• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Bites, Week 1: Florida Gators vs Toledo Rockets

awebbf5

VIP Member
Hey dru. After years of ranting on here can I get a Mack brown sighting, finally when we do he's running down field, not scared of contact. Let's go Gators!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Damn...I'd like to see us get to this QB a little more--put this thing away NOW...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We HAVE to stop them now. Do NOT wanna give up ANY score at this point. Come on D...This is important.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Whew! For a moment I thought they were gonna call some rinky-dink "roughing " call on US!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK...'Bout to be our ball...Any chance we run this thing back and in?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Looking good so far. Florida is outgaining Toledo 222-51. Driskel is 10/11 for 101 yards. 3rd down - Gators 3/5, Rockets - 0/5.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, so much for THAT idea...now we go to "run it out", I guess (am I foolish and greedy, thinkin' "fly" soon as they get a 1st down or 2?)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Only point-of-concern is that we dominated enough to be ahead more than 17-3.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
"defensively we gave up 2 plays" - Will Muschamp

thats a pretty good sign of the sustained defense. imagine if all our starters and injured was playing

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
HALF: Gators lead ToLOLedo 17-3. Driskel 10-11 for 101 yards. Brown 16 carries, 92 yards, 2 TDs. Gators receive in 2nd. Let us see if the ToLOLedo smack talk of the Gators being slow in the second half comes true.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
HALF: Gators lead ToLOLedo 17-3. Driskel 10-11 for 101 yards. Brown 16 carries, 92 yards, 2 TDs. Gators receive in 2nd. Let us see if the ToLOLedo smack talk of the Gators being slow in the second half comes true.
Toledo apparently doesn't know Florida's second half performance lol.

I can't believe our offense, it's awesome.

averages 9.2 yds per pass and 5.6 yds per run. also going into half with 100+ yds in both

and burton has 30 yrds on 2 receptions

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm with you, NG--The D is getting it done, and the offense has mostly been there as well, but like Chomp just said goin' off the field, they shot themselves in the foot , stopped THEMSELVES from breaking this open in the 1st half. Still, think we'll pull away in the third.
GOT to show something in the downfield game before this is over...My "fear", if I have one here, is that we'll get a quick TD or 2 and won't HAVE to do anything but run it out after that (some "fear", huh?): Look, a win's a win, and there's something to be said for "keeping it vanilla", not showing much if you don't HAVE to, but there's the confidence and growth of OUR team's offense to consider, too--and I believe there's great value in letting everyone know we CAN AND WILL throw it deep now, for the sake of everything ELSE we wanna do.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
I'm with you, NG--The D is getting it done, and the offense has mostly been there as well, but like Chomp just said goin' off the field, they shot themselves in the foot , stopped THEMSELVES from breaking this open in the 1st half. Still, think we'll pull away in the third.
GOT to show something in the downfield game before this is over...My "fear", if I have one here, is that we'll get a quick TD or 2 and won't HAVE to do anything but run it out after that (some "fear", huh?): Look, a win's a win, and there's something to be said for "keeping it vanilla", not showing much if you don't HAVE t--and I believe there's great value in letting everyone know we CAN AND WILL throw it deep now, for the sake of everything ELSE we wanna do.o, but there's the confidence and growth of OUR team's offense to consider, too
i agree, but the "run it out" approach is almost necessary to get touches to our other 2 backs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema