• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Well looks as if I'm eating my words...

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
AND COULDNT BE HAPPIER!

yes I was a Driskel non believer, but now seeing him grow game after game I realize I should have trusted coach booms decision and backed him.

I'm very impressed with Driskel thus far and how he's improving from qtr to qtr.

I'm getting very excited looking towards next year being able to contend for sec and maybe national championship...

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
For some reason, I believe the coaches on this one. We probably could have won with either one, because it is not necessarily the QB's fault that the passing game is anemic. Our receivers cannot get open! Driskel is gaining the patience to know what to do when his receivers are not open. Granted, the announcers stated that he is still overlooking open receivers, but that may be Driskel ignoring the receiver that is not open enough. That might change as Driskel is forced to take a couple chances at throwing at a receiver that is not "90% open", but only "60% open" (if there is such a thing).

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I think Driskel will be scary once they take the leash off his throwing. I am glad he is patient. If our receivers would get open, he would be dropping bombs. His issue is the short to medium passing range, but he has convinced me that he will learn and master those passes.

mjfan23

VIP Member
I think his decision making has been pretty good. He picks and choses when to scramble.

I have been impressed with what hes brought this year. I see continual improvement over the season and the rest of his career. At least I hope so

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Let's not overlook E-'s point about the receivers--and personally I think that though Reed and of course Burton are making both the TE position and some plays out of the backfield efficient and effective, aside from Hammond (who is currently more and more becoming Jeff's "go to guy" for the big play) and his YAC, the WRs have been a real let-down...neither one of the promising starters, Debose OR Dunbar, has stepped up yet--they have both WAY under-performed, and this has severely cramped our passing, the balanced play-calling that this offense depends on to get rolling and set the opposing defense on its heels, and most of all is affecting the break-out progress of young Driskel: the fact that he has come this far this fast despite that lack, continues to show leaps of improvement in knowledge, poise and skill WITHOUT that component of his passing game yet reliably available, is pretty damn amazing in and of itself--and he's done it on-the-road in the SEC, in hostile environments against a couple of pretty good teams...Yeah, I'd say the future is pretty promising, a whole LOTTA "upside"! For these and other reasons, I feel we haven't seen anything LIKE his "breakout game" yet...that'll come when both the O-line AND the WRs put together the respective kinds of performances that they are supposedly capable of, that presumably they were brought IN here for.
I'll say this: recruiting-wise we need to go back to the "grind" and gather a few 4- and 5-star (or at the very least under-the-radar/highly-promising) WR prospects to compete immediately for starting roles in 2013. Meanwhile, either the guys we've got come into their own soon, or they find themselves pushed for playing time and eventually pushed ASIDE next season--we can't keep waiting and wondering what their problems are: both have been mainly "practice wonders" so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema