• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Week 14: Florida Gators vs FSU Seminoles - 11/28/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It looks like both QBs EJ5 and AR15 are injured. EJ5 is less injured. AR15 has a noticeable limp. That was before the game.
Oh. Thanks—but on the telecast they have been showing a seemingly healthy AR, bouncing up and down beside the ostensible “Coach” and doing the “Hey Coach! Here I am! I’m READY!”-thing.
And Emory has just shown VERY POORLY, made FOOLISH decisions again and again!
Unless it is a situation where the trainer has determined that putting him in may threaten his FUTURE HEALTH, it has LONG SINCE gotten to be time to yank Jones, sub in Anthony and see if he can WIN this for us.
I think we’ve got MORE than a touchdown lead if AR were running the offense from some point in the 1st quarter ON!
But CLEARLY: We are in DIRE need of a decisive LEADER.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I’ll just shut up.
Y’all know how I see this one, top to bottom, opening kick until now...
The only “adjustment” I can envision this bunch managing is if they actually CAN (whether they have the CHOICE, health-wise, and/or strategy- or GUTS-wise) MAKE the switch at QB for the Gators.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(And, for the record: )
“F*CK EMORY JONES!”
That was one of the more pitiful responses to being under pressure, one’s team DEPENDING on you, that I have ever seen a Gator de facto “QB-1” perform!
It doesn’t require “KNUTE ROCKNY” to see what needs doing here. But I guess it DOES require SOMEBODY.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The “good news” I guess is that it does still seem clear that there is enough talent remaining on our squad for a modicum of late-recruiting and some competent coaching to have us back operating at a decent level of competition within a reasonable amount of TIME: Maybe even within a season or two!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I’ll say THIS:
The fans showed up, and so did this TEAM.
Give them THAT!
They “protected the Swamp”, at least so far.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don’t know WHAT will happen in the 4th here, but if the Gators can find a way to hold on an WIN this thing, even if it’s the proverbial “UGLY win”, WE WILL TAKE IT!
Take it, pocket it, and carry on with heads held high!
We had every reason and opportunity here to just pack it in...let go of whatever pride we had and just say “F*CK IT!” OURSELVES—but we find ourselves with a quarter to go, Richardson in charge and driving this team for another score.
They won’t give him this TD—but it showed GUTS AND INTENSITY—HELMETLESS to the ENDZONE.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
THAT, is the stupidest damn penalty call I have EVER HEARD OF!!! Penalizing Pierce for his guts and drive is NOT what the game is ABOUT at this level!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Go for the win: I’m with this “interim Coach” here.
TOUCHDOWN GATORS!!!
Gutsy Pierce takes it in, as he DESERVED!
Somewhere MULLEN should learn from what just happened:
Your “interim” replacement just showed the guts, drive and BALLS that when it came down TO it, YOU DID NOT, Dan!
And I THINK that might just kick open the DOOR:
Oh, they will TRY to make a furious comeback—but as long as the current “man in charge” stays-the-course, stays AGGRESSIVE, GOES FIR THE WIN—we’ll GET THIS ONE:
The way we SHOUKD have gotten at least a few MORE this season, had the guy in Mullen’s shoes not disappeared the moment that Gator defender threw away THAT SHOE in last season’s LSU game...
We just never saw the same Coach or team again.
Until this second half—although our inability to tackle is tearing its head again.
We just cannot STOP this Nole QB-1.
We just GOTTA MAKE A STOP.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Damn. Still so little D.
Sigh...
Well, At least AR finally got a chance to show who he is and what he could have been doing for this team all along.
But we are asking him to do it AGAIN now:
I don’t believe we can win without him leading one more drive—the longer the better of course: A TD if it happens relatively quickly, but if we can burn some time, even a fg might seal the deal.
But you must PLAY for the win from here: Here is another potential “AR-Moment” coming our way.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Crap. Not much time off the clock; over 7 minutes left and they get the ball back.
And us with our “matador defense” (“OLAY!”—miss...)!
I don’t know if I can watch this:
We either stop them, or end up losing as ugly as could be imagined!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK, boys.
Just ONE MORE DECENT DRIVE and you can walk off this field with HEADS HELD HIGH.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We actually played some DEFENSE against them that last series.
Now if we can at least burn close to 4 minutes off the clock, this game is OURS whether we score or not. Some POINTS would be nice, though!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Aw, that is bs. But why didn’t we GO for it? Easiest way to put it away RIGHT THEN AND THERE!
When are these Coaches gonna realize that with these kids you GOTTA just gotta play for the WIN when you have the chance.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Meanwhile, we are about to have another replay call go against us.
Yup—by “playing it safe” and not GOING for it on 4th, we may well have once AGSIN “snatched defeat from the jaws of victory”.
Get us a COACH WITH BALLS!!!
Maybe we DO need a Lane Kiffen after all!
We may still win this one by 3 points, but it’ll be pure “luck-by-our-fingernails”.
AGAIN:
No
Matter what, The COACHES denied the PLAYERS the chance to WIN IT FOR THEMSELVES.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is just everything I have gotten SICK of with this program: Get us a tough Coach. PLEASE.
I am so tired of sweating out games we had in HAND!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Unless someone on our side makes a play...
BUT NO! ANOTHER “off sides” by our D. Pathetic. THREE of them just on this drive!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Our guys played their hearts out here—but the “interim Coach” denied them that opportunity, so F*ck HIM TOO!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
unless we stop them here, we are going to end up getting tied at the end, you watch..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema