• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Week 6/ 3: #4 Florida Gators 38, Texas A&M Aggies 41 10/10

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I figure to win this game, we have to stop them from scoring TWICE:
Once in this first half to take a lead into the break; then again, ONCE in the second, late 4th qrtr, to seal the win.
I’m simply afraid even THAT much defense is beyond this squad.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kyle Trask looks a bit nervous playing at Kyle Field.
I suppose that may be a real effect of it being his “home territory”, the school he dreamt of going to, after growing up in an Aggie family.. but it’s STILL funny to say it.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
And we still haven’t stopped them, really. Oh well—at least we held em to a fg. That’s about as “good” as this defense has shown today.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Both teams fairly even. Surprisingly good game if you are a fan of offense, not so much if you are a fan of defense.
DA40B91C-4D6E-4721-9699-4071FCB765ED.jpeg

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Aggies would have scored a TD instead of a FG if they could manage the clock better.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Might as well face it:
Win or lose today, this defense of ours is SO weak that we CANNOT include ourselves among the “Elite”.
Y’all can just FORGET about all that for now, Gators. Oh, maybe we can manage another “High-2nd-Tier”-Bowl again—another Orange or Sugar Bowl (non-playoff) game at the end...and MAYBE back in the thick of things come 2021–but we are WASTING the best offense we’ve seen here since Tebow’s last season.
An ugly, frustrating total package all around. I still find it difficult to fathom HOW poor this defense has become in so short a time since being considered a
“shut down unit”. Personel, scheme, fundamentals and conditioning have ALL seemingly atrophied.
Even were we to manage to pull this one out at the end, in my heart of hearts I am now resigned to our losing MORE than one of the rest...This was the game where we were to learn how much or how little we REALLY had—WELL, now we know.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Both teams fairly even. Surprisingly good game if you are a fan of offense, not so much if you are a fan of defense. View attachment 529
“Not so much” if you’re a Gator.
Having to face these particular facts, the game is already a huge disappointment to ME: I’m having to accept the stark, sinking realization that, good as our OFFENSE is, our DEFENSE is SO bad that it more than “reduces our chance” against ANYONE: It actually condemns us to non-elite, “good-but-not-QUITE”-status!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
They get pressure, finally—and stop them on 3rd down to force a punt.
Wow. If they could do that even half the time, things might be different.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
And we get lucky on the roughing call—cancelling out an otherwise bad throw on Trask’s part.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Why have they gotten away from Kyle Pitts? And STILL no consistent running game. Now a bad punt after a 3 and out.
We are about to let this one get away—and with it, our SEASON, by the way...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
And what about this all-homer, all-Aggie announcer-support?
Bad enough watching the PLAY, without having to LISTEN TO THIS BS!!!
I’ve turned off the sound...can’t really stand the RUF feed today either...
I mean, talk about “false optimism”!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema