• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Bites, Week 13: Florida Gators vs Georgia Southern Eagles

awebbf5

VIP Member
It took two head coaches to run it down like this, plus a major overhaul in offense and defense. Also you cannot count out the rise of FSU and Miami, as they chip into our recruiting base. Throw in the increase in spending throughout the SEC. Tennessee, Texas A&M, Auburn, and Missouri are now recruiting in our back yard.

Meanwhile, we are throwing away talented players due to marijuana use while athletes at other schools are raping girls and whatnot.
Muschamp destroyed this can't blame this on Meyer, this is his third year, he is TRASH!

miltongator

Gator Fan
Next week is going to be fun. I am going to keep the faith and say that the decision to fire Muschamp has been made. They're just waiting for the end of the year to do it.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Next week is going to be fun. I am going to keep the faith and say that the decision to fire Muschamp has been made. They're just waiting for the end of the year to do it.
They better, I will call Foley Monday morning again, here is the number if anyone is interested in voicing their opinion on how our football program has turned into trash! 352-375-4683 ext 6000 FUCK YOU MUSCHAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The 3rd string QB is the problem today. He missed all the throws he needed to make.
OK, OK, man--I see it differently. Same as our LAST loss, when the first time he was ALLOWED TO THROW AT ALL was behind in the last couple of minutes, trying to rush down the field. This week, he gets no further work in this area, in a game where they were CLEARLY eschewing ALL concern/coverage of the forwrd pass until the very end--they ask him to win the game with his arm when there's little room, little time, and they can flood the endzone and key on our receivers--basically FOR TWO PLAYS. We just got beat at home by a mediocre (at best) "mid-major" that NEVER COMPLETED ONE PASS--and it's because of our "3rd string QB"?
We HAD a 10 point lead early in the 2nd qrtr, lost Taylor on defense, then just lost focus, momentum, and everything ELSE...Wanna blame it on the "triple Option" too? I mean, we DO have "coaches", and a week to prepare for it.
And we're NOT saying "Fire him!" or "Fire THEM!" because of this one loss, but for everything that this loss demonstrates, reveals, and signifies. Personally, I don't NEED another season to see what I see, realize where we are and where we're headed--and from here, every month, some would argue every WEEK counts as "wasted time" and worse, where another SEASON likely means another TWO SEASONS LONGER that it'll take to come back, no matter WHO the coach will be. Yeah, I take that VERY seriously. But I won't get on you or judge your sincerity--We both want the same things, ultimately...We just have different views of what's wrong in the first place, how bad things are, what's likely to happen withOUT a change, and I suppose who must and/or WILL be held responsible, ultimately have to pay the price.
SO: Does that mean you would think it a bad, or at least a wrong or "unfair" move if Muschamp WERE fired? What about Pease? Do you truly believe that "standing pat", and everything that implies about what things will look like NEXT year (ie. "Same approach, different outcome") will lead to enough of an "inevitable improvement" NEXT season in order for this regime to justify itself and be allowed to carry on?

awebbf5

VIP Member
OK, OK, man--I see it differently. Same as our LAST loss, when the first time he was ALLOWED TO THROW AT ALL was behind in the last couple of minutes, trying to rush down the field. This week, he gets no further work in this area, in a game where they were CLEARLY eschewing ALL concern/coverage of the forwrd pass until the very end--they ask him to win the game with his arm when there's little room, little time, and they can flood the endzone and key on our receivers--basically FOR TWO PLAYS. We just got beat at home by a mediocre (at best) "mid-major" that NEVER COMPLETED ONE PASS--and it's because of our "3rd string QB"?
We HAD a 10 point lead early in the 2nd qrtr, lost Taylor on defense, then just lost focus, momentum, and everything ELSE...Wanna blame it on the "triple Option" too? I mean, we DO have "coaches", and a week to prepare for it.
And we're NOT saying "Fire him!" or "Fire THEM!" because of this one loss, but for everything that this loss demonstrates, reveals, and signifies. Personally, I don't NEED another season to see what I see, realize where we are and where we're headed--and from here, every month, some would argue every WEEK counts as "wasted time" and worse, where another SEASON likely means another TWO SEASONS LONGER that it'll take to come back, no matter WHO the coach will be. Yeah, I take that VERY seriously. But I won't get on you or judge your sincerity--We both want the same things, ultimately...We just have different views of what's wrong in the first place, how bad things are, what's likely to happen withOUT a change, and I suppose who must and/or WILL be held responsible, ultimately have to pay the price.
SO: Does that mean you would think it a bad, or at least a wrong or "unfair" move if Muschamp WERE fired? What about Pease? Do you truly believe that "standing pat", and everything that implies about what things will look like NEXT year (ie. "Same approach, different outcome") will lead to enough of an "inevitable improvement" NEXT season in order for this regime to justify itself and be allowed to carry on?
Exactly!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Can't wait for the 2014 season to start.
Sadly, unless at the very LEAST this OC is gone and Muschamp pretty well separated from anything but a 'keep me informed" connection to the offense, I CAN wait--and I've NEVER felt that way before, not since I was maybe 4 yrs old and first got interested in football--and The Fighin' Gators of University of Florida. This might sound silly (SICK to some, especially some family members back then), but I could have gone to practically ANY school I wanted to, but OF COURSE chose to be a Gator, 'cause it's what I'd always WANTED to be since I was old enough to know anything about what that WAS. There were some detours, but when it was time to finally DO it, and choose a University, there was never really any doubt to me--and though (thankfully) the academics were of high quality as well, certainly not any kind of drawback (I WAS able to win a mid-undergrad scholarship as a 1 yr exchange-student at London School of Economics during my time in Gainesville, and eventually parlayed all of it, grades etc, into a full-ride Fellowship in the USC Masters of Fine Arts/Film-program in Los Angeles after I was done at UF--BUT was NEVER, have never BEEN anything but a GATOR, btw), the truth is that it was GATOR FOOTBALL that was the main reason I had originally gone there, no doubt about it. So for me to come to THIS point, where I must just PUT IT OUT OF MY MIND for however long it takes--and I have no idea how long that will be, I'm somewhat lost here, without precedent--well, it's a bad deal, Gators. I love the team, the program, "bleed orange'n'blue" and ALL that, but I will HAVE to back away for some unknown period, have already begun to do so, make jokes about it and so on if I discuss it at all, until such time as I feel I'm part of its rejuvenation, ...SOMETHING will have to happen, a firing or two seems the most immediate and obvious, before I'm likely to allow myself to get back to the kind of enthusiasm and excited "wait'll NEXT year"-hope I, WE have been able to enjoy , get fired up about all-year-round for quite some time.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Dru I know it sucks to be a Florida gator rt now hang in there who knows maybe Monday Foley makes the right decision!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Muschamp destroyed this can't blame this on Meyer, this is his third year, he is TRASH!
No, I WON'T call him "Trash"...I understand the anger and frustration, feel it myself obviously--but he brought in some great talent and built a fine defense, has had a real impact on discipline and (until lately) pride in and on this team,(overdone sometimes perhaps, but thanx to Meyer somewhat necessary, it could be argued)--and I can't argue his seeming commitment to and intensity in his dedication, in general and in particular as "Head Gator". He's just wrong about a few really fundamental things, mostly regarding (unfortunately) "HOW YOU WIN FOOTBALL GAMES AND DOMINATE IN THE SEC"! The man should NEVER touch another offense, or be allowed to even INFLUENCE it.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dru I know it sucks to be a Florida gator rt now hang in there who knows maybe Monday Foley makes the right decision!
Thanks, aweb--I know you're right, intellectually...It's just my HEART, my spirit that hurts--and will rise up angrily if I let it. I mean, truth be told, I AM REALLY PISSED it has come to this! So obvious what has been developing, an ongoing "multiple-car-crash in slow motion"--and so unnecessary! Again--and this is what is dividing some of us here, a basic difference in how we see this--it isn't just the results, but the way the guy(s) in charge have ignored everything that HASN'T worked and just kept on running it all the same way over and oever and over again as it all came and continues to come apart. There's that saying that you hear a lot nowadays that once again applies here, that thing about "Insanity is repeating the identical behavior again and again, each time expecting a different result..." There's also an old (bad) joke"
"Why is the moron banging his head against the wall? Because it feels so GOOD when he stops."
Let's do ourselves AND the moron a favor. Let's make him stop.

awebbf5

VIP Member
No, I WON'T call him "Trash"...I understand the anger and frustration, feel it myself obviously--but he brought in some great talent and built a fine defense, has had a real impact on discipline and (until lately) pride in and on this team,(overdone sometimes perhaps, but thanx to Meyer somewhat necessary, it could be argued)--and I can't argue his seeming commitment to and intensity in his dedication, in general and in particular as "Head Gator". He's just wrong about a few really fundamental things, mostly regarding (unfortunately) "HOW YOU WIN FOOTBALL GAMES AND DOMINATE IN THE SEC"! The man should NEVER touch another offense, or be allowed to even INFLUENCE it.
I will he's trash

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Not allowed to pass? Not true at all. Face it, the 3rd string QB cannot lead this team to a victory.

1st drive, 15:00 1Q. He threw a lot in the first drive alone, but a 3rd stringer is not going to know how to hit those sideline passes--the easy ones with the WR in one-on-one situations.
1st and 10 at FLA 40 Skyler Mornhinweg sideline pass complete to Valdez Showers for 4 yards to the Fla 44, tackled by Edwin Jackson. 1/1 4 yards.
2nd and 11 at GASO 21 Skyler Mornhinweg screen pass complete to Valdez Showers for 5 yards to the GeoSo 16, tackled by Blake Riley and Matt Dobson. 2/2 9 yards.
2nd and Goal at GASO 10 Skyler Mornhinweg sideline pass incomplete to N/A. 2/3 9 yards. Almost intercepted. 3rd and Goal at GASO 10 Skyler Mornhinweg pass incomplete to N/A. 2/4 9 yards. Almost intercepted. He had no idea where he was going with this ball.

2nd drive, 3:10 1Q. Nothing to see here.
1st and 10 at GASO 19 Skyler Mornhinweg middle pass incomplete to N/A. 2/5 9 yards.

3rd drive, 15:00 2Q. Good pass with the short field.
2nd and Goal at GASO 3 Skyler Mornhinweg sideline pass incomplete to N/A. 2/6 9 yards. 3rd and Goal at GASO 3 Skyler Mornhinweg pass complete to Solomon Patton for 3 yards for a TOUCHDOWN. 3/7 12 yards, 1 TD.

4th drive, 11:19 2Q. The kid was lost.
1st and 10 at FLA 29 Skyler Mornhinweg sideline pass incomplete to Solomon Patton. 3/8 12 yards, 1 TD.
3rd and 7 at FLA 32 Skyler Mornhinweg sideline pass incomplete to N/A, hurried by Kyle Oehlbeck. 3/9 12 yards, 1 TD. Almost intercepted.

6th drive, 2:01 2Q. Again, the kid was lost, and the box was loaded by this point with nowhere to run or throw.
2nd and 8 at FLA 41 Skyler Mornhinweg screen pass complete to Mack Brown for a loss of 6 yards to the Fla 35, tackled by Josh Rowe. 4/10 6 yards, 1 TD.

7th drive, 12:24 3Q. Same as above. Nowhere to run, nowhere to throw, 8 men in the box.
2nd and 8 at FLA 27 Skyler Mornhinweg middle pass complete to Ahmad Fulwood for 5 yards to the Fla 32, tackled by Valdon Cooper. 5/11 11 yards, 1TD. Good pass.
3rd and 6 at FLA 39 Skyler Mornhinweg crossing pass complete to Quinton Dunbar for 3 yards to the Fla 42, tackled by Darius Safford. 6/12 14 yards, 1 TD.

8th drive, 6:16 3Q. Nowhere to run, nowhere to throw, 8 men in the box.
3rd and 8 at FLA 8 Skyler Mornhinweg sideline pass incomplete to Kelvin Taylor, broken up by Josh Gebhardt. 6/13 14 yards, 1 TD.

9th drive, 15:00 4Q. After a good pass, he regresses.
1st and 10 at GASO 23 Skyler Mornhinweg slant pass complete to Solomon Patton for 13 yards to the GeoSo 10, tackled by Tay Hicklin for a 1ST down. 7/14 27 yards 1TD. Impressive pass!
3rd and Goal at GASO 5 Skyler Mornhinweg pass incomplete to Trey Burton. 7/15 27 yards 1TD.

10th drive, 6:45 4Q. Good play on the deep out.
2nd and 10 at GASO 46 Skyler Mornhinweg deep pass complete to Solomon Patton for 46 yards for a TOUCHDOWN. 8/16 73 yds 2 TD. Best pass of the day!

11th drive, 2:57 4Q. Lots of bad passes, with only two good passes in the bunch.
1st and 10 at FLA 36 Skyler Mornhinweg sideline pass complete to Kelvin Taylor for 2 yards to the Fla 38, tackled by Jonathan Battle. 10/17 75 yards 2 TD.
2nd and 8 at FLA 38 Skyler Mornhinweg crossing pass complete to Ahmad Fulwood for 7 yards to the Fla 45, tackled by Tay Hicklin. 11/18 82 yards 2TD. Nice pass.
1st and 10 at FLA 48 Skyler Mornhinweg sideline pass complete to Kelvin Taylor for a loss of 1 yard to the Fla 47, tackled by Tay Hicklin. 11/19 81 yards 2TD. Bad pass.
2nd and 11 at FLA 47 Skyler Mornhinweg crossing pass complete to Quinton Dunbar for 17 yards to the GeoSo 36 for a 1ST down. 12/20 98 yards 2 TD. Nice pass!
1st and 15 at GASO 41 Skyler Mornhinweg crossing pass complete to Quinton Dunbar for 17 yards to the GeoSo 24, tackled by Edwin Jackson for a 1ST down. 13/21 115 yards 2 TD. Nice pass.
1st and 10 at GASO 24 Skyler Mornhinweg sideline pass incomplete to Kelvin Taylor. 13/22 115 yards 2 TD. Bad pass again.
2nd and 10 at GASO 24 Skyler Mornhinweg sideline pass complete to Solomon Patton for 7 yards to the GeoSo 17, tackled by Matt Dobson and Antonio Glover. 14/23 118 yards 2 TD.
3rd and 3 at GASO 17 Skyler Mornhinweg deep pass incomplete to Quinton Dunbar, broken up by Matt Dobson. 14/24 118 yards 2 TD.
4th and 3 at GASO 17 Skyler Mornhinweg middle pass incomplete to Solomon Patton, broken up by Valdon Cooper. 14/25 118 yards 2 TD.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema