• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Wow - asterisk for New England if they go unbeaten?

Shula thinks so.

Don Shula likes the Patriots' chances of going undefeated, but the Bill Belichick-inspired spying scandal has clouded Shula's thinking when comparing New England with his unbeaten 1972 Dolphins team.

"The Spygate thing has diminished what they've accomplished," Shula said in an interview with the New York Daily News. "You would hate to have that attached to your accomplishments. They've got it."

Belichick was fined $500,000 and the Patriots were fined $250,000 and lost a first-round draft pick for videotaping the Jets' opposing sideline during the teams' season-opening game.

"That tells you the seriousness or significance of what they found," Shula said, according to the Daily News. "I guess you got the same thing as putting an asterisk by Barry Bonds' home run record.

"I guess it will be noted that the Patriots were fined and a No. 1 draft choice was taken away during that year of accomplishment. The sad thing is Tom Brady looks so good, it doesn't look like he needs any help."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3097057

I guess if Bonds might get one, maybe they should as well?

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
I still don't think the pats will, I mean how close has it been for indanapolis, pittsburgh? I mean someone will slip up and ruin there "dreams" sota speak LOL

sbq80

VIP Member
PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BooHoo someone else may go undefeated & we can't drink our champagne when the last undefeated team losses.
WEAK WEAK WEAK WEAK.

There is still a lot of football to be played BUT if the Pats do go undefeated (I think they will) than they proved they are one of the best teams ever.

Edit-I am not a Pats fan actually I do not like NFL football but a great team is a great team & Miami or Shula is scared

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
Now I hope they lose even more now, I hardly doubt shula is scared LMAO!!!! but ya know what, NE will be 1 of the best teams ever if they do go undefeated, but 10, 20, 30 etc...yrs on down the road, who ya think they'll talk about "first" everyone will always remember the dolphins going undefeated first, then NE. but there's alot of football left, so we'll see. IN my opinion IF I was a NE fan, I would want them to lose atleast 1 game entering the play-offs, cuz if they go into the play-offs undefeated, chances are they'll get there butts kicks.... so I ask YOU NE fans, which is more important? undefeated ? or win a super bowl? Miami went undefeated and won the super bowl, sorry but NE can't do both ;)

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
The Patriots are sick, but I just don't think they'll go undefeated. It is so damn hard for a team to do that. If Bill is smart, once they lock up homefield they'll rest some players, which could ultimately lead to a loss.

nismodrift

VIP Member
i think NE can do both, plus I'm a pats fan. But this team is way better than that dolphins team back in the day. Anyways I'd rather a superbowl and if they do lose I would be kinda pissed since it's starting to come late into the season but I'd rather them lose now than lose later on but I'm hoping for undefeated + superbowl, will be amazing and complete the pats bein an amazing dynasty. . .and to mr. 2bits post, I like your idea it would be smarter just to prevent injury but if they are only like 2 games away from undefeated I'd say take the risk and go for it. . .

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
There's actually a huge difference in todays NFL versus back in the day, MONEY!!! free agencies!!!! correct me if my wrong, but in 1972 miami won with what they had, they couldn't just go out and get who ever they wanted, not like it is nowa days, what junior say ouch, was suppose to have retired, and low and behold he ends up in NE, going out and "buying randy moss" which I think he's very overrated!!! Yeah there's a huge difference from 1972 to 2007, they had 26 teams back then, versus how many now 36? The competition was alot better then than now. they players was more often to retire with the team they came up with than now, how many teams has randy moss, junior played for, 3, 4 teams? It's rediculous, MONEY and free angencies has ruined professional sports, thats why I love college sports, cuz it's all about the talent!!! NOT MONEY!!

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
What all of you seem to fail to realize is, even if they go 16-0, they still gotta win the Superbowl to accomplish what the '72 Dolphins did. They won all 14 regular season game and finished 17-0.

But trust me, New England loses at least one this regular season.:bananapowerslide:

zyonuf79

Gator Fan
The competition for home field advantage will come down to the last game of the regular season if Indy doesn't lose another game. New England will only go undefeated in the regular season if Indy forces them too by winning out. However, I think Indy will win the AFCCG.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
The competition for home field advantage will come down to the last game of the regular season if Indy doesn't lose another game. New England will only go undefeated in the regular season if Indy forces them too by winning out. However, I think Indy will win the AFCCG.

Wouldn't surprise me. I'm kind of hoping any team but the Pats win. Those New Englanders are getting a little TOO CONFIDENT. Thinking they are better than the Yankees?? Try 26 Championships to 2 since 1918, and I'm not even a Yankees fan.

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
Well if ya think about it, Boston used to be laughed at, and the patriots was the laughing stock of the NFL back in the day LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema