• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

GameDay: "Mizzou vs Florida in the Swamp" Saturday Nov.3 (Noon Eastern)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I don't see a lot of halftime adjustments, unless "continue to suck" is part of the adjustment.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We can't block anybody!! WTF is our problem???
WE are playing a patchwork O-line that was under-performing to begin with...and our D-line breks down on 3rd and long again. OMG this is horrible to witness. Can we have another halftime to make NEW adjustments? D-line breaks down again. We cannot stop them now, passing OR running! Our guy jumped offsides. Easley, who should know better. Where is our VAUNTED D? ANOTHER 10 yard run! If the D can't play better than this, we will lose this game. YIKES! They are handling US up front!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
That "scrambled egg spread offense" is neither Boise State nor Florida-like. It can work as long as the backs are all chipping the defenders that are running through the turnstile offensive line.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Thank God Franklin is WAY over-rated: he had a guy clear at the 5, over throws him for US to get the INT to Elam...Notice I'm NOT all excited... We may yet win this with those kind of bail-outs gifted us by Mizzou O, but here is what I was about to say jst before that pick, and still completely holds true:
"Never mind the flow of the game, what little there is for US...It is time to step back and take a REALITY CHECK. This Gator squad has by now well-demonstrated a full-on mid-season regression. Now, some of it is that we are back to--(Touchdown, but flag on otherwise wide open play--we take MORE important points-off-the-board, at crucial time in shaky performance--BUT GILLY FIXES THAT--TD RUN ALL THE WAY FROM MID-FIELD..I was about to note how every really nice long TD pass this year had been called back--STILL true--but coming back and getting it done 2 plays later that way should begin to shake things loose--and don't underestimate value of that pass nowhere-to-be-seen-on-the-stat-sheet but nonetheless huge in a positive sense for our offense and a NEGATIVE one for their D--and that's why you go for it in this situation, with this kind of team after last week's kind of performance, RIGHT FROM THE START OF THIS GAME!!!--Meanwhile, I WAS gonna make a statement about that being a chance for a 14-pt swing that could begin to open this game in our favor, but I jus wan't fast enough in getting it out there...Even BETTER, the Gators were quick to get it done.
Now: Our D has GOT to stop letting them DRIVE on 'em...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
They're back at mid-field AGAIN...they need to drop this "zone offense! It isn't our strength, we aren't used to running it, and they are tearing up a\ Defense that should be able to stop them EASILY!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Now our D is missing tackles again, like early in the year...OH OH...We ARE living dangerously...This isn't "bend but don't break", it's bend and bend again!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Grounding! 10 yards AND down-loss--and it happens when we switch back to man-to-man!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK--we've driven them all the way back to mid-field. Lesson: Do not BOTHER with that "zone-read adaptation-to-the-spread"--it defends nothing but US from being able to STOP them!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Debose is hurt too? That only leaves Saunders back on punts--and he is a "muff-waiting-to-happen".
I just turned up the sound in time to hear these announcers talking about our supposed "National Championship" chances, and for once I agree with the one who is saying "they aren't of the caliber to be spoken of in that way" (as we stumble around back there and then as they net a starting point on our 42)--NO SH*T, dude... as a follow up to last week, I can't find ANYTHING encouraging here, even if we DO mange to somehow take over and dominate from now until the end of this one--which doesn't feel comfortable OR likely. 7 pts up with 7 minutes left, and them with the ball on our side of mid-field, and us not looking real consistent at ALL today. Can you believe that at this point, all Muschamp is trying to manage is a 7 pt win ? We get it back at our 7...is a depressing pattern developing here?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Our best hope, most likely "road-to-victory" now is to manage to freeze it here, at 14-7. Remember, with our FG kicker and now Gillissley down, (and now JOYER is limpimg off--at the exact point in the game when we MUST run the ball--now Gator bad luck and injury avalanche is taking over...NOW MACK BROWN GOES DOWN--and we have no choice but to throw--and almost a pick-6. GEEZ--and we hrdly burned ANY time there. I am watching this with the sound off now, PICK!!! Bostic all the way to Mizzou's side of the field! Man, that may have saved our butts, and I give SOME credit to our D--but Franklin has helped us a LOT here today...Drsikel runs it, and he HAS to--he's the last runner we've got...But Jones is back, the freshmen replacing the injured O-linemen are starting to get some traction, and we're finally starting to move the line-of-scrimmage. We ARE going to win this one guys (as ANOTHER O-lineman, Halapaio?, goes down), but we just marked time from LAST week and didn't learn anything...unless these are mostly "dingers" they'll come back from, we are now once again so banged up that we might have LESS than EVER! ..And of COURSE the FG is no good...they shouldn't even have let him try, with Sturges out, should have just run some more seconds off. They still have an outside chance here if they can manage a play or two.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema