• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Who Will Lead The Gators in 2010?

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Over the last 3 years, the leaders of the Florida Gators football team have been quite clear. Tim Tebow on offense and Brandon Spikes on defense - they were vocal leaders in the locker room and led by example on the field (until Spikes eye gauged that Bulldog). There were never any doubts that when the Gators needed some pushing around or motivation it would be one of those two guys delivering. Now, Tebow and Spikes are gone and the Gators will need two new leaders to step up. Who will they be?

More...

wardeworth

Gator Fan
I think the offensive leader for this year will be big Mike(Pouncey). He’s clearly one of the leaders on the practice field,i think florida has one of the toughest schedules going into next year, if not the toughest on paper. And now they have a new QB who IS going to make rookie mistakes.No two players have impacted the emotional state of a college football team the last few years like Spikes and Tebow.

AK Gator

Gator Fan
Not only are Spikes and Tebow gone, but so is Charlie Strong who was been a huge presence in Gator Football for some time. The team is really lacking an identity in all phases on the game. You're right in that Pouncey is really going to have to be a leader on the field, but I feel that he is going to have to tape together the leadership on the offensive side until Brantley can come into his own, which the team will need to have happen as soon as they can. Getting out from under the shadow of Tim Tebow is going to be very important to the identity of this team. He'll need to come out quick and show everyone why he was recruited so heavily. No he won't be lowering his shoulder and taking on all comers 5-10 times a game, so instead he needs to stand back in the pocket and carve teams up to really get the crowd believing in him as someone who can get it down. So my hope is that Pouncey can be a stabilizing presence until JB is ready to take the reins.

Chas Henry will have a big role simply because of how deflating a misplay from the kicking team can be in a game. If he can be consistent throughout the season it will help prevent added stress from being placed on this largely faceless team.

As for on defense, I have no idea. It will all depend on who shines in the new DC's scheme and who has the work ethic and impact during game prep. Hopefully we'll see some of our younger players take on that role of hungry underclassman who wants to make a name early.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema