• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

GameDay: "Mizzou vs Florida in the Swamp" Saturday Nov.3 (Noon Eastern)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
And we go back to the zone and let him complete one for a 1st down on 4th-and-long...if I can see it, why can't THEY?!! Now they get ANOTHER 25 yarder down deep into our end when we go with zone AGAIN! \We need another INT to win this?!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
My God, snatching DEFEAT from the jaws of victory, as they say...If you can't run Sturges in there to kick that FG to put it away, you GO for it, at worst runit down inside the te=n and another 20 seconds or so off the clock--and this is over NOW. Instead, they get one more chance. INT!!! We BARELY dodge a bullet, via 4 INTs by our D--and DON'T EVER BOTHER WITH THAT WEAK ZONE READ against the spread EVER AGAIN.

totenkopf13

Gator Fan
I know ....a win is a win, but this has to be one of the more frustrating teams to watch.

I agree. Hard to watch and very taxing on my patience (read buzz) along with causing major mood swings. I feel like I am bipolar when watching these guys.

8-1. Go Gators!

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
Wins a win....
uploadfromtaptalk1351978398788.jpg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I notice we didn't hear anything more from InkedAdrenaline after his pic-and-cheer about 45 minutes before Kick Off...probably wasn't as much fun as expected (certainly not "rockin", you could TELL). AHHHH! HERE he is! Nice job, man, and you can give us the Swamp's-Eye-View later, if you like...
Another thought strikes me, and I DO NOT MEAN to sound like I am setting up a means by which excuses can be made, but I wonder if that "flu bug" that tore thru' the team starting last weekend (at least that's when the first players actually started coming DOWN with it--opening up Q's as to whether it was at work in throwing them slightly off their game to START with THEN) had anything to do with the continued lack of sync, the follow on to LAST weeks bumbling, stumbling, FUMBLING play showing up THIS week MINUS only the "fumbling" part, thankfully--our turnover-edge here was the only thing that saved us....Were we already Weak? Was that somehow involved with all of our injuries out there today?
And how BAD are those injuries? A NUMBER of them were serious enough to send players into the treatment rooms back under the stands near and/or IN the Locker Rooms, gone for the day at LEAST: Losing continuity and the hard-earned tight teamsmanship finally reconstituted at mid-season in early October, now GONE when we need it most in a contest like this one. Likewise, how bad are the injuries to this team's "Reliable Stars"?!! Will Gillisley and Joyer's be minor, or will they be nagging ones that damage the few decent and reliable things we do on O? Will Sturges be 100% anytime soon?
If we are NOT able to get Sturges and the rest of our first-string line-combos, RBs, and so on back and at full speed any time soon, well, you saw what happened here, at home against a team that shouldn't have been able to keep up with us at THEIR place and we're BARELY able to pull out the game by one TD with a "firstandWIN" in their REDZONE without even a score OR time bled off to show for it, and we hand back the ball on THEIR 25 instead of inside the ten when the Coach chooses to go with the new and at best untested, unpracticed and relatively weak-legged kicker, choosing there of ALL places to go with what is only the low-risk/high odds put-it-away kick if you've GOT with your All American Kicker, and if you don't, you either take a single shot into the "six" or NOT, then taking the remaining shots up the gut trying to bust into the endzone or taking all FOUR of your shots that way from the start...
14-to-7 at HOME, and we looked sloppy doing THAT...
While all of this is going on, amid all KINDS of teams-coming-out-FLAT in the 1st game in November, NOT that we deserve to even THINK about it, really but nonetheless it IS happening, Ol' Miss WAS ahead 10-to-ZIP and outplaying UGA until fairly late-in-the half, when the two guys filling in for the lesser-Bulldogs' injured leaders each screwed up in key situations on consecutive possessions to suddenly, finally take-the-lead 14-10 lead AT THE HALF...NOT that we deserve to even THINK about what THAT might mean, with the offense that WE've displayed these last 2 weeks.
I don't know--maybe this, maybe that, more QUESTIONS than EVER--and, given all the on-field losses maybe Muschamp finally turns Pease loose to revamp the offense into something dynamic instead of continuing to insist on a "clamp down conservative-"/"boringly steady chance-to-win-" described approach. Do we HAVE to lose UGLY TWICE and in the meantime endure "sickening WINS" before finally recognizing that the team's only HOPE for not merely victory but REDEMPTION is to help the young men take the risks necessary to give them the CHANCES to GET there? Richts, not anything LIKE a "great Coach", but in making sure THEY had some fun leading UP to the Game, with obvious advantages gained, in retrospect; then turning his guys lose with some tools and his blessing he has reignited the whole team, ESPECIALLY their offense--so that even when they fell behind to a team not really ready to beat them, they were/are now able to come back with big plays to take and now extend a lead they may easily not ever have seen had the original not occurred against US, and OUR "bad day".
Until we again at LEAST take over the line of scrimmage and shut down teams in the 2nd half, and "dominate to win ugly", or, even better, that offense is somehow finally "turned LOOSE" to find its way, all assuming of course that there will be enough healthy front-line players to even begin to begin to play that way to begin with...
The thing is, watching Georgia NOW, after they'd been GIVEN that chance and NAILED it, they are doing it more and more consistently now, and with more and more CONFIDENCE--And THAT should be US: WE should have and COULD have done that against them--the proof was how close we came to pulling off a victory looking like the jerky out-of-sync mess we were today, and knowing that instead of that mess, we might have turned things around right THEN AND THERE. Instead, here's Georgia being handed a game AGAIN by the other team, Ol' Miss doing an even better "solo give-away spree"-Demo than US last week in reacting to Georgia handing THEM every opportunity in the first half, yet coming out sprinting away by the end of that half ANYWAY.
AS it is, UGA now looks like (and by now probably IS, it pains me greatly to say) the more powerful and deserving representative of the SEC-East--while WE currently look like a team that isn't sure ITSELF that it belongs in the company they've somehow found themselves in.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I know that when I go to games, I cannot get cell phone reception once I enter the turnstiles. I would imagine that InkedAdrenaline did not have a good signal for a while.

Today's game was quite ugly. This is what I would have expected of the Gators earlier in the season, not this late. The Gators were improving and getting support from the media, then they fell flat but were still winning and still getting support from the media (and the fans). That Georgia game shattered everyone's faith in the Gators, and today's game did not help.

The silver lining is that the defense is dependable. The Gators are 8-1. Yeah. That is all I have.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
Possibly good be the flu bug, dunno. But the offense played like shit. The swamp was dead and I mean dead. Few cheers when D came thru but moral was down. Either way wins a win. CHOMP CHOMP

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
One more thing: While a Win IS a Win, not all WINS are created equal. We need more than just wins, are CAPABLE of more than "just wins", and the point here is that we won't even GET "just wins" if that is all we continue aiming for...We'll ultimately lose to FSU, and a 10-and-2 season will feel like a loser--and it will BE one, compared to what COULD have been--and we will KNOW it, almost as well as our players, who will be sure of it thru and thru.
I am now openly PLEADING with Will Muschamp and the rest of his staff, Pease in particular and the rest of his offense's "Braintrust":
Will, TURN IT LOOSE before it's really TOO LATE! Permit Pease to give them the design and plays to suit what weapons are left, then let our offense find its own wild way. Sure , "LATER" we'll have better offense with more depth, more talent, better luck with injuries and so on, but we are still here NOW with just one close loss to our top-5 deadly rival, as we leave the SEC-schedule and head into the home-stretch THIS season with a chance to win out, play in a BCS game and head into NEXT season feeling good and confident in where we are and where we're headed--and there's something ELSE, a statement to be made about what kind of a coach and team you are here to create...OR, we continue to hold onto what we've already accomplished "by our fingernails", playing a brand of football that if it were music, it would be "The Sound of Nails on Glass". If we're gonna go down let it be in a noble cause, our own redemption/rebirth, a brave and exuberant TRY at returning to that "Feel the Fire" excitement we all felt as the season was originally building: Either we make it or we don't, but TRUST us this time--trust your players and THEIR drive, talent and feelings, trust the power of your fans' support, and trust your own prior preparations and guidance: It's OK to turn it all loose now...in truth you, ALL of us now have little to lose and EVERYTHING to gain.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Possibly good be the flu bug, dunno. But the offense played like shit. The swamp was dead and I mean dead. Few cheers when D came thru but moral was down. Either way wins a win. CHOMP CHOMP
Again, THANX, Bra'...That "SWAMP dead zone" was something I anticipated, then noticed was definitely HAPPENING. So: What's the vibe? Obviously, the problem is the offense, and even I'M starting to think the Big ROCK sitting on its back (and hence OURS) is the Head Coach--I continue to support him, am NOT talking about him leaving or anything, but I think he is just maybe too cautious in insisting that we take as few chances as possible, that with ever-thinning depth this season from injuries is insisting that offense take fewer chances than EVER--when it is in mine and OTHERS' view that turning what we have left LOOSE, TRUSTING their skills and preparation with the best plan and twists Pease's creative offensive mind can come up with to just have some fun and let it FLY would do for this team what it really needs, push things to an emotional catharsis that will in turn give us a measure of both redemption and relaxed confidence on the other side--send us rampaging thru' the rest of our regular season's schedule, our ONLY chance at beating FSU (at least from where we're at now), a BCS game in January, and something approaching a mix of calm confidence and fiery passion heading towards the seasons ahead among our players, and fans far and wide in "Gator Nation". There's a lot of frustration with our offense here, of course. What are you hearing among fans there at the game?
(Btw--I was talking about that Flu-bug thing even BEFORE the game, proposing its possible effect on both LAST week's bad showing, and even more "likely" its impact THIS week...Don't want to give OR hear about "excuses", but wouldn't be surprised if this were a factor, which we'd only become more likely to buy into if and when we just seemed to "naturally" gain strength, enthusiasm, stamina and more efficient success in all areas of our offense's game plan and execution--and even THEN could only CLEARLY separate it from other factors if we get most of our other players back from THEIR injuries. Of course, if we got healthy AND had Coach turn Pease's offense loose and things just FIRED OFF from there, most of us would probably just be happy about it and be ready to just "GO with it!")

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
Muschamp is definitely NOT the problem. Offensive line needs to step up and driskwl needs to make some plays... I live our coach!

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
Btw, they didn't announce the turnout, but we were FAR from a sell out. We had a lot of bandwagon jumpers cuz there were ALOT of empty seats after our uga loss...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The W is appreciated. Jeff has to make better decisions with the football, and we need to recruit some talented WR's
As I have also begun to argue in more detailed and heartfelt fashion, Dale, I believe our Head Coach has become MORE cautious and conservative as a combination of factors--injuries, sickness, carelessness, and concerns about our all around balance and fitness--have caused him to reign this offense IN, hoping we don't beat ourselves while defense and Special Teams kept us in and even leading in a string of early games, forging that "path to victory" that seemed to bring us success in the early going--but by now the same caution is constricting this team, especially its offense--both practically, in its specific performance, and emotionally, on the way to a resulting "TIGHTNESS" that has become an actual drag on our energies and a threat to our season, and beyond...Hence, my "open letter" to Coach Will two comments above (beginning, "One more thing:").

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I would guess there are a lot of bandwagon jumpers AND kids that cannot get out of bed before noon.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Muschamp is definitely NOT the problem. Offensive line needs to step up and driskwl needs to make some plays... I live our coach!
Don't get me wrong: I TOO "love our coach"...I'm not even sure he is the reason for whatever is choking our offense, leading to this "failure to try" certain things (I even changed "Stubborn" to "cautious" in my comment to you above that asked you about all this, when I reread it and decided it was more negative than I actually felt)...I just know he is involved in every decision and overall philosophy behind the game plan in each game, and I DO get the impression that he for now believes that we are just too limited in our talent, depth, options and experience on offense right now, that our strengths lie elsewhere, we can and have won so far with a certain combination of those strengths and that these currently continue to give us our best chance to KEEP winning. While I agree and approve of the toughness and gritty determination (among so many OTHER strengths) that he has so far built into this team that have already made us a new Gator team, I also believe that circumstances MAY have brought us to a crossroads, and we need to make a decision to TAKE A CHANCE with our offense, let our OC adapt some things to the situation at hand (a combination of the way teams are now playing us, some missing pieces and our shaky state-of-mind) for the guys remaining whose strengths and talents he knows and understands, to a TEAM that is, thanks to a barely-functioning offense, teetering on the brink between falling on its face, and rediscovering itself and settling back in for its stretch run--and in the end, no matter who or what (if anything) is "to blame", CHOMP is responsible for any "Go/NoGo"-decision. Hence, My "open letter", above.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
As for that last picture of what I assume was the Swamp at about what, mid- or late-1st quarter or so?
There are all sorts of related explanations, y'all have already thrown 'em out there, but the fact remains, there has been a steady decline in "total commitment"/"gators right-or-wrong"-type following that was the dominant gut-level shared feeling among all students and an ALWAYS solidly reliable cross-section of Alumni and locals who insured, if not a complete sellout, something always close enough to it for you to seldom find empty seats in there until the last few moments of a Blow Out--and this was true even in 1979's 0-10-and-1 depressing futility, right thru to the end of the season. Of course, the stadium was smaller (held 20K LESS), and I won't say we were paying much attention to the games by the halves that year--it was just the best social scene for Gators in that Student Section, we had fun with projects like "How to haul a keg by rope up 6 stories of wall and into that Student Section without it getting spotted and confiscated by Stadium security", not to mention the hardly-mythological reality that the stoniest place in the State of Fla. during those years was downwind of Florida Field on Home Game Saturdays in Gainesville!
Having said all that, I still find it sad that even with last weeks "fall from grace", so DRAMATIC was the fall-off in crowd-size AND level-of-enthusiasm among those who DID show up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema