaten TCU team could end up taking even that one remaining 4th spot--even with MSU ahead of OSU, the SEC may be vying for that 4th spot by the first week of December.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
tumblr_msrg7zPBfI1r1eyf3o1_400.jpg

Coach #BOOM for President!

Just kidding, fellas. I would imagine that South Carolina will be tougher than the mighty Vanderbilt Commodores.
...So I don't have to worry, SS will "do us a favor" and kick our butts? Man, I am just HATING this season more and more!

Escambia94

Florida has the talent to hang with Alabama for a half, and was a dropped pass from beating LSU. Hindsight is 20/20, but I am willing to bet that swapping Harris (or even Grier, for that matter) in for Driskel would have yielded a win against LSU and Missouri.

miltongator

Gator Fan
Say it ain't so!
This was on SDS:
Will Muschamp is likely one win away from keeping his job — No one knows exactly what Jeremy Foley is thinking, but he’s hasn’t exactly hidden his desire to not fire Muschamp. With the program turning things around in recent weeks and apparently heading in a positive direction — what would be a 5-3 record in conference play to go along with at least seven wins on the season — I believe there’s too many aspects in Muschamp’s favor to let him go. Barring an absolutely embarrassing loss against Florida State or an unthinkable defeat to Eastern Kentucky, Muschamp should be back in the orange and blue with a win against South Carolina.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Damn it was a cold night in vandy on Saturday. I'd say unless FSU destroys us or sc upsets us muschamp is back next year. Funny observation from the game every time driskel came off everyone booed. Seemed to be more gator fans than vandy. I moved down after the third and was right behind the band in the fourth and it was awesome to see the Tabor interception live. Vandy's stadium isn't much nice to go and see us win and mark another sec school off the list but idk if I'd ever go back. all in all good trip good win, and most importantly my oldest son enjoyed the game.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Say it ain't so!
This was on SDS:
Will Muschamp is likely one win away from keeping his job — No one knows exactly what Jeremy Foley is thinking, but he’s hasn’t exactly hidden his desire to not fire Muschamp. With the program turning things around in recent weeks and apparently heading in a positive direction — what would be a 5-3 record in conference play to go along with at least seven wins on the season — I believe there’s too many aspects in Muschamp’s favor to let him go. Barring an absolutely embarrassing loss against Florida State or an unthinkable defeat to Eastern Kentucky, Muschamp should be back in the orange and blue with a win against South Carolina.
AAAARRRRGH!!!
...and what I've been fearing, SCREAMING about all along. I think this is pretty realistic, and even "doable"--especially if we win 2 of 'em: one win gives Foley some cover, but 2 might well dampen the inevitable general outrage in Gatornation JUST ENOUGH to make it inevitable--seeing how (as the article points out, and as some of us have been warning for some weeks) Foley is inclined to keep him anyway, "continue to honor his contract" (that's how it'll be played in the media, sort of casually, like "Oh by the way..."), at this point. If E. Kentucky is the only win, there'll be a WHOLE lotta folks who will see that it was a "done deal" the moment he beat UGA, and that their frustration abd disgust was going to be ignored regardless. Aside from mass apoplexy (yes, count me as one more near the head of THAT angry lynch mob), the only real and effective option is to "vote with our feet, asses and wallets"--ie. Fewer advance and walk-up sales and more season-ticket no-shows, plus a serious decline in Officially Sanctioned Gator Paraphenalia, all amount to "hitting 'em where it hurts", the people Foley has to answer to, AND is a clear and obvious public demonstration for all to see.
So that's what it's come to after all? Ealy November and we're down to planning our response to keeping a clearly failing, thick-headedly stubborn Coach who has already lead us to the brink of doom, and is on track to bring in our worst, lowest-rated recruiting class in decades? Sucking now ain't enough? Foleyu has to see us sunk for years to come before he'll move on this? (E-: THAT'S why I am so disenchanted with our AD himself!
@miltongator, : You were out ahead in sounding the alarm here re Muschamp in the first place. I can now better see and understand your frustration is others not grasping where this was all headed sooner.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Florida has the talent to hang with Alabama for a half, and was a dropped pass from beating LSU. Hindsight is 20/20, but I am willing to bet that swapping Harris (or even Grier, for that matter) in for Driskel would have yielded a win against LSU and Missouri.
Yup. TOTALLY agree--and even tho' it does no good to see it, even LESS that we "saw it at the time", were SCREAMING (along with most of Gatornation) for that change to little avail, it is all part of the whole "institutional decline" that not just Muschamp, but Foley himself is in the process of presiding over.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema