• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

GameDay: Saturday Oct. 6 Gators vs. LSU Tigers (The Swamp)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Can't BELIEVE it! ANOTHER penalty wipes out a great run by Gillisley! We are SCREWED...we will not be getting too many chances here, CANNOT hand it to them! Pass outtabounds...man, we are CLOSE, but that does no good at ALL! That pass flew on JD...too hyped up, the whole team, I'm telling ya--and it's gonna cost us unless we settle down soon--I mean, it has already kept us from putting even one drive together, and kept THEIR one drive alive or it would still be 0-0. We've made the dumb mistakes here thus far, though. Either our defense gets a take-away and turns this thing around, or it could well be US that gets "worn down" as the game goes on--too much emotion early with no results can leave a team exhausted later on...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(Hey--I was just about to talk about THEIR QB being less impressive than ours, even when Jeff's having a relatively off-day so far--and there's the pick on a BAD over-throw...we HAVE to cash this one in here, get at LEAST 3, preferably the TD though of course...)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
WTF?!!! Where's the blocking on the stunt? Joyer HAS to see that coming!

mjfan23

VIP Member
Good thing we have a good punter.

Penalties and lack of blocking have killed any chances we have had to put points on the board.

Trey needs to get some touches.

Lets throw one deep, see if we can space some things out... It cant hurt. A long throw and pick is just a punt.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Just got home. I was listening on XM radio on the drive home. I hate how the Gators get penalties all the time at the wrong time. Gators looking sloppy on offense, except when Driskel is running.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
AGAIN!!! Now we're outta FG-range. Pathetic...you have to have an answer to that...and now the pick means NOTHING. Punting has been our one bright spot--which pretty well defines futility on offense, doesn't it?
If they don't find a way to counter these stunting blitzes (and there ARE ways--for one thing, bring Trey Burton in to run the Wildcat in that situation and it turns their advantage into YOUR advantage up front) we are in for a long day...guess they'll have to figure it out at the half, since they keep making it work against us here so far. At least we are playing them even on defense...WHY IS THIS GUY FAIR-CATCHING HERE? 20 yards in front of him of empty grass...I know he's new to this with Debose sitting, but if he's just gonna fair-catch it no matter what, why NOT put Debose back in there, see if he can do something with it, try and get out of the doghouse? Can't be worse--unless the coaches think he'll DROP it? Has he been muffing 'em in practice? Or just sulking and skulking (which is what I hear he's been doing)?
Reed, finally...Reed and Burton need to get more involved in this offense...here we go (still can't get over that last non-return, tho'...makes no sense, the whole deal) Driskel runs for 17, then Dunbar pass for 8--WHERE'S THE FACE-MASK? Aw hell, we can't get a fair break from the stripes even on our home field!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Now who does Driskel begin to remind you of on 3rd down and short--running straight ahead?
Aw man--another flag on the nice 1st down...no flag after all...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Looks like we'll get another few yards here after all on the flag for "too-many-men-on-field"...now it gets declined ANYWAY--stupid waste of time.
Those high snaps are making me nervous... FUMBLE...SHIT! Ripped the ball out of his hands on way by--and there goes our first chance to score.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Figures. Checklist for Gator football the past few years:
[ X ] Screwed by the refs
[ X ] Anemic offense
[ X ] Gouged defense
[ X ] Penalties
[ ? ] Serious injury
[ ? ] Fooled by obvious trick play

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I refuse to live in the past and compare another Gator player to Tebow.
Yeah yeah I know--but I can't help it on those kind of plays...won't say his name, but guess I'll always think of him with a big QB going thru' the line as our best option on 3rd down.
Meanwhile, we have made every mistake we CAN'T make if we want to win this thing...we have played them even-or-better without those crucial errors at the wrong time--this is an excellent LSU team playing at it's best level so far this season, and we have given them their opportunities, and blown OURS.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nice sack--one of these times we're gonna get a strip on that blindside hit.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Figures. Checklist for Gator football the past few years:
[ X ] Screwed by the refs
[ X ] Anemic offense
[ X ] Gouged defense
[ X ] Penalties
[ ? ] Serious injury
[ ? ] Fooled by obvious trick play
Great--thanks...just waiting for the last 2 now...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Now we get our worst field-position in a while unless Debose does something with it--yup, he's in there now...(guess the coaches saw the same thing as us)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema