• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Wildcats Too Much For Florida Gators

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Earlier this season the Gators beat No. 2 ranked Michigan State, but last night they had their hands full against another No. 2 team and couldn’t come out with a win. The Kentucky Wildcats defeated the Florida Gators by a final score of 89-77. The Gators went on a huge run in the second half and had the game tied with 5:13 left, but Kentucky then went on a 8-1 run and had the game all but locked up. The Gators are now 11-5 overall and 0-2 in the SEC.

Like everyone else, I was worried about John Wall – probably the best player in all of college basketball – coming in here and dropping 30 on the Gators. However, it wasn’t Wall who did us in… it was Eric Bledsoe who scored a career high 25 points, shooting 77%from the field. The man was on fire. “He’s as good as any point guard in the country,” Gators coach Billy Donovan said. “He’s faster than John Wall and probably shoots it a little bit better.”

Erving Walker led the Gators in scoring with 20, followed by Alex Tyus and Kenny Boynton who had 17 and 12 points respectively. Walker continues to impress me every game. He has the ability to “turn it on” and shoot lights out. There was a stretch in the game where I think he hit two 3-pointers in a row and then added another basket all within 2 minutes. Vernon Macklin got into foul trouble and was limited the entire game. He played only 19 minutes, racking up only 8 points and 3 rebounds.

The Gators definitely have work to do (mainly improving their rebounding) as they move forward in SEC play. Their next game is at home vs. the LSU Tigers on January 16, 2010.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema