• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Game Day: LSU At The Swamp (7:30 pm--10/11/14)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
And WE BLOW IT--Driskel forces it into coverage in the middle. That'll give em EVERY chance at kicking it and getting out of here. Whatever GOOD he managed, he MORE than "made up for it" with typical Jeff Driskel incompetence and poor execution. But Muschamp will point to "all the good things", talk about how it was everyone ELSES fault, and stick with him. You watch.
Guess I wouldn't have minded so much had it gone the other way and we'd SCORED on that 3rd down pass--I'd have figured "Well, he'll blow it and get replaced later..." Thing is, NOW it'll be US trying to stop them from getting ANY further--But they can kick it in from HERE, you realize....long one, but doable.This has been just about the worst kind of "drain me entirely" experience yet--I just won't take anymore of this the moment this sorta "comedy of shittiness" ends in a late loss...

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
Haha!!!! Muschamp don't deserve to win. These players don't deserve to win. If you can't play simple fundamental football then get off the field losers!!!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That's it--50-yarder kills us. ends this charade. So many "opportunities", but that ain't the story--We gave this one away REPEATEDLY. And TWO [people are responsible. Driskel ON the field, Muschamp overall.
I am DONE with his team. That's how I see them now--won't be so involved again UNTIL it's "SOMEONE ELSE'S team".MIGHT watch a Treon Harris-led offense, but even THAT is problematic for me at the moment.
I REALLY hate Will Muschamp now. I mean, "hate" is really the wrong word, ok, but I just don't LIKE the guy, his stubborness, his bullying his own guys for basically doing things HIS way, just not always doing it perfectly. Fuck him.,. I mean it. Get outta town, Will. It ain't YOUR town anymore--if it ever was.
(Karma for bringin' in a Georgia grad?)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Haha!!!! Muschamp don't deserve to win. These players don't deserve to win. If you can't play simple fundamental football then get off the field losers!!!!!
You're right--my MIND agrees with you...But it still hurts to lose, especially THAT way.
Yeah, we THOROUGHLY deserved our fate, that outcome, except THEY didn't "beat" us, we GAVE it to them. Mainly, Jeff Driskel did. Sure, turns OUT different if that freshman receiver catches that 3rd down pass in the end zone--but we "DESERVED" it already by then, this loss--and damn near pulled out another "lucky win" after all.
I don't know...I figured already, way earlier in the proceedings, that any kind of win by then only put a patch over the obvious failings of this team and (above all) it's Head Coach--long with his attached-at-the-hip QB...KNEW thaqt only LOSSES break first that "attachment", gets Treon in there and learning, and eventually breaks Foley and Co. of THEIR attachment to Will Muschamp.
Guess in that light, THIS (the loss, this way) amounts to a "GOOD thing", or at least a better one, long term. First, it gets Treon in there, and now in a not-so-dramatic-and-pressure-packed "need-to-win-under-the-spotlight" sorta situation:; he can learn on the job and make the mistakes he's gonna make NOW, in a down year where we all just wanna see him learn and do well...and meanwhile, I think we're really on the "last-days-of-Will-Muschamp road now, no matter HOW the behind-the-scenes power-play goes. In fact, he gets/stays too stubborn-with-Driskel NOW, he gets the axe SOONER, mid-season (which, btw, as I am again "given to understand", is part of the problem with Foley, who apparently PROMISED him otherwise, that he would "never" do that, which is in turn part of what has HIM on the hot seat in MAKING such promises, especially as late in all of this as he did)--but FOLEY goes and Muschamp goes IMMEDIATELY--and it could happen that way. Still, they BOTH make a LOT of money in their jobs, contracts which are forfeit if they QUIT, so...Yeah, that may NOT be how it plays out, "Pride" and "Honor" notwithstanding. We have a LOT of money in our coffers though--I mean, we are neck-n'neck with Texas for farandaway more cash-in-hand than ANY other University in the land...Good to know, and leaves us quite plenty of room to bite-the-bullet, pay 'em off and get started on "NEXT!". if we choose--and some of the largest behind-the-scenes donors and money-raisers are on-board for "quickest fix possible"...BUT TRHERE HAS TO BE ONE, a "PLAN", one that's doable , with someone everyone can agree would be worth having here, at the very LEAST at ONE of the two key positions we are discussing here, either Head Coach or AD...Of course, Head Coach appears to be the more "immediately important" one, for obvious reasons, but then again, between Foley's own stubbornness so far, AND the guy they have in mind who hasn't said no, more like seems to "wanna put it off a coupla years", well, I've probably said too much already for my friend's comfort regarding this, so I'll stop talking and start, REstart my drinking...But one way or another, The Changes we need ARE coming...)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I have no words for our pitiful coaches and team
y'all prob wish I had "no words" for it... know I do, but this is my way.
But I'm finished now. Refer to my response above to UFgatorfan for my "last words here" for awhile. Think I may really KEEP that promise for a relative "while". At least until either Treon Harris is in there, learnin' on the job , with us not even LOOKING for wins the rest of the way--and THAT will be the ONLY way I can watch our boys now, until Will Muschamp's gone and the "new era", whatever , under WHOMever it is, begins.
Until then, hang in there, friends, "Through all kinds of weather", right?

miltongator

Gator Fan
A small boycott has already started. 88k at the LSU game. If we could get that # down to 70k, they might take notice.

Last edited:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@miltongator,

See my latest posts on "Really guys?"-thread...
(Oh--just checked--and see that you have already--Good job, btw--totally agree, am with you, and will "spread the word" any way I can. However, as I have remarked/explained to E- privately in more detail, I DON'T wish to make my own personal dismay, however strongly, even righteously felt, the sole focus of our site--so I will for now "back off" somewhat in repeating myself over and again. For now, that means responding to everyone ELSE'S posts, but cutting back on my own more editorial contributions. I normally like to "stir things up", as you know. But I can see that at the moment, that would come out as the same theme, just in different words. Don't wanna unilaterally make GE solely a "Fire Muschamp"-site, important and timely as that may be: That is up to everyone else now, certainly you and the others as far as OUR site is concerned. So I can't begin to express my satisfaction, if that's the word here, for your efforts, man--and hope this does indeed spread in a PRACTICAL way. I keep waiting in vein hope for a sudden headline, along lines of "Muschamp Resigns", or "Gators Clean House: Foley, Muschamp Gone For Good"--but don't REALLY expect it: Gonna take something unexpectedly dramatic to build and FORCE that change "before its time", I'm afraid, at least for now. As long as Foley is still the AD. See why HE may be even more "The Key" to change? And why that change hasn't come before now, and still won't? Not until it begins to cost the University real MONEY, I suppose. As we've seen, embarrassment, humiliation, bad press, even across-the-board failure and a dwindling recruiting-class jeopardizing our future ability to fix it all hasn't gotten it done. I guess this kind of cold practicality when it comes to $--along with a NUMBER of successful, rabidly proud and loyal alumni--is part of HOW we became the program with arguably the largest "endowment" in the nation: As I've pointed out elsewhere, it's us and Texas, neck-and-neck but far and away out in front of everyone else.)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I have to apologize. For the longest time I tried to be the voice of reason, but now I see the error in my ways. Screw Will Muschamp and this entire coaching staff. I have seen enough.

awebbf5

VIP Member
I have to apologize. For the longest time I tried to be the voice of reason, but now I see the error in my ways. Screw Will Muschamp and this entire coaching staff. I have seen enough.
Yeah its hard to stomach man. I know the feeling of trying to support muschamp, I did for two years

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema