• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

GameDay: Gators vs. JU "Gamecocks" in the Swamp (Sat.Nov.17)

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
Um, you watching the same game I am, NG? He hasn't thrown ONE accurate pass since I started watching here--and only one of them could you say was rushed. Sorry.

yep, how many times has it been dropped too, this is his first game since last year vs bama, he'll make adjustments and get his nerves controlled.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yikes! I just saw a few seconds here and there on my phone, then the last 5 and 1/2 min. of that Half once I got home, and I am just completely frustrated ALREADY!!! The early scoring (and what the announcers are saying now) seemed to start things right, but everything since (including all I saw) is just a typical "2012 Gator Tease":
Gators just scream down field on 3 or 4 plays (all to Hines...Hmmmm...), then start f*ckin' around with false starts and poor execution, leading to another BLOCKED FG??? I'm just about ready to call this a 10-and-2 season and BAIL--I mean it. I cannot STAND the idea of watching them play "grind it out/play it safe" against JACKSONVILLE STATE, when it's CLEAR we need to get ourselves UNTRACKED on offense for the sake of this team's psyche AND our chances NEXT week. If we end up even winning this at 17-10 or something I will be in a complete state of full-on angry disgust by the final gun. If only they had just taken that Hines-drive IN like it seemed like they had there before the complete meltdown-routine we have seen all-to-often before, I'd obviously feel better, but what I am seeing is the same old "Yawn--wake me when we HAVE to do something to win"-attitude, and the Coaches need to start worrying about THAT.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
yep, how many times has it been dropped too, this is his first game since last year vs bama, he'll make adjustments and get his nerves controlled.

True--but you see the problem here, for BOTH QBs: little protection (never enough), receivers who don't come back when you have to run around, don't REACH-back when it isn't exactly where it "should" be thrown, and too often DROP it when it's RIGHT ON THEIR HANDS!!! I feel bad for Jacoby--but I have also been saying (and feeling) the same thing for Jeff. Even our "best" guys (aside from Hines) are inconsistent at best with the ball in the air...This is a travesty, considering our long history of Gator-ball.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
i think the gators play around the level of their competition
Sure, no doubt about it--but like ANY "bad habit", the longer it goes on, the harder it is to BREAK...Know where I'm going with this (and you're right: I've always admitted I'm a "half-empty"-guy, especially when we are stinking up the stadium, and lately they keep playing "down to their competition-on-its-WORST-day", so I have VERY "little faith", at this point...BUT it shouldn't be THAT hard to "win me back": JUST PLAY WITH POISE AND PRIDE!...and don't wait for the last play to "pull it out", NOT against an FCS team, PLEASE?)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nice catch by Dunbar--on the 3-yarder. Um, GOTTA burn these guys here...Geez he LOSES yardage on 3rd and 4..and he had time: No ONE CAME BACK! That's what I MEAN!!! And we get another dumb penalty...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Again: we had a great opportunity to drive it there...NOW they have it close to their goal-line, but still: This isn't how we should HAVE to play these guys. We already KNOW we have the ficking advantage over MOST teams...What we NEEDED today was a sharply run offensive performance. Don't get me wrong: This is NOT Jacoby Brisset's fault: Driskel's running prowess would probably have helped us here at least 2 or 3 times that I have seen--but that's one MORE thing we didn't need to "work on" here today ANYWAY. Oh well, let's see if our "D" can set us up for an easy score...

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
Good lord, our Defense is going to be an unstoppable force next year. They have played lights out all year and once our Offense gets established, we will win a NT. I'm predicting next year, undefeated, given our recruiting for prospects and the positions that will be filled.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
PICK SIX BOSTIC!!! I was just about to say "Maybe the "D" can SCORE--eliminate the MIDDLE man"...and there it IS! A SEVEN YARD TD!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Again, NG: Can you imagine what this team could be with that defense-to-come PLUS just a HALF-decent offense?!! I mean, with Taylor , Joyer, Jones and an improved O-line coming, just a COUPLE of young playmakers at WR and we will be UNBEATABLE!

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
Again, NG: Can you imagine what this team could be with that defense-to-come PLUS just a HALF-decent offense?!! I mean, with Taylor , Joyer, Jones and an improved O-line coming, just a COUPLE of young playmakers at WR and we will be UNBEATABLE!

i think our defense could just play iron man football and run the offense too

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Does our defense have more points this year that the offense?;)
(laughing) It's funny, 'cause if it isn't true, it OUGHTA be! Sure feels like it. I mean, just like that blocked punt LAST week--normally we USED to think "OK, let's take it IN!" when defense or special teams got us the ball deep, but now you think, "Whew, good they took it IN!" after such plays.
(DAMN--GREAT punt--We had it at mid-field otherwise, although a proper fair catch would have SAVED 20 yards there...)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
NICE run, Gilly! Over a hundred, I think...ANOTHER 8 for him THERE...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We are "rolling again--but who knows? Man, Brisset is just screwed if there's no one open on the called play: Driskel can "fix" that with his running, but with no receivers coming back to help him, Brisset can't do anything with it.
Then someone on the O-line misses their block on the crucial 3rd-and-2 to PU the 1st down--and Gilly is hit cold in the backfield for no gain...PUNTing time...That's ANOTHER drive where a miscue or some OTHER O-line screw-up ends it in a punt...But again, with our special teams and defense, I guess you could say "we got 'em right where we want 'em..."
STILL: This is NOT what we needed to work on this week.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Damn near threw another INT--if he'd actually been able to throw it where he wanted to, it may well have BEEN...
Another punt...AGAIN we let them get off a bouncer that goes 47 yards--his best today.
For those not actually watching (Hammond gets a first down on a hitch route), they just showed Driskel walking around on the sideline--No "boot", btw...Gators on their side of the field again...
Nice throws on the last 2 plays, good fake--actually, REAL nice "touch" throws the last two plays.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema