• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

GameDay: Gators vs. JU "Gamecocks" in the Swamp (Sat.Nov.17)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, as my relatively "late" posting of this thread indicates, there isn't much to really mark this game in a positive fashion going IN, except of course that it is "SENIOR DAY". Always emotional, this year there are some extra-special factors to be noted: Mainly, the great "roller-coaster ride" that this last 4-to-5 years has been--"ending" (for these seniors) on a huge "UP" that seems in every way a "BEGINNING" of what may well come one day to be known as a "Golden Age" of Gator ascendance. Regardless, these guys are the ones that stayed, stuck it out and saw things through, who weathered all the changes--not just IN the Coaching staff, but in their complete changing of the whole philosophy and approach to every phase of the game, who would stay, who would play, and what would be required of each of them every step of the way: From the locker room, through the practice field, to GAME DAY!
The most amazing and happy part of it all is HOW WELL IT HAS WORKED, at least as reflected in our record this season. The question that no one really wants to ask, for fear maybe that it'll just "fall away" with any close inspection, is "Has it all just been the 'good breaks' finally catching up and evening the balance for us?". Here's the thing, though: we HAVEN'T been especially "lucky" this season...any one of us could produce a lengthy list of crappy things we've had to deal with AGAIN this year. No, our "tenacity" and ability to "hang in there and seize the moment when things turn our way" is very real: This team, led by the seniors--who have seen it ALL, Btw--has made it's own breaks most of the time. As we saw last week, it's a two-edged blade...We can't afford to just "cruise" yet against ANYONE; we got into trouble there, as we have at times all season, only when we "relax the pedal", what is sometimes referred to as "playing down to the competition". We just aren't a deep and balanced enough team (especially as reflected in elements of our offense--almost EVERY element) to do that at the moment.
So: I don't KNOW if we can even "wake up" that early in the first place, BUT: This would be a REALLY good time to buckle down and play a whole 1st half of tight, somewhat (for us) balanced version of Gator Football--the kind of total effort that has always seemed right there just out-of-reach. We know it is doable: We see it in drives here and there that seem to come JUST as we're about to blow our brains out our ears! Put a whole HALF together like those clutch-drives though, guys, and we WILL find ourselves being ABLE to substitute freely by fairly early in the 3rd quarter, I guarantee it...

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
This will be the last group of seniors with playing time in the 2008 and 2009 seasons. This group has seen a lot. Let's send them out with a win in their last game at the Swamp!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This will be the last group of seniors with playing time in the 2008 and 2009 seasons. This group has seen a lot. Let's send them out with a win in their last game at the Swamp!
My hope is that the Swamp CROWD will show up in the kind of numbers that will show both our respect and admiration, and (as we well know) can make a DIFFERENCE in, if not raw "outcome" (a lot of empty seats witnessed that unexpectedly exciting ending LAST week), then the feeling of "inevitability" to Gator dominance when our team is "riding that WAVE". I mean, a mild, fair day, the last home game of a VERY successful home schedule, and Senior Day on top of it all: C'mon, folks! The rest of us would be there if WE could: You've got seasons' passes and make no mistake, this IS a "meaningful game" to this team, anyway.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Supposedly these kids here don't like getting up before noon. Why is it that LSU only had one early game, but Florida gets all early games?

miltongator

Gator Fan
It's blacked out here in NW Florida too. Can't even get it on the radio here....what a pain. Listening via Gatorzone on the 'puter.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
I'm watching on ESPN Watch online, I'm glad Brisset is squashing peoples doubt. Grant it he is only at 55% completion and some mistakes, but he's been only playing reps in practice, so this is his butterfly game. He is at almost 100 yrds passing though and we are seeing some new Offensive drives

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK--just got back after getting dragged into being "the Guy", know what I mean? Just in time to see that last Hines-play...hadn't been able to even FOLLOW it closely 'tl now--only the score...We ARE looking a little better today, little I've seen of it, though it seems we should heave more points...Touchdown HINES! Man, he just burning it UP today! Wtf? REVIEW? For WHAT?!! Oh, he stepped out-of-bounds there--JUST before fighting his way in, at the 4...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Aw, here come the dumb penalties to take us back...Bad snap, stupid penalty, LET'S GO FOOLS!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
ANOTHER penalty flag--and btw: Brisset is NOT a "runner"...we are just moving BACK! This sucks!

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
Brisset is doing better than I thought, his reads are spot on, just need him and or recievers to get on the same page. Once that happens it'll be magic

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
and the biggest thing i've noticed today, is how comfortable he seems when dropping back in the pocket, you can tell he trusts his O Line and it's a new look for us

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That's TWO dumb penalties in a row, just procedural...PATHETIC! THIS is why we haven't scored much! GEEZ--TERRIBLE throw! Of course, NOW he knows how it is to have to rush...That last one had the receiver WIDE open...now ANOTHER bad throw...FG Blocked! That was truly a SAD series by our side: A REALLY nice drive, completely bumbled once we were inside the 5! This is what I've been missing? Now THEY are moving the ball--I wish OUR receivers would go after the ball like theirs seem to do...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Brisset is doing better than I thought, his reads are spot on, just need him and or recievers to get on the same page. Once that happens it'll be magic
Um, you watching the same game I am, NG? He hasn't thrown ONE accurate pass since I started watching here--and only one of them could you say was rushed. Sorry.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Take a shot, guys--what the hell--one completion and maybe a FG shot...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nice throw that time--but Dunbar drops it wide-open, almost 20 yds. downfield. YOU SUCK!!! Sorry, but that was just a woeful 5 minutes of end-of-1st-half football. Man, this team will get SLAUGHTERED by the 'Noles if they don't flip the switch HERE soon, mark my words...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema