• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day Thread: Florida vs. Furman

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK, time for Kick Off...I don't have it on TV so far here in TX--but I'm trying to get a PPV connect that is SUPPOSED to be available on my system...meanwhile, I've got the RUF radio-version (but that is on a stupid 3-min. delay), plus the Yahoo GameTracker (and the "Highlights Channel", who'll show the TDs). Go Gators! (..and those of you actually seeing the game can give the rest of us some commentary...?)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
If that Rainey "run" on 3rd-and-1 for NOTHING--AND he's hurt--isn't emblematic of our whole "Running Game" (such as it is or isn't)...Man, I just can't WAIT 'til we have some linemen AND power runners to get PAST these problems. THERE--Joyer, like we've all been hollering for since weeks ago...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Check out Justin.TV or FirstRowSports, I think the game will be streamed there. It is on ESPN3.com
THANKS!--I'm on it (we're supposed to GET ESPN3.com here). Meanwhile, we manage to squander a drive. Against Furman. Yikes.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uh, I don't know if I WANT to watch this game--Furman just went right through us like WE were the FCS team...Well, at least they missed the PAT...but we just got punched in the face. SOUNDS like the Gators thought they could just cruise to a win. We better snap OUT of it, or we WILL be sitting at home through out DEC. and beyond.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Cripes, we're up to our old "loser moves" again: penalty by Hines puts us at the 14 instead of the 45...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Do you believe this?!!! I am about to consider turning this off. We were NOT ready to play here today (Duh...), and this is the first time I must question the coaches on our problems here: I know we have a lot of guys THEY wouldn't have taken, but this is ridiculous. We can't stop FURMAN. I am appalled.

travisduncan

Gator Fan
Furman outcoaching Muschamp and Dan Quinn, each of their plays calls have been spot on-defense out of position on almost every play.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh my. The "D" was the part of our team I thought was coming around.
We are about to be not just "embarrassed", we will be one of the "laughing stock" stories this weekend. In a sad and frustrating season, THIS is the absolute WORST. Even if we DID "come back" now--and I see no sign, nor have I seen such a sign at any time this year, that we are capable of doing that--it is STILL completely pathetic.
I don't think they can "flick the switch" ON at this point. The radio announcers say that the Gators "look like they took a bunch of muscle relaxers before the game".
Dente Thompson go-route...I just can't get excited about it...I WON'T get "up" unless/until they reel off about 28 points or so now...we're bogged down in the redzone again: WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS O-LINE??? TD pass to REED. 'Bout time...but meanwhile, this line should be able to out-muscle Furman's, who are significantly smaller (for a change--WE have been the "small guys" 'til now).
Apparently (according to the sidelines-guy who overheard the coaches working with the "D"), this Furman offense is brand new, something they installed for this game and we hadn't ever seen on film by them before...still, we are letting them move down the field AGAIN. They better smarten UP, make some plays. I can't believe we are in a fight-for-our-lives with these guys. We STILL can't stop them!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is stunning--and we ARE being outcoached: This is the kind of thing we thought WEIS would do for US!
TD on a BUBBLE screen--no excuses, we should NOT have been fooled by this.
I don't know what to say at this point. We are going to lose this game, possibly quite badly. If we do, I will HAVE to leave this season behind...concentrate on recruiting, etc.--but even that is about to be damaged, perhaps fatally, as far as this coaching regime is concerned: without that "killer class", they will NOT be able to fix this anytime soon.
We are a BAD TEAM. The announcers just said the same thing: "This is stunning!"

mjfan23

VIP Member
The season has already been left behind. A losss to this porportion will kill recruiting. Whose going to have any trust in what the coaches are saying?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
End of first. What do y'all say, friends? On the one hand, if I continue to monitor this fiasco, I'll NEED to vent here...on the other, maybe I should just shut up and go away? I KNOW everyone else is facing the same question. So:
At what point do we "call it"? I'm inclined to make the first "Break-Off Point" at "whomever scores the next TD": Gators score, I hang in for a bit longer. Furman scores, I am OUTTA here.

mjfan23

VIP Member
I still think florida is going to win this game... but at this point whats it matter? Im embarassed.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
ANOTHER flag? One guy out there, HE gets called? We are just FULL of LOSERS! No wonder this is happening.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I still think florida is going to win this game... but at this point whats it matter? Im embarassed.
REALLY? You think they'll still win? Man, I mean, you may be right, but I don't see it. Rainey is obviously hurting, can't put it into that extra gear--and we NEED him now, I'm afraid. Brantley doesn't look right either, not sharp. Throws a good one, then two bad. We better score here. Reed is all we really got right now.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh, to have a TOUGH runner here--oh wait, we have TWO of them, plus Brisset. Joyer's one of 'em--about TIME Weis "wised" up! TD. OK, I'll watch another series--but they are on a "short leash", for me: the "D" must now adapt and STEP UP.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The fact that we ARE able to move the ball this well on their defense only underlines how badly both coaches and players underestimated AND under-prepared for this game.
Another big run. Easley gets beaten BADLY. F*CK!!! I cannot STAND watching this. Where the HELL is our DEFENSE. We MUST stop them, NOW.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema