• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What makes this season a success?

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Do you consider getting to the Tournament a successful season considering we've been on the outside looking in for the last two years? Or do you think we need 1 Tourney win? A Sweet Sixteen appearance?

I'm not sure getting to the tournament is enough anymore, but given our recent past, I think a win over BYU would be a good season... even if we flame out in Round 2.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Just as in football, Gator fans need to realize that we won't hit the championship round every year in basketball. Sure there'll be a lot of whining, finger-pointing and the few in the "Fire Billy Donovan" choir spouting off if we wind up being one-and-done, but I'm happy just to see us back in the Dance after a drought.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
I want to see us win in the first round to consider it a success. We ended very weak which is something that is in all of our minds right now, and I think one tourney win will give me comfort.

Even if we don't win, I think I would have to look back on the season and consider just making it to the tourney a success. We don't have THAT great of players, but they showed a lot of improvement this year and played well together. I think I heard that all of our starting 5 is averaging double digits scoring, that stat says a lot.

This season gives me a lot of hope for next year, we should only lose Werner, and should pick up some decent recruits.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
After two years in the NIT, just making the NCAA Finals is a success. That does not mean the Gators should take BYU lightly. It would be nice to beat BYU, but Kansas State would kill us in Round 2. I'm happy with avoiding the NIT. Beating BYU is gravy. K State is unlikely.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema