• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day Thread: Florida vs. Furman

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Will, Will, Will what have you done to my Gators?
Now, now--Coach Boom doesn't get on the field and play, and he can't be with every group at once in practice: he HAS to trust the coaches to implement his overall philosophy, while they are ALSO mainly responsible for preparing them emotionally and "motivating" them, as much as that is either necessary (in the case of a psychologically healthy team), or even possible (in the case of a screwed up one, like ours). As who is responsible for (RIDICULOUS pass interference call--UNCATCHABLE, and he hardly pushed him ANYWAY...LOUSY call--which we don't NEED) for that mess, can be debated. I just don't see how Muschamp is the guy who did all that. He basically inherited this team, as is. It will be what he does in the next couple of years that he will be judged by, and rightly so. But for now...
Furman driving AGAIN (helped by that crappy call, of course...); this defense has NOT fully adapted even now, in the 4th qrtr. Man, just PUT THIS TEAM AWAY.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I'm back. I left for a bit, followed the game via Twitter, and am now watching on JustinTV. The Gators are looking better.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Easley is a real problem...he screws up more than he helps with his play. Meanwhile, we have to pull him off while they calm him down. Elam playing hurt, obviously. Brantley now probably finished for the game with HIS injuries. Rainey is at 70%, tops, and Demps shouldn't be in there at ALL...STILL no Gillisley. If he isn't secretly injured (always a possiblity with the "KGB-level-sharing-of-info" from this staff), then count me officially among those joining the "Weis has his head up his @$$"-club.
Meanwhile, DEMPS tackles himself. Too early for kill-the-clock. I mean, I know we don't have our first string RBs, our best and receiver (Reed is out since early in the 3rd), or our main field-leader and still most reliable QB, but they KNEW this was a possibility coming INTO the game. Why not put in the offense you WOULD have had in there by now if we had ROLLED ALL OVER THEM as expected? That is: Driskel OR Brisset, Gillisley and Joyer, Dubose and "whomever" at WR, and ask the O-line to "Do Your Jobs For One Damn Drive".

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Our O line can't even move Furman. I don't even want to see what happens when the hated noles come to town.
Yeah. "Embarrassing" isn't even strong enough. The whole group are gutless, heartless STIFFS.
INTERCEPTION! TO THE HOUSE! OK. This will now "LOOK" better than it was, as far as the scoreboard is concerned--but watch: ESPN, etc. will (rightly) cover this as "a near disaster developing early, before Florida asserted itself at the end..." And that still gives us more credit than we deserve here.
Your point is sadly well-taken, mg: I HAD hoped that MAYBE we could make that game interesting, but NOW...I figure the only (small) hope we have is that after THIS performance, along with everything else, perhaps the MOLES will take US as lightly as we took Furman (and I don't want to HEAR about how we were "caught looking ahead"--yeah, that happens, especially for THAT game, but we could say that EVERY year, and it's just a lame excuse--in fact, that thing you were so bugged about on the thread you started, mg, the point about how Muschamp wants ideally a steadier, more consistently composed team that approaches each game on its own, and with a similar kind of attitude and level of seriousness and enthusiasm, that idea and the dangers of what can happen WITHOUT it was perfectly demonstrated here today.
Anyway, missing SO many players from our squad for that next game, possibly even without Brantley (this was SUPPOSED to be a SHORT and EASY day for Brantley--should have maybe SAVED that great day he had for NEXT time, instead of maybe expending it AND gotten re-injured in the process here in this one), well, that may have killed whatever "puncher's chance" we might have had there (if we HAD a "puncher" or two more than we do)...
As it is, well, uh, HEY: does Weis maybe actually have some of that "creative imagination" he was supposed to be noted for--the kind the FURMAN-OC came up with to knock us back on OUR heels? Of course, the fact that they seemed to get it back AGAIN at the start of the SECOND half puts it back on the Gator DEFENSE to at least SOME extent...wasn't as bad or as sustained as at the start of the game, but we still were made to look BAD again. As I suspected from fairly early on this season, it isn't JUST our preponderance of "smaller, faster guys" even on the lines that was the reason for why we were getting pushed around up front on BOTH sides of the ball, it was ALSO a lack of heart, guts, motivation, enthusiasm, WHATEVER you want to call it, there was SOMETHING missing there, and it was PROVEN today, when WE had the bigger, stronger lines--and got pushed around as badly as EVER. Now I must add another possibility as well: this staff has not reacted nor adapted well--to ANYTHING unexpected that is thrown at them. Again, it is hard to know how much "blame" goes where, but the fact is that SOME portion of it falls right on the shoulders of the guys on the sidelines and upstairs, with their spotters, and headphones and photos and so on...whatever else you might say about the players themselves, by the time the game is on and they are in a fight, they want and NEED the coaches help and guidance: you've GOT their attention, however belatedly. It's no time for uncertainty or confusion.

miltongator

Gator Fan
Yeah. "Embarrassing" isn't even strong enough. The whole group are gutless, heartless STIFFS.
INTERCEPTION! TO THE HOUSE! OK. This will now "LOOK" better than it was, as far as the scoreboard is concerned--but watch: ESPN, etc. will (rightly) cover this as "a near disaster developing early, before Florida asserted itself at the end..." And that still gives us more credit than we deserve here.
Your point is sadly well-taken, mg: I HAD hoped that MAYBE we could make that game interesting, but NOW...I figure the only (small) hope we have is that after THIS performance, along with everything else, perhaps the MOLES will take US as lightly as we took Furman (and I don't want to HEAR about how we were "caught looking ahead"--yeah, that happens, especially for THAT game, but we could say that EVERY year, and it's just a lame excuse--in fact, that thing you were so bugged about on the thread you started, mg, the point about how Muschamp wants ideally a steadier, more consistently composed team that approaches each game on its own, and with a similar kind of attitude and level of seriousness and enthusiasm, that idea and the dangers of what can happen WITHOUT it was perfectly demonstrated here today.
Anyway, missing SO many players from our squad for that next game, possibly even without Brantley (this was SUPPOSED to be a SHORT and EASY day for Brantley--should have maybe SAVED that great day he had for NEXT time, instead of maybe expending it AND gotten re-injured in the process here in this one), well, that may have killed whatever "puncher's chance" we might have had there (if we HAD a "puncher" or two more than we do)...
As it is, well, uh, HEY: does Weis maybe actually have some of that "creative imagination" he was supposed to be noted for--the kind the FURMAN-OC came up with to knock us back on OUR heels? Of course, the fact that they seemed to get it back AGAIN at the start of the SECOND half puts it back on the Gator DEFENSE to at least SOME extent...wasn't as bad or as sustained as at the start of the game, but we still were made to look BAD again. As I suspected from fairly early on this season, it isn't JUST our preponderance of "smaller, faster guys" even on the lines that was the reason for why we were getting pushed around up front on BOTH sides of the ball, it was ALSO a lack of heart, guts, motivation, enthusiasm, WHATEVER you want to call it, there was SOMETHING missing there, and it was PROVEN today, when WE had the bigger, stronger lines--and got pushed around as badly as EVER. Now I must add another possibility as well: this staff has does not reacted nor adapted well--too ANYTHING unexpected that is thrown at them. Again, it is hard to know how much "blame" goes where, but the fact is that SOME portion of it falls right on the shoulders of the guys on the sidelines and upstairs, with their spotters, and headphones and photos and so on...whatever else you might say about the players themselves, by the time the game is on and they are in a fight, they want and NEED the coaches help and guidance: you've GOT their attention, however belatedly. It's no time for uncertainty or confusion.

You got that right. Sadly, we will have to wait till next year to get a better handle on what the biggest problems were. Still doesn't make it feel any better. And am pretty disappointed in what appeared to be a lack of improvement during the course of the year. For whatever reason, we are just a pretty lousy football team. Much worse than I thought we would be.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm back. I left for a bit, followed the game via Twitter, and am now watching on JustinTV. The Gators are looking better.
Hey, E-. We really just got enough of a lead late enough in the game to force them to act like the week-to-week middle-of-the-pack FCS team that they really are, their QB coming "back down-to-Earth" and giving our otherwise inexplicably floundering defense (inexplicable in terms of HOW poorly and LACKADAISICALLY they reacted to ANY challenge) a chance to redeem themselves and even make the score look semi-"respectable" (though WE know better...).
Meanwhile, Georgia, a team no more "talented" than us (and another game we "shoulda" won), is now the SEC-East winner and going to Atlanta. You wanna know why? Just watch the first dozen or so minutes of our game today.
Finally, could you give me the proper address/link to JustinTV? For some reason, none of the links I got from Google worked right, wouldn't even give me the choice of the Gator-game, and I ended up getting it on ESPN3.com on my phone only (OK, in a pinch, but both small, and when there is a lot of 4G traffic (like today) you have to suffer through "freeze-ups while buffering" intermittently--even when just for a moment or two, it is irritating, even infuriating when it inevitably happens just as a big play begins--and you then cut back into the aftermath! MOTHERF-----!!!).
Not so much for Gator football THIS year, obviously, but for the future. Oh, here's Muschamp in post-game presser...

Escambia94

Thank goodness that my 12-year old son only had to watch the parts of the game where we looked decent. The last time we watched a game at BHG we lost to Mississippi State. The last few times we watched a game on TV we were blown out. Not sure if I want him to suffer through next week in what will likely be a shellacking by SOW.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
You got that right. Sadly, we will have to wait till next year to get a better handle on what the biggest problems were. Still doesn't make it feel any better. And am pretty disappointed in what appeared to be a lack of improvement during the course of the year. For whatever reason, we are just a pretty lousy football team. Much worse than I thought we would be.
There you go. That pretty well sums up how we ALL feel here, I'm thinking.
In fact, I ask anyone else out there to list some improvement(s), reason(s) for hope that have been demonstrated by our play on-the-field in games, as the season moves ponderously towards its (merciful) end.
All I can think of right now is the opposite, the things that have either remained the same, returned to haunt us, or steadily deteriorated: selfishness, lack of motivation, commitment or heart, carelessness, distracted and lackadaisical play, penalties, wasted drives, trouble in the redzone, lousy line-play on BOTH sides of the ball, questionable game plan, personnel, and play-calling decisions, and on and on and on...I COULD go on, believe me.
I'm LOOKING for hope, for some of you with more of that "half-full" outlook I tend to lack to reestablish the reasons to look forward with some confidence. I KNOW there ARE some (I can even find them in my own posted comments--as late as the last few days!)--I guess I just want to hear them from OTHERS in the context of "post-Furman": this game really shook me...I believe Mg is right, that we HAVE DEvolved over the course of the season, that we would have DESTROYED that team had we played them early. Oh, they might well have gotten up on us early, we had that tendency back then (another weakness that "RETURNED to haunt us", for "the negative list", BTW), but I am convinced we would have recovered quicker and turned it around earlier--and not looked back after that.
WAS it "just" that we have lost TOO many players to injury by now? We HAVE lost a LOT--but that ISN'T the only reason for all of this...the question becomes, how MUCH is TRULY explained in that way?
Other notes: Among a generally feeble effort by the defense, there WERE a couple of standouts; the one that comes to mind is Gardens, who had a career day and was all OVER the place...STILL don't understand the ignoring of Gillisley; the host of the Gator post-game show on UF is a HEAVY apologist for Weis and the "party line", which can get to be irritatingly inflexible at times, and a caller who is making the same point about Gillisley, when posing the question, "Why doesn't Weis PLAY him when our running game is having difficulty, for WHATEVER reasons?" , receives this answer: "I can tell you why: Because he's the 3rd string Running Back!"--delivered triumphantly like this patently "circular logic" is just obvious and brilliant in its clever and dismissive simplicity. Right up there with "It's true because it's TRUE. So THERE!" I still support Muschamp, but I'm keeping my eye on Weis and his offense: I won't be NEAR as patient and understanding if/when we don't see WHOLESALE improvement in the offense NEXT season...finally, these "persistent reports" of Urban Meyer going to OSU have taken on a new tone and, along with his sudden shift to "no comment" responses, tells me that he IS in the "discussion" stages with the Buckeyes' AD, etc. Now, this renders EVERYTHING that he did and said about himself, his health, his plans and his REASONS for leaving us and "spending more time with his family for the sake of his life, values and health" completely disingenuous. He KNEW he was in trouble here at Florida as far as what kind of teams he would have to work with, KNEW he had let too much slide and made too many errors on his own--and it is by now an unkept-secret that he had completely "lost his team" by after the LSU game his last season here; half the team didn't even show up for the first few practices for the bowl-game, not until the assistants went to them and their teammates to beg, plead and cajole them into coming back--he KNEW he needed time to "work the coaching network" in the background while he quietly made new contacts among hot young talents who he could gather under him and (he hopes) help him to duplicate the process by which all those great young coaches (now mostly HEAD coaches) helped him rise to prominence in the first place--and that job at ESPN was PERFECT for this. Of course, when you THINK about it, traveling at least 4 days out-of-the-week is HARDLY how one insures "plenty of time with family", giving the lie to THAT supposed heartfelt reason (remember the tearful, lump-in-the-throat press conference?), and 8 months away from the fishbowl/pressure cooker of bigtime college coaching does NOT constitute "ample time to regain my health"--so there's ANOTHER lie--and let's face it, THAT is what he gave us, a bunch of lies to cover his exit, retain his "image"while he slipped out of one set of obligations, responsibilities and pending failure, while he weaseled his way into something ELSE. When he takes that "next job", and I AM starting to believe it WILL be OSU, that'll be IT for me, as far as Meyer is concerned: all the great things he did here will then be essentially "tainted" by his unmasking as a COMPLETE PHONY. This guy is more politician than coach, at this point--like Tressel WAS, like Paterno WAS, like Hayes WAS, and as he continues in this direction, Urban will one day be a "WAS" as WELL.

Escambia94

We don't need to wait until next year to figure out what is wrong with this team and what we need to work on:

Offense - Problem: it sucks. Solution: stop sucking.
Defense - Problem: it sucks. Solution: stop sucking.
Special teams - Problem: it sucks on some days. Solution: stop sucking on some days.

Brilliant. I should get paid millions for this.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Thank goodness that my 12-year old son only had to watch the parts of the game where we looked decent. The last time we watched a game at BHG we lost to Mississippi State. The last few times we watched a game on TV we were blown out. Not sure if I want him to suffer through next week in what will likely be a shellacking by SOW.
God, that 1st quarter or so was hard to watch--and to see it reprised to start the 2nd half was almost worse (like we hadn't really fixed ANYTHING--here's the "nightmare" AGAIN!) SO bad, that when it came up again, even for just a drive-and-a-half this time, it really drove home the idea that started growing in the just-STUNNING 1st qrtr, that this was a bad Florida team that can't find its own @$$--and was in real danger of losing to a middle-of-the-pack FCS team!
Yes, we "turned it around", mostly on offense (normally our "weakest link"), but it really was a "loss everywhere but on the scoreboard"--something I wouldn't have even conceded was a possible outcome until today.
Look, we aren't alone in our difficulties: Miami just beat South Florida 6-to-3, and is running around on the field with their fans as if they just beat a bitter rival for a shot at the National Title. Georgia barely beat KY, 19-to-10 (we slaughtered them BIGTIME, back there in what was our 4th game and 2nd SEC-game--we were ranked #12 and THOUGHT "Well, maybe this WON'T be such a bad year after all..." HA! Is there anything more naive than a Gator before their team meets a HIGLY-ranked SEC opponent?). Alabama only beat Georgia Southern 24-to-21. #7 Clemson fell to NC State in a route. They won't be the only ones to do so today. And so on. At the very least, we did NOT bump the OSU Cowboys out of the "Big Loss" headline-slot tonight, which seemed a very real possibility early on.
Given what we DID see, with us SO undermanned healthwise in ADDITION to everything else, I don't see ANYTHING promising for next week, from a Gator standpoint...and of course THAT'S the one game that, where a win can help "FIX" a season, a loss, especially a BAD one, especially ESPECIALLY at home in the Swamp (and when DO we begin to "win back the SWAMP???"), is just TOO painful--and means all-the-more relentless trolling from the mindless ghouls who comprise so much of their backing.

Escambia94

We absolutely need to win back the Swamp. Absolutely. Positively. The Swamp is the secret to Spurrier's success. Unlike Muschamp, who has declared all games to be equally as important, Spurrier declared that the following was the order of importance in winning games:
  1. Home games in Florida Field at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium...the Swamp
  2. SEC
  3. other rivals
  4. other
Remember that saying from last year that if you have three quarterbacks, then you really have none? Well, we have discovered this year that if you have 12 equally important games then you have no important games. Beating SOW is absolutely vital. Life or death. Save the cheerleader, save the world. Beat the Noles, save the season. If we lose to SOW, we will probably finish under 0.500--that would show that we cannot beat any ranked team and our bowl matchup will be against a ranked opponent. If we win, that means we can muster all our inner strength against an opponent that is more important than other opponents and beat a rival. Unless we want SOW to continue beating us on the recruiting trail and threatening to steal the talent we will need to build a dynasty, we need to split these games against SOW.
If Will Muschamp wants some tips on how to make 2012 a better season, I suggest he look no further than the man who wrote the book on winning in the SEC...Steve Spurrier.
Here is next year's schedule:
  1. Bowling Green
  2. Louisiana Lafayette
  3. @ Tennessee
  4. Kentucky
  5. @ Ole Miss
  6. LSU
  7. TBA
  8. TBA
  9. Georgia
  10. TBA
  11. South Carolina
  12. Jax State
  13. SOW
One of those TBAs is rumored to be Texas A&M. The other two will likely be FCS teams. If I were Muschamp, I would follow Spurrier's model and make some teams more important, starting with home games.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Am I the one who's wrong on this one, or just the only one who "gets" the point Muschamp was making there? The way I took it, as I argued in my response to mg on this very topic (see his thread, "I'M BAFFLED BY THIS..."), was simply that a championship-caliber team ideally approaches each game in a similar fashion, not getting too "up" or too "down" in relation to factors outside their own preparation, confidence and efficiency--the things they can control. I never thought for a moment that he wouldn't be aware of the relative difficulty and/or importance of the various different games, or deny the importance of emotion in the game day performance of young men playing a fast and physical team sport. If he were to say at some later date, for example, "We need to take back the Swamp, get our crowd into it and take ADVANTAGE of their energy and intimidating enthusiasm--make it a place the other teams don't EXPECT to do well in, as it once was", I wouldn't see that as ANY kind of contradiction to these other comments...but I can see that some don't take it that way, and I guess I can understand how, only I think you're taking it too literally. Geez, I HOPE you're wrong, 'cause it would be foolish to deny the relative DIFFERENCES among our opponents, AND the importance of certain games at certain times, depending on the situation, and the definite GREATER stress that will ALWAYS be placed on a distinct handful of "Games Against Our Rivals" here in Gator Nation. He is FROM Gainesville; how could he not know and understand THAT?
In an uneven season (I was going to say "...like this one", but there hasn't BEEN a season "like this one" in quite some time, and we may well be PAST the point here where even the "Rival Games" offer much but flinching pessimism), those games become even MORE important: Even as we tell ourselves (quite convincingly, in my case) that we are more or less certain to lose the annual "last regular-season game", who among us doesn't still have at least a secret voice deep inside that allows, "But if we DID beat them in the Swamp, how GREAT would THAT be?" Sure would take some of the sting out of the last couple of months, push back the darkness somewhat--and yet I'm kind of bugged with myself for even having to recognize the thought. Somehow I "know" it won't happen, CAN'T happen, or at least wish I could just accept that likelihood, so I won't have to hurt again when it DOES happen.
Here's what I think about this discussion (not really a "disagreement", after all, but a difference in interpretation), bottom line: Maybe we should stop ultra-analyzing every nuance of our Head Coach's statements, actions and outbursts: maybe we need to take a step back, let him "make his moves", do his "coaching", and give him a chance to make the changes he has promised, by all signs has begun, and ultimately JUDGE HIM BY THE RESULTS, over time. As to "How MUCH time?", well, there WILL be opportunities to see (or fail to see) progress in the months ahead. Recruiting, the quarterback competition, the spring, next season and how much of that "change" we see beginning to manifest, and how much "for-the-better", and so on. There may be some disagreement whether it's fast enough, or great enough; is one squad or another lagging significantly behind, and/or does a coach or several coaches need to be held accountable? A year from now perhaps we'll have enough experience and demonstrable data for solid consideration of such questions--and if we ARE considering them, it'll be TIME to consider them if we want to stay on track for the kind of success we anticipate (and to a certain extent Gator Nation will REQUIRE) for the year AFTER!
For now, though, much as we ache, angry and impatient as we undoubtedly are, I think we need to separate all of that from a calm and patient kind of "Realistic, Eyes-wide-open Sanity". Let's at least TRY to be responsible enough to wait all of the "madness" out, see how it all settles and resolves itself, have a little faith in the men we have entrusted with our Program's health and success into the future. That way, we'll either be among those who DIDN'T "abandon hope and reason". OR the ones who will know we GAVE them that chance, so when we DO say "enough", it'll MEAN something.
As things are, the tantruming freak-out cases are so numerous, so EARLY in what was ALWAYS going to be a "roller coaster ride", even before we knew the extent of our problems OR their depth, that after awhile they'll render ALL such online "fits" completely irrelevant.
That only increases the isolation of our team from its fans and supporters, deepens the distance between the coaches and everyone else, making them MORE guarded. This is not only sad, it is a big mistake. I'd like to see that separation, the whole doublespeak and stonewalling on the part of the staff towards EVERYONE "outside the team", be toned down, even dismantled to some extent--but as things are going, it's getting worse and will continue to do so. If I had a way to get Muscamp's ear, THAT would be the one thing I would try my DAMNEDEST to get across to him: "Gator Nation can and SHOULD be an advantage, a POSITIVE, not a distraction or a weak point, to be finessed". THAT'S where your reservoir of "emotional strength and motivation" for certain rivals and games can NATURALLY come from, while the coaches concentrate on even-keeled preparation and efficiency. That's how you can have it BOTH WAYS.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...Oh, and one other thing: Here's hoping that Coach Boom doesn't really "take a tip" from any of the past coaches, not even SS, for his future actions, plans or ways-of-doing-ANYTHING. He needs to do things his OWN way AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.
I know what you were saying, E-, and you aren't wrong in the specific action you are recommending, just in the idea that this was SPURRIER'S way of doing things alone; he MADE it "his", but it was, is and will be a wise and proper course-of-action ALWAYS. Anyway, now that we have LOST the implied "Swamp Advantage" over the last couple of years (again, Meyer, who tried to make it "HIS" and managed to hold it for a time, reclaimed it, embraced it, then along with his Fool let it slip from his grasp), it is now waiting to be claimed by MUSCHAMP, who can make it part of HIS way, "the Florida Way" he likes talking about, part of a larger frame-of-reference that he can mold the Program to and leave his mark upon. He has that kind of big-picture drive, plans and ambition; if he achieves enough of it, he will become one of the great coaches in Gator history--and be here quite a while.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Hey E-94 I heard Temple is looking for assistants as well as THEOSU, Penn State (if you really want to go there), Ole Miss among others. Anyway really not looking forward to the game against the Noles especially since They're going to play angry and motivated. Also I think Mizzou is going to be one of the Gators opponents since they're going to play be a SEC East team.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hey E-94 I heard Temple is looking for assistants as well as THEOSU, Penn State (if you really want to go there), Ole Miss among others. Anyway really not looking forward to the game against the Noles especially since They're going to play angry and motivated. Also I think Mizzou is going to be one of the Gators opponents since they're going to play be a SEC East team.
E- IS "coaching material" if I get your point correctly--maybe professional gambler and "Tout" as well, as an alternative: I'd buy into HIS stats and conclusions over ANY of the ones I read or see online! (Doubt the Air Force would approve--but perhaps more lucrative...a ready-made career following your retirement, E-? Hey, I have played Tournament-poker, play at pretty decent level now, and am considering it as a possible post-retirement option--provided I can steadily up my game to TRUE Championship skill-levels...otherwise it isn't worth doing, far as I can see--but that's just me.)
Totally feel the same re the Moles-game next week (see my new thread, "Post Game...")...
As for TAMU and Mizzou, while we'll play these "new Tigers" home-and-home intermittently if/when they end up in the East, the word is (albeit still unofficial) that it'll be the Aggies that we'll play MORE often as our new "rival from the West" (Deemed "necessary" from a scheduling POV, every team in each Division is to get one of these from the other one, most will remain paired with their "natural rivals"--and since we don't really HAVE one of those from the West now, the idea is that linking us and TAMU this way is the "logical arrangement")--but since none of this is more than supposed "leaked ongoing discussions behind-the-scenes", who really KNOWS?

totenkopf13

Gator Fan
The game was ppv here. I didn't even bother watching it on Breakfast with the Gators on Sunday. After reading this thread saturday night, I had a perfect mental picture and opted not to subject myself to the aggravation of watching it play out on the screen. I can't remember the last time I missed a game.

Hopefully, they can muster some cahonies and take care of sow this week at home.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The game was ppv here. I didn't even bother watching it on Breakfast with the Gators on Sunday. After reading this thread saturday night, I had a perfect mental picture and opted not to subject myself to the aggravation of watching it play out on the screen. I can't remember the last time I missed a game.

Hopefully, they can muster some cahonies and take care of sow this week at home.
Glad we could be of SOME use...MAN, you DIDN'T want to watch that 1st qrtr--one of the worst I've EVER seen us play. Even the "homer"-announcers on RUF called it "Keystone Cops", then a "Chinese Fire Drill"!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema