• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

When will Meyer leave UF?

sammy

VIP Member
He doesn't have a track record off staying at schools for very long, giving me reason to think he might head out sometime very soon. If ND sucks it up next year and fires Weis... do you think Meyer could leave the Gators for his 'dream job' ?

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
No-one thought steve spurrier would ever leave either and what happen, he went to the NFL and ofcourse came back to coach south carolina, I guess my point is, money rules!!! so i'll say if ND or any other school offers urban enough money, he'll leave.

gtrgrl97

VIP Member
I don't know what he was like when he was coaching the other teams, but currently he says he loves our boys, our team is like family, he's doing GREAT expansions at the swamp... doing great things in Gainesville, coaching a young team that will get better over the next years.....

I hope he sticks around for a LONG time!!!! He's a really awesome guy, (I met him once by accident)....he's good in the summer football camps (my son went last year)...I hope he falls for G'ville and the Swamp, like Coach Billy D., (well, like ME for goodness sake!).

Okay, that last paragraph was a lot of rambling, but it came from the heart! :eek:
I was completely floored and blown away when Coach Spurrier left---- actually I cried (little embarassing).

I hope Coach Meyer sticks around for the long haul and doesn't go ANYWHERE......
Go Gators!!!

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
I don't know what he was like when he was coaching the other teams, but currently he says he loves our boys, our team is like family, he's doing GREAT expansions at the swamp... doing great things in Gainesville, coaching a young team that will get better over the next years.....

I hope he sticks around for a LONG time!!!! He's a really awesome guy, (I met him once by accident)....he's good in the summer football camps (my son went last year)...I hope he falls for G'ville and the Swamp, like Coach Billy D., (well, like ME for goodness sake!).

Okay, that last paragraph was a lot of rambling, but it came from the heart! :eek:
I was completely floored and blown away when Coach Spurrier left---- actually I cried (little embarassing).

I hope Coach Meyer sticks around for the long haul and doesn't go ANYWHERE......
Go Gators!!!

I know exactly how you feel, I was rasied watching steve spurrier coach, and loved him so much and never met him LOL, but yeah I cried to when they annouced he was leaving, THEN when they announced he was coming to coach the college level again, my first thought was "HE'S COMING BACK TO FLORIDA!!!" and ofcourse I cried again when he went to south carolina, I feel so sorry for him on that sideline with SC, ofcourse I don't know whats going through his mind, But he just looks so lonely and un-happy over there. But as for urban, the only other school I know he coached was utah, "I think", and was a great coach there, And in my other post above, I failed to mention that I was HAPPY with urban meyer, and prays he stays for a very long time, like flgatorgirl said, I hops he's here as long as bobby bowden is with FSU. sorry for the minature book LOL

nismodrift

VIP Member
I could see him possibly leaving after his recruits are gone, as in Tebow, Harvin, and James. Pretty much the big 3 and possibly another title happening. but, it's wherever the money is at. but I hope he stays true and keeps him awesomeness in gainesville for at least a decade. . .

awebbf5

VIP Member
I dont think hes leaving anytime soon.When your the head coach of the football team at uf your pretty much a god.I dont think meyer's offense would work in the nfl and plus being the head coach at uf has to be in the top 5 best coaching jobs in the ncaa.If he did leave i dont think it would be as soon as tebow and the rest of his guys did either,id say he ill be with us for at least 5 to 7 more years.

suedon70

Gator Fan
I think there's always a possibility that he could leave for a ND-like job, but I hope that doesn't happen for a long, long time....

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
I Seriously Don't Think He Would Go To The Nfl, I Mean The Stats Of Coaches Leaving College Going To The Nfl Aren't Very Good, Unless Your Jimmy Johnson Or Barry Switzer And We All Know Both Of Them Landed On Gold Minds At Dallas.

If Urban Leaves Florida It'll Have To Be To A National Championship Calliber Team And Ofcourse The Most Important The Money Will Have To Be More Than What He Makes Here, Which Is A No Brainer.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Ummmmmmmmm...........let me think......................................................................................................................................................he will leave uh..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................what day...........................................................................never.:D

awebbf5

VIP Member
Hes not even going to be offered the notre dame job,cause weis aint going nowhere,yeah it was a season that was completely terrible but weis has got some good recruits coming in plus hes gonna try to make clause in2 brady so he will be there for a long time, i believe.Did anybody hate casey clausen as bad as i did,i think hes my most hated tennessee qb ever.

sbq80

VIP Member
If he were to leave, he will not do it while Tebow is there. Tebow is Meyers golden ticket.

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
Is there any REAL reason why we're even talking about this? I mean it's actually kinda pointless don'tcha think?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema